Summer Courses and Home/Online Study

thanks Lena I'm going to check out CSM right now. Also I have been trying to pm acid but I haven't been able to access the board for several days. Glad it's back up! (or maybe it was just me...? not sure).

anyway thanks!

Lena, CSM is EXACTLY what I wanted. Thank you soooo much for suggesting it. I really was looking for those industry/career type courses like how to develope a line, or fashion forcasting, etc etc that I can not easily get from a book. I am super pumped to go. I know it is nothing compared to a degree but it at least gives me the solid foundation that I feel I am lacking on the creative/analytical side of things.

thanks again! :smile:

Beata said:
i go to the academy of art univ. in san francisco and they offer online and summmer classes. i havent taken any of the online or summer ones yet but was actually thinking of taking some over the summer. the schools website is www.academyart.edu hope it helps :smile:

does anyone know about this site? I want to join to one of the fashion design courses but i dont know both how to join or what the price is.....:lol::flower:

Home study Fashion courses?

HI,
I got to ask the fashion pros...

I am an illustrator, but I dont know anything about fashion and I only need to learn how to draw clothing and accessories and mix and match them...I was looking for a book , but the sketches looks so dated...

then, I found this online course

Despite of the ugly website design, I fell in love with all sketches, and the details and it just looks awesome to me
http://www.fashioncampus.it/inglese%20Fashion%20School/FASHION%20DESIGN.htm ( you have to scrooll your page way down to see it)

The full course is $280..a bit expensive..​
and
for $90
they have a how to draw celebrity fashion book http://www.fashioncampus.it/inglese%20Fashion%20School/Celebrity%20Fashion.htm

Im just a beginner...what you guys think...​
is there any other book that would teach how to do skecthes like that...

or has anyone tried this fashioncampus before??/
any reviews?

thanks a loooooooot
:D

Summer Programs

I was wondering if any fashion schools in the northeast have good summer programs. I've never taken any design/fashion classes, nor do I know how to sew, so I'm looking for a beginners "learn fashion design" type of program, any suggestions?

I'm going to Pratt's summer program. High school and college students can take classes over the summer. The idea behind the high school program is that you get an idea of what freshman year will be like. You choose your elective, fashion design in my case, and take three "foundation" classes.

Hello!
I live in Paris so I could'nt help you for northeast schools, but if you look on their web sites maybe you'll know if they have summer sessions and which level you need to apply.

DEFINITELY check out Fashion Institute of Technology's Summer Live Program, which runs for three weeks in July , Monday to Thursday (9 30-12 30; 1 20-4 30) OR Saturday Live, which runs in the Fall and also in the Spring. :smile:
http://www.fitnyc.edu

Fashion Schools

New York:
Fashion Institute of Technology
Parsons fashion school

London:
London school of fashion
Saint Martins

Paris:
?

Milan:
?

Sydney:
Whitehouse

Harvard Summer School

Anybody going?

http://www.summer.harvard.edu/

I'm going next year, which is my last year of uni so I graduate one more semester after harvard summer school!!!:woot:

I find an elective I want to do:

CELT S-110 Introduction to Irish Myth and Folklore (31418) :heart:
Christian Ireland preserved and reshaped pagan myth and epic and native social structures and customs. Later Irish folk tradition reflects this complex inheritance. Students examine topics such as legends of goddesses and women saints; Ireland's sacred geography; deities, fairies, and heroes; and folk ritual.

(http://www.summer.harvard.edu/2006/courses/celt.jsp#s-110)

that sounds so so cool!!! I'm Irish and very into the history and culture, have been there once, but I was 8 years old so I don't remember a ton! I don't think that I can do a class like that b/c I'm only a high school student but thanks so much for the link, I've been looking for things like this!! It's too late to sign up for the high school summer prog. this year :( But hopefully next year I can do it..I don't know if my grades would be good enough though. I was freaking out to my parents yesterday about how I'll never get into a good enough college, because of how stupid my school is about scheduling and having enough AP's and stuff. Soo annoying..they didn't tell me that if I didn't start advanced math in 4th grade that it would screw me over now!!! I think I'm going to really buckle down and get straight A's next year (Jr. year) and do lots of clubs. I'll stop now because I'm rambling cause I'm stressed about college and only a sophomore. Oh boy.

Have fun doing the Celtic studies..I'm jealous!!

I'm looking at the site now and getting really excited, much incentive to do well in school next year.

Do you know how many courses you can take? I'm confused about the courses...Psychology looks really interesting and so does Intro to Acting..I love acting, but have never really done any because I'm shy at my school...maybe I should try to pursue that more..there are so many things I want to do my head is spinning!!

Ha! I went to Harvard Summer School between my junior and senior years of high school. It was SUCH a blast--to be 16 years old and no rules, no curfew! :woot:

Oh yeah, and the courses were great, too. I took an expository writing course, and did my final paper on Harvard graffiti. :lol:

We called it "Camp Harvard." Good times...

^ awesome!! I really really want to go after looking around the site!! tinuvielberen..how many courses can you take though? I think just 2 right? Looks like so much fun and I'd love to do the acting since there aren't really acting classes around my town!

Yup I cannot wait. I have saved up my money for this and will enjoy every bit!!!

I need a favour from the New Yorkers... or anyone.

Okay so here's the deal,

I am looking to head to New York this summer to take any type of beginners fashion program/course/class and willing to pay to stay there and everything. Basically I am looking for the type of experience you can only get in New York. Like a Summer class, you know? Sometimes they have requirements like over the age of such and such. I am 17 so if anyone knows of ANYTHING like this going on in New York this summer I would be thrilled if you would share the details as I have been google-ing all day everyday for a week and havent found anything.

Thank you thank you thank you!:flower:

Have you looked at Parson's or FIT summer classes?

I think the summer programs that these colleges/universities are offering are a little too advanced for me. I mean, I'm not the greatest artist.

^ never underestimate yourself sweet miss Electric :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->