Summer Courses and Home/Online Study

I've looked for an appropriate thread but this is the closest to what I was looking for (feel free to move this if you think it fits a better thread). I was looking for courses for this summer when I found one run by Sotheby's. Now I know it's a prestigious place but I was wondering if anyone knows about the courses that they run through Sotheby's Institute of Art? They have a two week summer study called The Art of Fashion. Ideally I would like to get a MA in Fashion History and Culture (or something similar) so this course piqued my interest. I'd like to get a little taste of what classes could be like if/when I go on to pursue this. Or at least some experiences working/learning about fashion history. But seeing as it's not a course where I'd get credit (but a certificate) I wonder if it's worth it or if it's just a ploy for money. Anyone know about other courses/experiences like this available over the summertime? Thanks a bunch! :flower:

Here's the synopsis for The Art of Fashion
While recent debates over "luxury" have dominated the discussion of art and fashion, this course looks at the historical, geopolitical, and practical aspects of these inter-related fields. Through a combination of lectures and visits to museums, fashion ateliers, and artist's studios, the course will reference historical examples from Modernist movements including the Bauhaus, to postmodern examples such as Pop and Op Art. Students will look at the current trend of collaborations between artists and major labels (such as Richard Prince and Takashi Murakami for Louis Vuitton and Zaha Hadid for Chanel), as well as designers such as Karl Lagerfeld and Tom Ford making works of art.
http://www.sothebysinstitute.com/Programmes/PNewyork/PNSummerStudy/Art-of-Fashion.aspx

Online Degrees

I was thinking about doing the associate degree fashion marketing program online through FIDM or FIT. I want a career as a buyer. I am not in the position to move to California or New York and I really wanted to study at one of these schools. Does anybody have any info on the acceptance of online degrees in the industry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Merged with the existing thread on this topic.

I would say there might be some information already in this thread, if you have time to read it.

Hi guys,

I know this is a super old thread so maybe this isn't the right place to ask this question but has anyone heard anything about the Conde Nast College of Fashion & Design (in London)'s Vogue Intensive Summer Course?

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them or had taken the course previously or was planning to this summer...So.. thanks!
:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->