How do people in your town dress?

Great pictures, ediewho!
I love how those old men are dressed :D

One word: practically. Most people here don't know what designer means, as long as they can walk into a public establishment and be legally considered "clothed", it's fair game.

If you go farther into town (45 minutes) you get more variety. I'm not at all bad-mouthing small southern towns, I grew up in one and I love the fresh air and I feel at home in that environment, but it's true that the approach to fashion is a very simple one. :wink:

Most of the people here wear a wannabe-Japanese-but-fail-badly look.

Most ppl in my area dress awfully but i know i will have to live with that... Yuck...

In Copenhagen most of the fashion interested people dress in a mix of rock chick and boho - it has almost become a uniform :blink:

In general many people are quite conscious about what they are wearing and limited editions and "unique" items are very popular - then it doesn't matter if the result - the entire outfit is like all the other's.

Most often people wear the volume in the tops - loose t-shirts (Alexander Wang, James Perse, AA are popular brands) over leggings (for example of leather, denim or sequins). The look is finished with either a boyfriend blazer, leather jacket, or a (vintage) sequin or uniform jacket and a lot of bangles or leather bracelets. Most popular shoes are either some kind of biker boots or ballet flats, preferably with studs. To soften leather and studs powder color and liberty prints have been quite popular.

imagehandler.ashx
imagehandler.ashx
imagehandler.ashx
imagehandler.ashx

all pics by eurowoman.dk

98 % of them are dressed Garbagely & Awfuly,2 % of them are dressed good and quality!!!

Zarina, you have no idea how lucky you are to live in a more fashion-conscious city!

^It is of course better than if everybody is wearing a track suit, but it would be nice if people would have a bit more personal style instead of just copying the fashion magazines.

I live in an industrial town on the coast of Queensland, Australia. The style is a mix between surf and street. It’s very laid back and carefree. Popular brands are Billabong, Rusty etc, and all the girls seem to love Supre.

I noticed lately that early young girl teenagers wear those kind of big sport white boots and lot sof long vest... yesterday ive seen lots of copycats of this look ...it was weird...hahah... i had not my cam with me to show the boots at least or know who was the brand properly...:huh:

Awful, absolutely awful. I'd say for every 100 people there's like, 1 dressed well. It's sad.

i live in cologne and i think most dress pretty well, as we have lots of students and artists..it depends on where exactly you are but i always see some really good outfits

I think quite well. It's definetly a city where you literally wear your designer label on your sleeve.I've certainly seen an improvement in the year since I got here.Jack Wills has just opened here (Great :heart: but now it'll be everywhere) and Hollister is due to open it's first UK store here in a few weeks so that'll pop up a lot more. But I think it's a relatively stylish city. I've even seen one woman wearing a TFS tee-shirt :D

Let's see.. I live in Norway (drammen, to be exact), which, no offence, is a country about 5 years behind every single trend. And when a trend actually reaches, they strech it out so much that about 85 % of the girls wear that trend. Not even funny! :shock:
I do admit that Oslo is a bit better, maybe.. If you go to a certain place in Oslo, you can find very well dressed people, but in my oppinion, it is unfortunately a bit rare.

I'm actually from Iceland though, and I have to admit that I just love the way they dress there! Experimenting and daring.

Probably 80% are too afraid too take risks and just dress like anyone else. 15% are just pretentious bros. Only about 5% know what they are doing.

A large percentage of the population dresses very well even if they just want to go to the market. I especially love old ladies with their perfect coiffed hair.
No one would ever dare go out wearing their pajamas and I think that's a good thing.

I live in Hollywood- land of platinum blonds, scathing mini dresses, leggings, and Ed Hardy shirts :yuk:

^It is of course better than if everybody is wearing a track suit, but it would be nice if people would have a bit more personal style instead of just copying the fashion magazines.
Århus is exactly the same, just much much dressier... I thought people in CPH looked quite relaxed and not over-dressed like some girls in Århus tend to be :ninja: And I think the girls in Århus look more alike. You almost can't tell them apart because all of them basically wear the same outfit. I like that there is a bit more individuality going on in CPH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->