Who discovered who?

I'm sure this techinically falls under this category, but Victoria's Secret definantly launched the careers of Stephanie Seymour, Crystal Renn, Rhea Durham, Laetitia Casta, Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen, Isabeli Fontana, Karolina Kurkova, Adriana Lima, and Alessandra Ambrosio. I wouldn't put Izabel Goulart and Selita Ebanks on that list yet, but we'll see. I guess you could also say that Ana Beatriz Barros, Fernanda Tavares, and Oluchi Onweagba are Victoira's Secret regulars too.

And that's just commercial too. Gisele Bundchen was definantly helped by Dolce & Gabbana (she did 7 seasons of campaigns) and Christian Dior (I beleive 6 seasons).

Last edited by a moderator:
funkalicious said:
Natalia Vodianova - Calvin Klein

I'd say Natalia Vodianova was pretty big before her Calvin Klein contract, she already did Anna Molinari and that Gucci fragance ad before CK signed her.

Inez & Vinoodh - Anja Rubik. Although she had worked in modeling before they helped her to become a top model :D

Agreed, Natalia was already one of the fastest rising commodities before CK signed her excusively.

Hana_N said:
I'd say Natalia Vodianova was pretty big before her Calvin Klein contract, she already did Anna Molinari and that Gucci fragance ad before CK signed her.

Testino discovered to:
Kate Moss
Jacquetta Wheeler
Alexei Lubomorsky
Simona Venier
Gisele Bundchen
Atrid Muñoz
Fernanda Tavarez
Patricia Schmid

Claudia Midolo (Modelwerk) from Modelwerk scouted Toni Garrn // First big shoot for Vogue with M. Testino
Louisa von Minckewitz (Louisa Models) has discovered Julia Stegner // ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Miuccia Prada and Meisel have launched many model's careers as well as US Vogue

Hans Feurer discovered Amber Valletta
Izzy Blow discovered Stella Tennant & Honor Fraser

Azzedine Alaia: Naomi Campbell. She was his muse in the beginning of her career.

I'm sure this techinically falls under this category, but Victoria's Secret definantly launched the careers of Stephanie Seymour, Crystal Renn, Rhea Durham, Laetitia Casta, Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen, Isabeli Fontana, Karolina Kurkova, Adriana Lima, and Alessandra Ambrosio. I wouldn't put Izabel Goulart and Selita Ebanks on that list yet, but we'll see. I guess you could also say that Ana Beatriz Barros, Fernanda Tavares, and Oluchi Onweagba are Victoira's Secret regulars too.

Yeah so its funny to read comments here on how 'VS kills career of models' :rolleyes: like its a really bad thing to do.

Anyways, to add to testinofan 's list, Mario Testino is also said to discover Marisa Miller.:flower:

Irina Kulikova was discovered in a Moscow restaurant by IMG head honcho, Ivan Bart, and Liv Tyler

givenchy - lara stone
carine roitfeld - natasha poly or was it gucci??

^modela, do you mean these girls got famous through them or were actually discovered by them?

yeah they got famous through them or atleast had their break by them

Mario Testino discovered Marisa Miller while she was surfing.

Ellis also takes credit for discovering Alek Wek and Karen Elson (not sure she actually "found" Karen).

She's a regular agent/scout, though. I mean, that's how most models get discovered. There are some really amazing scouts and mother agents out there who are completely anonymous to everyone outside the industry, but there are usually a few steps between the person who first finds you and the person who "makes" you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->