How do people in your town dress?

Århus is exactly the same, just much much dressier... I thought people in CPH looked quite relaxed and not over-dressed like some girls in Århus tend to be :ninja: And I think the girls in Århus look more alike. You almost can't tell them apart because all of them basically wear the same outfit. I like that there is a bit more individuality going on in CPH.

There are some individual dressing people in Copenhagen, but there is still a very big crowd of people who look exactly the way I described.

There are some individual dressing people in Copenhagen, but there is still a very big crowd of people who look exactly the way I described.
You are 100% right. It's like an army of wannabe Emanuelle Alt robots...plus some liberty print :lol:

You are 100% right. It's like an army of wannabe Emanuelle Alt robots...plus some liberty print :lol:

Exactly. I didn't know who was Emmanuelle Alt, but a Google pic search confirms that she is THE style icon for 95% of Danish fashionistas and fashion bloggers. Just add a powder scarf or some liberty buttons :lol:

Exactly. I didn't know who was Emmanuelle Alt, but a Google pic search confirms that she is THE style icon for 95% of Danish fashionistas and fashion bloggers. Just add a powder scarf or some liberty buttons :lol:
Well, now you know the source of all this evil :lol:

^ Still seems pretty good to me ... Crocs are a major accessory class around here :lol: I just saw a woman wearing these horribly worn-in printed flipflops, and I wanted to stop her and ask if she realized just how bad they were for her feet :lol:

^here,here. crocs,aeropostale,hollister,grungy hicky hunting gear,archaic hip-hop looks....no source for inspiration. actually i take that back....it does inspire one to want to runaway :wink:

^ :lol:
In Montreal... it's a pretty diverse crowd. There are those rare ones who seem pretty serious about fashion who usually dress head to toe black-grey in designer labels, the American Apparel-Urban Outfitters hipsters, the slackers (ill-fitting jeans and sweater everyday), those who look like they've come straight out of a mall and have succumbed to most overdone trends (thanks to Simons and H&M and now, Forever 21), the Chinatown crowd who only dress in Japanese/Chinese labels, the hippie-granos (recycled, organic),... like I said, it's quite diverse because of the multicultural aspect of the city.

Thankfully the Ed Hardy fans are less and less apparent these days...

usually jeans t- shirts, or track suits, nothing fancy unless we are working not many designer labels other than hilfiger aber, cK

I live in ibiza 7 months of the year, lots of hippie fashion around here....also you get the jet-set people with great designer pieces, also Ed Hardy is quite popular around here, then you have the club-people, lots of color and crazy stuff.....I have to say really mixed, you see abit of everything around here

sydney.....

guys wear tight skinny jeans, boardies, or denim shorts.. paired with either a t-shirt, or a singlet if they are near the beach..

girls wear leggings as pants... dresses.... still rocking the gladiator sandals...or just some lame cami and jean ensemble....and if its hot they pair it with overseas sunnies

when going out at night... guys will rock either skinny leg jeans, or straight, collared shirts... and nearly every single girl will wear a cheap tight fitting dress that is bieng pulled down every moment because it keeps riding up, worn with really high heels and their boobs on display.

Belgrade capital of Serbia
whenever i talk to someone from abroad, i explain to them that there are 2 different serbias and 2 different Belgrades
the first one is my town, my city, my people, we like various types of music, techno, pop, rock, we read books, well we do what any european people do... girls wear trendy stuff as well as vintage, i will post picsa of my friends later, so u can see that it's same in this belgrade as in erlin, London,etc...

as for the 'other' Belgrade... it is under bad bad baaaad influence of a phenomena called turbo folk... i will not write a lot about it, but here are pics of women who represent this world, so u can see why i say that Belgrade is divided. so is Serbia.
It is v. interesting, if u would like to know more, pm me, so i can give you more links.

this is the 'other' Belgrade, the one im not in...its plastic disaster...
svet.rs

Wisconsin ~
Since I'm a college student on campus a lot of people dress for comfort...you tend to see a lot of uggs. :sick: I can't stand them! Also hoodies and scarves paired with uggs
But other than that, I think my campus is pretty well dressed. I've seen a lot of women wear flat boots that aren't uggs, and some of them are adorable!
I have a black pair of black, slouchy, suede, flat boots, and I wear them all the time. :smile: It's pretty much a mix of different things here.

Some men here dress well too, quite a bit wear pea coats, I've seen one man in a tux (that's rare).

Every second person is wearing Hollister and/or Jack Wills here. Scotland is so original..

:rolleyes::innocent:

Tokyo have all sorts, from the crazy to prim and proper, costumey, American trad style, conservative, original Japanese mix and match etc. there was a post where someone said Saint Laurent Paris is very popular here in Tokyo because 'Japanese are crazy', well, maybe, but it certainly isn't the only or even the major style here. Maybe one thing in common is that Japanese generally are pretty good at layering...

I live in a small town in the UK and find that most people here dress in one style, mostly leggings (often not as opaque as they ought to be!) with strappy tops and anything from Primark. Most people look quite scruffy during the day, in hoodies and fake UGGs but then when they go out at night, they get dressed up to the extreme in half a dress with very thick makeup.

I should add that I'm not one of these people!
Posted via Mobile Device

I live in Dubai and its a mix because you have the locals, the expats and the tourists. All the locals/wannabe locals wear the traditional dish dash or abaya. Most of the expats wear pretty normal clothes, from zara, h&m, topshop etc. Dubai isnt as bad as some other places in the region but you still have to be on the conservative side and most people get that message. with the exception of some (mostly) russian tourists who wear the most vulgar and revealing clothes. Most people dont go over the top and ive only seen 1 person wearing grunge/goth clothing the whole time ive lived here.

Tokyo have all sorts, from the crazy to prim and proper, costumey, American trad style, conservative, original Japanese mix and match etc. there was a post where someone said Saint Laurent Paris is very popular here in Tokyo because 'Japanese are crazy', well, maybe, but it certainly isn't the only or even the major style here. Maybe one thing in common is that Japanese generally are pretty good at layering...

You know, I think that was my post, and if so, it has been misunderstood.

The context was a discussion of Suzy's review of the most recent SL show, where (after an apparent desperate search for positive things to say) she wrote that following the show, Saint Laurent had reportedly become most requested in Japan, or something to that effect.

This was interpreted by some as a ringing endorsement. I pointed out that perhaps it was more an indication of an atypical consumer culture in that country, which I said 'borders on the insane.' But I haven't heard anything yet to rival the Dutch tulip mania of some centuries ago ...

With regard to how people dress here, I think I may have trained myself not to notice, as I like to focus on the positive. I do remember noticing in recent years a very large number of ill-fitting grey slacks on women.

With regard to how people dress here, I think I may have trained myself not to notice, as I like to focus on the positive.

When I see someone well dressed I practically stop and turn to stare:shock:Tells you something about how seldom it happens:lol: Otherwise I tend to not look at people either. Stavanger (Norway) isn't a town you go "people watching" in.

9 months out of the year people wear warm lumpy boots and lumpy coats. There is a lot "sporty" clothes, like trainers, shell jackets and running tights. I've forgotten what people wear when it is hot. It has been so long...:unsure:

Or they are "fashionable" and wear Canada Goose parkas (I swear, everyone in my class at uni has one!), Acne Pistol boots and skinnyjeans. There is also one girl at my uni with ombre hair. one. Everyone else are blonde and looks exactly the same. It is not my fault I can't remember their names:innocent:

Hardly anyone wears heels.Cobblestone:angry:

Generally people don't care:/ Thats my impression at least.

Fashionable vs. normal.
(Canada-goose.com, woman.no)

Attachments

• 4565M_Black.jpg
    4565M_Black.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 8a95d02f4fe1467891c027466ccdcadb-1-original-380-500.jpg
    8a95d02f4fe1467891c027466ccdcadb-1-original-380-500.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads