WSJ Magazine May 2019 : Rebecca Leigh Longendyke by Lachlan Bailey

Just beautiful, I won't even complain about her looking away from the camera because it just works on this unconventional but engrossing cover. Thank goodness for Barbieri!

so what is it?
I would consider WSJ. more of a lifestyle magazine for those with a luxurious taste. Not every issue is dedicated to fashion, although I do believe there are glimpses of fashion in every issue, I could be wrong. I’m not a subscriber so I’ve only seen the issues posted here and online, but there have been covers of WSJ. without models or celebrities or personalities, just landscapes.

Very beautiful scenery, but Rebecca looks like an afterthought here.

Is WSJ a fashion magazine though?

While WSJ Magazine is not a fashion magazine, this is one of the 8 fashion-themed issues they do per year. You'll find an above average amount of HF ads and more fashion content in the issue because it's being marketed as a fashion magazine.

Yet in the same breath, the magazine has always been known for these type of expansive nature covers because they tap into a newspaper with a large and affluent audience. That affords them more creative freedom than the Elles and Vogues. They don't need to have 'a cover or look that will sell', for lack of better words. Same applies to Sunday Times, Le Monde, Evening Standard, La Repubblica etc etc.

It’s a gorgeous shot...of a landscape. Rebecca’s presence can be easily overlooked or taken out of the picture.

Although we can't see very well what she's wearing, her cardigan caught my eye, it looks gorgeous. Excited to see Barbieri's styling.

So is this thread off-topic? They put that model in that landscape to discuss about finance?

Last edited:
So is this thread off-topic? They put that model in that landscape to discuss about finance?

Don't, lol. They're expanding the idea of fashion imagery instead of following what others are doing. Should be applauded, in fact.

Don't, lol. They're expanding the idea of fashion imagery instead of following what others are doing. Should be applauded, in fact.

Expanding? literally? Meaning taking pictures of expansive spaces like this landscape ruined by that ugly yellowish filter, right?

What a gorgeous cover, I always love it when they incorporate landscapes or architecture into them.

I take so much artistic inspiration from nature and natural beauty, so the wide vista with mountains in the background and the meadow with smaller human figure is quite beautiful.
I think it's a beautiful scenic and I rather like the editorial.
However, I agree with Perickles, the yellow filter brings it down, should have made that green more vibrant. It's Spring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miloradd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->