Y-3

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
up now on the adidas website.,..if anyone's ineterested...
mens and women's...

there's a pair of men's jeans with three stripes going down the back of one leg that i really like...

for your viewing pleasure... :flower:

http://www.adidas.com/us/framed/y-3.html

thanks, softgrey

I like what is called "suka-jan" as well.

Attachments

• y32.jpg
    y32.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 82
you're welcome...

those are indeed the jeans i was referring to...tiny photo... :P :flower:

hahaha...those photos are fairly useless...way too small... :blink: ...you could go blind trying to see those clothes... :P

Not a fan of this stuff really. I initially thought that Y-3 would be a good line for YY, but I think the results have been farily dissappointing. Also, softgrey, you're in NYC right? How is Y-3 marketed there? In the UK, it is generally worn by what might be called "chavs" or "neds", albeit ones with more than an average amount of disposable income. It is not, for want of a better word, "cool". IT's sort of the same in status as Armani Jeans, Evisu etc. It is sold in countless provincial stores. I think it appeals because it is essentially flashy, in the same way, but more so, as the mainline YY menswear line (although interesteingly not the Y's for men line), and it's cheaper. Ultimately I think it detracts from the YY brand, although I'm sure it doesn't detract from the company's balance sheet! Sorry, bit of a rant.

:woot: i had no idea Pressing does the Y3 & adidas Press , its my most fave Paris PR office, and the people there are only too sweet and efficient

I did not bothered with the Y3 link softgrey posted, just because i'm too scared of those instand full screen site views.. i work on multi wndows and i suffocate with full screens.. as for the clothes themselves, unfortunately i can't see much in such a tiny format :( I guess i'll need to way for the show well, well :P

*interesting input on Y3 UK consumer status Johnny, where have you been?
been missing your posts B)

Lena, I've been keeping watch! I suppose there's a little bit of a lull on the designers/collections front at the moment. I am looking forward to the menswear shops in the next few weeks (well the Paris ones anyway), and will no doubt have comments to make on those. Also looking forward to the new collections hitting the rails. Going to Paris for a few days at end of August to stock up! Still haven't seen any CDG photos for AW 4/5 but have a good feeling about it! Also, thinking that the Dior stuff looks good. By bank balance will, correspondingly, be loking bad!

Are you a fan of Y-3?

erhmm.. not really, Y3 has some cute pieces from time to time, but its not thilling for me

you should post MORE Johnny : )

HAHAHAHA my friend is modelling in those Y3 pics. :lol: :lol: :lol:

in the 8/13 pic. He's from Finland.

Johnny, this includes a few photos of the homme plus collection. (maybe this issue)

forgot to attach ↓

Attachments

• hf2.jpg
    hf2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1
Runner, I don't know if that was sopposed to be a link , but if it was, I can't open it. If it wasn't, where can you get that mag from? Thanks anyway. PS how are the HP clothes looking?

Originally posted by Johnny@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:19 am
Runner, I don't know if that was sopposed to be a link , but if it was, I can't open it. If it wasn't, where can you get that mag from? Thanks anyway. PS how are the HP clothes looking?
that is not definitely a link, just an image of the cover.
I can get the magazine anywhere. I don't know where you are, but are there any stores like Kinokuniya around?

e.g. short jkt with sarrouel pants...

The new ID magazine also has ONE picture from the CdG H+ AW show, and ONE from Junya as well :-)

It shows a jacket with wide collar in contrast colour and a white shirt, hehe. Can't see much.

Hope that the Arena H+ or Vogue will have more:-)

OK thanks both runner and ngth. I had seen the id photos actually, although they're not very revealing.

why can't you access the CDG mens clothes like you can with the womens on Vogue? seems a pain for all you male CDG fans!!

hi johnny...

to answer your question about Y-3 in NYC...i only know one person who wears Y-3...he's a still -life photographer...i don't think the 'chav' types over here have any idea who yohji or y-3 are...
is is sold in major dept stores alongside other major designer secondary lines...for example in sak fifth avenue it hangs next to D&G...it is also sold at a store called seven in the lower east side which is very fashion forward and carries things like margiela and bernhard wilhelm...

mostly though, i don't think it's really being marketed and only those in the know will really appreciate it and those people will probably be looking for it specifically...

i'm not sure it's selling very well...as i said, i don't know anyone who wears it...it's not really fashion enough or sporty enough...but somewhere in between...although i did think there were a few pieces form this collection that were stronger and i like the addition of swimwear...i just really like the concept, so i keep watching...

i guess the footwear is doing quite well :flower:

Thanks for the response softgrey, it's interesting. There appears to be a huge distribution chain in the UK for it, since it does appear in an awful lot of, as I say, provincial shops selling the likes of Paul Smith, D&G, Stone Island, Burberry, Armani Jeans etc. To my mind that seriously derogates from the concept, which I agree I was quite drawn to at the outset. It does also sell in some higher end places (Colette for example have loads of it) and the big dept stores. Of course now that I think of it, I really saying this with reference to the men's line. Female "chavs" aren't so big (as male chavs) here. The womanswear is accordingly better I think. I think this is true of the mainline collection too. Some of his mens stuff is BAD. V big, v baggy, and flashy. It veers on the - date I say it - Versace-esque! Two words - Elton John. The mainline is also quite bizarrely expensive, and quite conspicuously so sometimes. I bought a pair of the denim trainers with paint splattered on them a couple of seasons ago (before Y-3), but not so sure about them now. I've worn them out about three or four times, which works out at just under £100 a go! Sometimes, fashion makes you an idiot. But his womanswear I think is great.

Anyway, I've given up on Y-3 (and YY generally) for these reasons, but I did look through the link anyway, so thanks for posting.

To answer H's question, there seems to be some strange embargo on CDG mens' photos for AW 2004/5. Don't know why. Not on Vogue, GQ or any other online resource. JW is there sometimes, and previous seasons CDG also there, but not this seasons. Strange and frustrating.

Originally posted by Johnny@Jun 25th, 2004 - 4:40 am
Lena, I've been keeping watch! I suppose there's a little bit of a lull on the designers/collections front at the moment. I am looking forward to the menswear shops in the next few weeks (well the Paris ones anyway), and will no doubt have comments to make on those. Also looking forward to the new collections hitting the rails. Going to Paris for a few days at end of August to stock up! Still haven't seen any CDG photos for AW 4/5 but have a good feeling about it! Also, thinking that the Dior stuff looks good. By bank balance will, correspondingly, be loking bad!

Are you a fan of Y-3?
I hear you. Too many "look, what's <insert celebrity> wearing!" threads lately, no fashion :yuk: , which are turning the forum into a dits fest... Looking forward to the men's fashion week as well :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->