WWD to Launch Career Web Site

twin star

Reaction score
from WWD

Published: Wednesday, March 21, 2007
WWD to Launch Career Web Site
By Cate T. Corcoran

The Fairchild Fashion Group on Monday will launch fashioncareers.com, an online job site for the fashion industry.

The fashion group's publications — WWD, DNR and Foot*wear News — now have online versions of their print classified ads, which fashioncareers.com will replace. The new site will have more advanced search capacity, and job seekers will be able to upload their résumés. Employers may place print or online ads in the usual manner or do it themselves online. They will have the ability to see how many times an ad is viewed, save résumés, create company profiles and correspond with applicants through e-mail on the site. Both job seekers and those posting jobs can choose to remain anonymous.

"We wanted to create an experience that is more in line with what people have come to expect from the Internet," said Bill Andrulevich, general manager for the Fairchild Fashion Group. "A lot of it is the service to our customers and making sure they get the best return on their investment."

The site will be accessible to anyone. Posting a résumé or replying to an ad is free. An introductory offer will make it possible to post an online ad for seven days for $29 or 30 days for $59 in addition to the cost of the print ad. The smallest print ad costs $168 for one day. Today, it is not possible to post an online-only ad, but once the site launches, online-only ads will start at $399 for 30 days.

"The demographics for online skew a little more junior than the paper," added Andrulevich, so employers will reach a wider pool of qualified candidates.

The new site will be competitive with destinations such as Monster, CareerBuilder and Craigslist. However, because of its targeted focus on apparel and footwear, fashion companies that use it to advertise jobs should hear from a greater number of qualified applicants, he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds cool. I wish there was something like this for film! It'd be so much easier. :blush:

OH MY GOD!!!

this is SO long overdue!!
i am so happy to hear this news!!
it's a great idea and wwd is the perfect organization to do this!

yay!
:clap:...

^ Congratulations, kimberwyn! :D

I just graduated in December and the site might probably help me get an idea of what I'd like to do. :wink:

This sounds great! But why is it so expensive to post a job? Doesn't that seem like a lot of money, even for such a high circulation publication?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->