Why Women Wear Boots, From A Female Perspective?

I live in Chicago and it gets rather cold here, so in order for me to still enjoy skirts in the winter, I choose to pair them with a nice boot.
The heel depends on the days activities, if I feel well... balanced.. I wear a stilleto ^_^

Originally posted by balacau@Mar 27th, 2004 - 7:29 am
Both types, ankle, calf, knee, over-the-knee and thigh highs.
I am pretty sure that the only women who wear thigh high boots are prostetutes and hookers!

Originally posted by neonpinkstains+Mar 28th, 2004 - 8:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neonpinkstains @ Mar 28th, 2004 - 8:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-balacau@Mar 27th, 2004 - 7:29 am
I am pretty sure that the only women who wear thigh high boots are prostetutes and hookers! [/b][/quote]
:shock:
I love over the knee boots, but as for thigh high ones, I don't have too many.
Anyway, I love these comfy Marni thigh high boots and I wear them a lot during cold days. hooker...?! :ninja:

Originally posted by MissPurple+Mar 28th, 2004 - 9:27 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MissPurple @ Mar 28th, 2004 - 9:27 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by neonpinkstains@Mar 28th, 2004 - 8:53 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-balacau
@Mar 27th, 2004 - 7:29 am

I am pretty sure that the only women who wear thigh high boots are prostetutes and hookers!
:shock:
I love over the knee boots, but as for thigh high ones, I don't have too many.
Anyway, I love these comfy Marni thigh high boots and I wear them a lot during cold days. hooker...?! :ninja: [/b][/quote]
Wow, they actually have nice thigh high boots? :o
I have seen many, and they always consist of 4+ inch platforms, and black plastic, or some other disaster of a material. :sick:

Originally posted by neonpinkstains@Mar 28th, 2004 - 10:20 pm

Wow, they actually have nice thigh high boots? :o
I have seen many, and they always consist of 4+ inch platforms, and black plastic, or some other disaster of a material. :sick:
yeah I know what you are saying, and I also always see those patent leather thigh high boots with horrible platforms :ninja:

Originally posted by Marlee@Mar 29th, 2004 - 12:03 am
misspurple those boots are beautiful!
thanks! yes they are beautiful, :heart: them. also super comfy and really keep me warm :P
I rarely wear flats but these are absolutely adorable (okay they are not really flats but almost :lol: )

A friend of mine wore a pair of these at a scifi convention I went to last year in the States. Unfortunately I dont have any pics of her lol, shes somewhat camera shy, but they really do look awesome, with a 1" platform and over 5" of heel. Very dominant looking I might add!!

How they stay up completely eludes me, but they did.

Originally posted by balacau@Mar 29th, 2004 - 2:41 pm
A friend of mine wore a pair of these at a scifi convention I went to last year in the States. Unfortunately I dont have any pics of her lol, shes somewhat camera shy, but they really do look awesome, with a 1" platform and over 5" of heel. Very dominant looking I might add!!

sweetie...i don't think that fallls under the heading of fashion...i think that's more costume/fetish...if you know what i mean... :wink:

They probably have a little silicone strip around the top. Holdup stockings have that. Godawfully uncomfortable, and if you miss a patch of leg hair when you are shaving, it will do an ad-hoc wax job for you. Eeeyowie! Then again, anyone wearing PVC boots isn't going in for comfort.

I knew a girl in the SciFi club I used to run with who had a great pair of thigh-high pirate boots with the deeply cuffed top. They were so cute and looked awesome on her. She's just a petite little thing with clouds of brown curls, and they just worked really well on her. They were a nice, soft, good quality suede. I think they may have been custom made. They had a flat rubber sole with 1/2" heels.

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 29th, 2004 - 8:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 29th, 2004 - 8:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-balacau@Mar 29th, 2004 - 2:41 pm

sweetie...i don't think that fallls under the heading of fashion...i think that's more costume/fetish...if you know what i mean... :wink: [/b][/quote]
^softgrey is right :unsure:
thats not considered fashion anymore.
its another category which im sure a lot of TFSers have a difficult time to relate to.

personally, i dont find these attractive. the only times ive seen these worn were by the drag queens in "bains douches", "palace" (in the oldern days), and "le queen". :doh: in paris :ninja:
so not my cuppa tea :flower:

Well I dont think those type of boots would be for walking around in public most of the time LoL.

Another friend in Texas bought a pair of over-knee boots from Victoria's Secret on some sort of special deal. Shes small built though, I think just under 5'1, so they look like thigh boots on her. 3" heel and a sort of suade material. I've seen a few pics but dont have permission to post, they really do look fantastic on her, and she isnt shy about wearing them in public (or work) either.

Some guys don't like thigh boots because prostitutes or hookers wear them but because they are sexy. No one who wants a long term relationship is interested in prostitutes or hookers in the slightest but wearing thigh boots doesn't make you a prostitute or hooker. I myself love the look, feel, and smell of boots rather they be knee high or thigh high. A woman I care a lot about is strong and sexy in a pair of thigh boots but I never thought of her as a prostitute or hooker. In my eyes she was a godess who could do what she wanted with me within reason as long as I was taken care of. She was a beautiful, intelligent, sexy, and sensitive woman. I guess wearing a doctor's coat or a airline pilot's uniform makes someone a doctor or a pilot.

Well this is a suprise, my first thread and its still here!

I re-read through all of the posts and its all very interesting stuff. And I dont only cringe at women running up and down flights of stairs either, but has anyone tried walking on blue ice with stilletos? :o I've seen it being tried..........with very predictable results.

Unfortunately I have lost touch with my friend in the States who wore those platform thigh boots so I cannt get her permission to post a picture :o

till a very interesting thread.

Thanks!

I wear boots in winter only... This season I bought 2 pairs of round toed, slightly chunky heeled boots. They are sort of Betty Boop like. :heart: so much fun!

I think boots are both fashion and necessity, I guess you could wear sneakers, but you'd risk getting wet by your feet. Stiletto heels are fashion, only...

neonpinkstains said:
you are pretty wrong about that. been watching "Pretty Woman" lately? :lol:

I personally believe this "hooker boot" association with thigh highs started because of the Pretty Woman movie.......

Well thats my theory anyway.

I wonder what happened to those boots after the movie :D

I guess Kelly Ripa and Katie Couric are prostitutes and hookers too. Although they were not to crazy about the boots they did wear them on their respective shows. I thought they looked great!

i love wearing boots and i'm no hussy! When i was younger and could wear really short skirts, i'd wear boots over the knee.

Why i wear boots: style and practicality.

i cannot cannot wear heels/pretty shoes/sandals b/c of back problems and the fact that i have to wear insoles. That leaves very little choice in my wardrobe for feminine/sexy outfits.

When i wear tall boots (now just below the knee/at the knee) with a short skirt or with a long skirt, i feel classy, sexy and feminine. Different boots and skirts give me different looks. It also goes perfectly with my own style.

If i could wear boots in summer, i totally would.
i live in Canada so 7-8months it's good weather for boots.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->