Who Is Your Fashion & Style Icon?

indian_rose

Reaction score
Who is your fashion/style icon overall? (you may have 2 icons i.e overall and current trends)

What do you like about their style and how do you incorporate their trademark look into your everyday style?

How much do they infulence your wardrobe?

Discuss:flower:

I know it may sound overrated and all too common...but I'd have to say Karl Lagerfeld & Dean & Dan Caten.

I love Chanel regardless...and Karl has been showing a lot of integrity, especially with the recent Chanel cruise line...I don't think I would have ever favored stars & stripes as much as I did.

DSquared2 says a lot for itself. Their designs involve a lot of pop culture & current trends.

from the past, katharine hepburn and jane birkin. presently, clémence poésy and kirsten dunst when she gets dressed with the lights on. i guess i incorporate something different from each of those people, in addition to pulling from a bunch of other sources of inspiration. and for all of them, it's not so much what they wear as it how they wear it, they were/are all women who are more or less very savvy about what works for them and their body and their coloring and i think that's one of the most important parts of developing your own style. and as far as how much they influence my wardrobe, i wouldn't say too much. if i do get an idea from an outfit i see one of those ladies wearing, it's usually something vague, like the combination of certain colors or the cut of a coat that i think would work well on me.

I guess my choices would have to be Anna Karina, Audrey Hepburn, Jane Birkin (more for her hair than anything else), Francoise Hardy, Sofia Coppola, Chloe Sevigny, Zooey Deschanel, Kirsten Dunst, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Lou Doillon and Clemence Poesy.
These are my main choices, but some of the people I haven't mentioned have/had a personal style that I love, but it doesn't fit into my own personal style. The choices I picked more or less wore/wear things or individual pieces that I could pair with my own clothing and it looks like me as opposed to me trying to look like someone else.
Lou doesn't necessarily fall into that category, but I appreciate her personal style and her perspective on personal style, something I like is a lot more important than trying to look trendy or safe or like everybody else. What I also appreciate about some people's style besides how the clothing fits properly is how they carry themselves in the clothing and the fact that they dress to please themselves and not other people.
I also have to mention that I give no importance to how original ones' look may or may not be. I choose style icons according to how well they know themselves and their own taste, even though obviously I have to choose people whose personal taste/style I actually like.

I have sooo many:
  • Valentine Fillol Cordier
  • Sofia Coppola
  • Kerry Washington
  • Jane Birkin
  • Anna Karina
  • Kate Bosworth
  • Rachel Bilson
  • Zooey Deschanel
  • Helena Bonham Carter
  • Kirsten Dunst
  • Clémence Poésy
  • Marion Cotillard
  • Milla Jovovich
  • Ludivine Sagnier
  • Evan Rachel Wood
  • Michelle Williams
  • Elizabeth Taylor
  • Rinko Kikuchi
  • Françoise Hardy
  • Ingrid Bergman
  • Eva Green

Last edited by a moderator:
One style icon of mine is my sister, if she's wearing something i hate i know i'll love it within a few months :smile:

Audrey Hepburn she was special. I love her style. She wore clothes not other way around. And she was delightful person. I look up for her! Audrey has done couple of my all time favourite movies!!!
Elizabeth Taylor. She had amazing style and she was absolutely beautifull. Also love her movies.

I like more past time style icons.
but for nowdays i adore Keira Knightley, i like her grunge-ish style, she wears what she want´s and she is master of layering. Ashley Olsen, she has absolutely amazing style. Eva Green, she can wear anything and look amazing.I like the gothic feeling of her style.

I have also a friend, who can wear anything, she has amazing wardrobe and her home looks like a store...i can´t even go there because i start feel bad. hahha.

perhaps Anni Albers of the past for me :angel:
albersanniaa9213tb2.jpg

bauhaus.de

Since she is a woman it's a little difficult
example: i can't wear a skirt
But in general the mood
It has an intelligent, studious and scientist like
A tad serious, which I'm changing through colour (she often combines black)

Also mr. colin craven in The Secret Garden ^_^
I wouldn't dress like him at all
(he's the invalid)
but I just like the mood
You can tell in the film when you watch it, he wears a different palette compared to the rest of the characterss... Kind of Geraldine McEwan starring as Jane Marple in the Jane Marple series, if you've seen... very subdued and almost unseen, weak as it is

ashley olsen
jane birkin
carine roitfeld
emmaunelle alt
marliyn monroe
agnyess deyn
kate moss

Rather than the being inspired by the specifics of another's personal style, I am more inspired by the ease, sensuality, elegance and/or glow emitted from within that particular person. One can be wearing the pieces du jour but look so incredibly contrived and restricted. It is so unbearably obvious, too; almost embarrassing, rly.

Only few modern-day 'celebrities' truly have personal style. It is immediately recognizable too. Many French actresses and Maggie Chung instantly pop into my mind. However, so many 'celebs' are the work of stylists and/or clones of one another.

It is the ladies and men of the past who truly hold the key to my heart.... :heart:
- Amelia Earhart
- Lee Miller
- Anouck Aimee
- Elisabeth Bergner
- Zora Neale Hurston
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Greta Garbo
- Renee Perle
- Charlie Chaplan
- Monty Clift
- Humphrey Bogart

Artists, Musicians (Punk & New Wave, esp.), Stylists, Poets, and everyday people send chills, too... And faceless elements such as the composition of a photo, the manner in which a metal structure ebbs over time, art work, fabric , and so many other aspects, rly... :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to be my own icon. I also love Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, Faye Dunaway in Bonnie and Clyde and Margherita Missoni.

i find it mind boggling that we didn't already have this thread...

but i guess we have threads on 'your style inspiration'..which could be absolutely anything...

not so much about actual people who are inspiring to you...
:P

kate moss and everyone else. but mostly kate moss.

BB,anita pallenberg, kate moss,sienna miller, milla jovovich,glam rock stars,.... it's more like they are inspiration. i like boho style... nothing too provocative, but feminine. there are many french women that have an amazing style, like emanuelle beart, but i cannot even dare to spell their names...
moulin rouge is an amazing inspiration, very feminine,lace and satin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->