Y-3

Originally posted by Johnny@Jun 25th, 2004 - 11:35 am
Thanks for the response softgrey, it's interesting. There appears to be a huge distribution chain in the UK for it, since it does appear in an awful lot of, as I say, provincial shops selling the likes of Paul Smith, D&G, Stone Island, Burberry, Armani Jeans etc. To my mind that seriously derogates from the concept, which I agree I was quite drawn to at the outset. It does also sell in some higher end places (Colette for example have loads of it) and the big dept stores. Of course now that I think of it, I really saying this with reference to the men's line. Female "chavs" aren't so big (as male chavs) here. The womanswear is accordingly better I think. I think this is true of the mainline collection too. Some of his mens stuff is BAD. V big, v baggy, and flashy. It veers on the - date I say it - Versace-esque! Two words - Elton John. The mainline is also quite bizarrely expensive, and quite conspicuously so sometimes. I bought a pair of the denim trainers with paint splattered on them a couple of seasons ago (before Y-3), but not so sure about them now. I've worn them out about three or four times, which works out at just under £100 a go! Sometimes, fashion makes you an idiot. But his womanswear I think is great.

Anyway, I've given up on Y-3 (and YY generally) for these reasons, but I did look through the link anyway, so thanks for posting.

To answer H's question, there seems to be some strange embargo on CDG mens' photos for AW 2004/5. Don't know why. Not on Vogue, GQ or any other online resource. JW is there sometimes, and previous seasons CDG also there, but not this seasons. Strange and frustrating.
Once again, I agree 100%. I think Y3 is flashy, useless and overpriced, and SO not Yamamoto!!! As a matter of fact, for some reason, YY boutique salespeople get fussy at any hint of association of YY and Y3. Weird. Anyway, your thread gave me an idea of a new thread (most overpriced designer!).

am i a ditz?..*.tosses hair to one side and purses lips*

i don't think i'm a ditz...but then if i were, wouldn't i be too ditzy to know it??!!?!... :huh:
blink...blink... :P

WINK***

softgrey, I'm sure faust didn't mean YOU were ditzy! That sex and fashion thread that you and Helena got going was certainly not ditzy!

Originally posted by Johnny@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:00 pm
softgrey, I'm sure faust didn't mean YOU were ditzy! That sex and fashion thread that you and Helena got going was certainly not ditzy!
haha...thx johnny... :woot:

it's odd to know that people are watching and reading without really making themselves known...
i tend to forget that... :flower:

Originally posted by helena@Jun 25th, 2004 - 9:51 am
why can't you access the CDG mens clothes like you can with the womens on Vogue? seems a pain for all you male CDG fans!!
It's hard to understand :-) There are "industry's" printed editions twice a year with photos from the shows. Junya is there, CdG women is there too, but not the CdG H+. Seems that no photographer was on the show:-)

Originally posted by faust@Jun 25th, 2004 - 5:42 pm
I hear you. Too many "look, what's <insert celebrity> wearing!" threads lately, no fashion :yuk: , which are turning the forum into a dits fest... Looking forward to the men's fashion week as well :flower:
ohh come on guys, tFS is only what we make it.
the usual celebrity/models topics, were always here and always will be.

Each FS area serves different needs, so dont give up
on our little designers & collections corner,
interesting topics pop up all the time :flower:

Lena i agree - wasn't moaning myself, so no offence intended.

Ngth, yuo may remember me saying some time ago that when i was in the CDG red shop in March they had a two-inch thich set of original photos of the menswear show on the cash desk, but it was whipped away from me (in traditional friendly comme style) in front of my eyes! So there were photos taken, they just seems not to have been distributed.

Originally posted by nqth+Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:07 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nqth @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:07 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-helena@Jun 25th, 2004 - 9:51 am
why can't you access the CDG mens clothes like you can with the womens on Vogue? seems a pain for all you male CDG fans!!
It's hard to understand :-) There are "industry's" printed editions twice a year with photos from the shows. Junya is there, CdG women is there too, but not the CdG H+. Seems that no photographer was on the show:-) [/b][/quote]
take heart, the style.com team is been rumoured to prepare a 'uomo' site based on the same idea.. so be patient :flower:

regarding coverage of the cdg H+ you laways need to keep in mind that some lines may be 'forbiden' to wider Press access due to internal label policies,
it only makes sense to me :P

Originally posted by Johnny@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:13 pm

Ngth, yuo may remember me saying some time ago that when i was in the CDG red shop in March they had a two-inch thich set of original photos of the menswear show on the cash desk, but it was whipped away from me (in traditional friendly comme style) in front of my eyes! So there were photos taken, they just seems not to have been distributed.

Oh yes. I remember that now:-) So must rely on you guys' shopping reports:-)

I really hope that they will not ban photos from their SS05 collection!

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 25th, 2004 - 11:52 am
am i a ditz?..*.tosses hair to one side and purses lips*

i don't think i'm a ditz...but then if i were, wouldn't i be too ditzy to know it??!!?!... :huh:
blink...blink... :P

WINK***
:lol: too funny!!!

hey im going to resurrect the thread...i just bought some cute white sneaker y3 boots from YOOX...how do they fit? true to size?

and what are your experiences with Y-3?

Y-3 has super cute shoes!! They're so hot.

I have a Y-3 tee, It's black and has a HUGE lime green Y-3 on it...I got it when I was 16 at Harrod's...What? I was into lime green and being flashy...

^Ha! nothing wrong with that! At least you had style when you were 16!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->