Yay or Nay - Hairstyles and colours #2

If you don't want to lose the length, do a disconnected hairstyle. It flows all in one, but is actually like 2. The top part is nicely layered and the bottom stays longer, but blends. It doesnt look like a mullet either, just lots of movement and framing for your face.

aw, thank you lostinemotion. i was getting a little worried due to the lack of response :cry:

and im pretty sure i know what youre talking about. so, karma for you! :flower:

haircolor ideas

So, I used to color my hair all the time. I have naturally dark hair, almost black but not quite there. I've had the subtle highlights, larger chunks, colored all my hair, etc. I've pretty much had everything done. I've had browns, blondish, reddish and very black tones in my hair. This was a while ago, when I chopped all my hair off after my high school prom. I was 18 then, and this went on for a couple of years. And it was fun.

But I'm 22 now, and I stopped coloring for I think 2 years now. And I'm bored, really. I want to do something with color to my hair. But the question is, what? I recently went to Canada on a trip and I saw some girls who wore the top half of their hair blond, and the bottom black. I'm not saying I love this, but I liked the idea, because it's different, and it's something we're not going to see in my country for at least another year (yup, we're very behind in hair/fashion/whatever trends). I don't really want to go the subtle, natural way. So pitch me some ideas, what are you seeing in haircolor your part of the world?

You could do something like the blonde/black idea, but instead do it with just one color. Do a lighter shade on top and gradually get darker at the bottom. I will look for some pictures.

Here are some pictures all from www.behindthechair.com
Not exaxtly the same idea but definatly not what you see everyday. There are lots more styles (traditional to avant garde) on that website if you go to hair or hair color and click on collections.

Hair by Marjorie Clarke

Hair by Tim Hartley

Hair by Mikko Horttana, Jason Yates, Woody Michleb

**edit** my pictures are not working!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I really like that! I specially like the second picture. And that is a great website. Thank you! :D

Suggesst new cut for me...

So I want to get my hair cut and colored.

I have curly hair. Thick. A little past my shoulders and I have side bangs. I have a dark brown color in it now.

I kinda want to do a rocker type look, probably shorter but I don't know if short would work with my curly thick hair. And my face is kinda big? so I don't know if a shorter cut would make it look fatter

Help!!

I like the cut of the girls hair in the first pic and the color in the second.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Oh yes here is a pic of me too:

Attachments

• bmegl089108.jpg
    bmegl089108.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 5
  • bmegl111241.jpg
    bmegl111241.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 099.jpg
    Picture 099.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Or should I just get those colors of the second pic in my hair I ABSOLUTELY love that look. And maybe that cut? What do ya'll think?

hey your really cute, i wouldn't change the hairstyle at all. all u need is some blonde type highlights and it'll look really hot!!!!!!

The third pic in my first post is me. The curly haired one. LOL I don't want you to get me confused with the other pretty girls I posted. LOL

:smile:

nah i think you're cuter then they are........the other girls have way too much make-up on, and your hair is better :wink: !

thanks! i didn't realize i received karma, until i stumbled onto my karma list...thanks, and hope it helped!

Hi Guys, I have naturally brown hair which i am going to dye blonde!!!! im really scared that it wont suit me though!!! I have blue eyes and fair skin, characteristics that suit blonde, though i am still very scared that I will look bad, has anyone got any opinions on this? or can any one reassure me?

this is what i currently look like , would blonde work?

Attachments

• me!!! copy.jpg
    me!!! copy.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 5
hmm I would say not to go blonde. If anything a different shade of brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->