How do people in your town dress?

In my town, it's definitely very casual, borderline frumpy in some cases. For many people, it's all about comfort, so it's a North Face, a pair of jeans, and then either flip-flops, trainers, or Uggs. There are a lot of people who do "thrift store chic" and I don't mean in a good way, and then there are people who are the slaves to the trends but don't do them well. A lot of people have a pseudo skater/surfer/punk look, and the emo look really took hold when I was a high school senior. There are very few people who do a nice put-together look, and those who do get positive attention.

The majority of people where I live are either Chavs or total hippies (as in the long haired, no washing, tie dyed hemp trousers type), so they dress accordingly

Chicago has about every group you can imagine. Some include:

1. Teen girls with logo Gucci/Coach/LV purses, UGG boots (winter) or gladiator sandals (summer), north face giant logo down coats (winter) or leggings with baggy shirts (summer)
2. "Gangsta" guys with baggy jeans and GIANT embroidered jackets with black trainers
3. Business types with suits, messenger bags, and often ugly/chunky dress shoes
4. Young or not so young girls with tight baby phat jeans and tight low-cut tops that are always incredibly unflattering and disturbing :sick:; these girls love their Coach bags and logo sneakers too
5. Trendier girls with dark jeans and heels, non-logo purses, beautiful trench coats, etc.
6. Emo/scene kids with black hair, tight jeans, Vans/Keds, brightly colored jackets

Are Uggs seriously still in in London? Up where I live they had their moment (of course they weren't real Uggs) but now people have stopped wearing them completely it seems. . Not that I'm complaining whatsoever.

Well, they are round where I live, they are dying off a bit - but I bet in winter they will be back :rolleyes:

leggings as trousers teamed with flat shoes,
jack wills hoodies, tees & bags etc.
im sure theres more but this is what i see alot of on a daily basis :(

Snap, Jack Wills is far too expensive and boring, I can't be bothered with it.

Many people wear the sari , another traditional dress is the salwaar kameez which is a long tunic and pants with a long stole. Colours range from vibrant to neon.
Since Bombay is much more cosmopolitan than other cities in India many wear dresses, skirts which is not that prevalent in other cities.
Alot of luxury boutiques are in Bombay including Lanvin, Gucci and Fendi

people in rio dress as safe as it gets. denim trousers (or skirts), colourful top with a long necklace, converses or flats in all colours. if i wear TIGHTS in rio, i get looks. don't even think about high-waisted either (which i wear practically every day when in london)

but that doesn't mean they're not vain. as casual as they are, every millimeter has been thought of and their hair and nails are always flawless... i suppose the year-long good weather and beach culture influence the way they dress a lot. it's very care-free

i'm from new jersey.
the guido/guidette look is popular: bebe. solo pants, armani exchange, guess, marciano, etc.

but in my town and towns near me in general, not many people dress up unfortunately, not even just dress up but its the usual basic tee and jeans and some cute flats or sandals

it's hard to look put together sometimes n not be called "overly dressy"

In Sydney its your usual hipsters or the over the top vintage

plus there's you have the ladettes and the new trend in town is JEGGINGS!

Oh the horror to my eyes!

I've noticed recently that "gangsta" looking guys have been wearing boat shoes/mocassins like these:

SperryTopSiderShoes-ESQ-JetSetter-fb-5460967.jpg

esquire.com

Baggy clothes and those... It's the weirdest mix!

the girls wear uggs and je-ggins jean legging hybrids *yuck*, everything with leggings and tights, primark (really cheap uk brand) lots of juicy couture and they think they look good which is the saddest thing...... on the other hand the kids who wear vintage all the time and look preety good tbh

My school, um.... preppy/American Eagle, TNA, cheap high street $h!t, hip-hop/gangster. My town is very sloppy, jeans, tank top, t-shirts, frumpy people all around.

I am guilty of wearing leggings as pants, cuz they are just damn comfortable and convinient (there is my 2 Cs). I am also guilty of Birkenstock shoes, cuz they are damn good quality, I swear. Other than that, I consider myself v. different and much more stylish than most ppl around me.

I've noticed recently that "gangsta" looking guys have been wearing boat shoes/mocassins like these:

esquire.com

Baggy clothes and those... It's the weirdest mix!

That certainly sounds bizarre :huh: I have only ever seen them with a preppy look. You need to take a streetstyle pic for us B)

One word: peasant-chic :ninja:

Seriously... I live in a village full of farms, cows and ... well, trees (That's probably the stereotype of an Austrian "town" :P) and you have to be happy when the people here actually wear something else than some pinafore-dress.

Well living in a beach town you get shoots as this... the girls were happy to be pictured...
its such a casual way to leave the beach... ^_^
b_style12thS01.jpg

90% of the people my age here wear scene/emo type clothes still. Dark skinny jeans, sneakers, tight t-shirts, weird hair. The other 10% are into plaid shirts and leggings. There is no variety at all, I swear. It's so boring.

I think those old men who made me miss a lot my grandfather and asked me to be taken a picture deserve this not just cause they look and have an style themselves but how they made this town grow up from nowhere... i talked a bit with one of them in English who was sent to London, Liverpool and other places when it was a big industry...
I love the red powerful shirt and the blue shoes combination...
who did say old people lose style?? no way!!

peoplefrommycity01.jpg

I surprisingly found this tshirt close to my parents! Got shocked i had to ask to the guy to take a picture!!

tshirt001.jpg

note why the surprise... you think people is into culture numbness then you get this round the corner...:D
kurt-cobain03.jpg

tvguide.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->