Yoox #2

LOVEMYDREAMBOX worked for me and I just put the item in my Dreambox, Maybe they changed it?

Is anyone else having a problem logging into Yoox?Sometimes I'll try logging in an it says that there's a problem with my email and password. I ask to get my password sent to me and it says me email is not recognised :S

Other times I can log in fine?

it happens sometimes to me as well...
i usually wait a couple of hours and it works

Does it happen after you clicked a link to a specific item? In a forum or so.
If so, look at the bottom of the page; is it still the right country? It might have changed to the country the person posting the link lives in.
Your e-mail and password are country-specific

Hope that helps :smile:

Can anyone explain the system Yoox uses for markdowns? :flower:

It appears that returning an item results in a markdown. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm also wondering if demand for a particular label negatively affects markdowns.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think it's an evolving thing...
they are growing and changing and i don't know what they are currently doing, but i am pretty sure that returning doesn't result in a markown...
you probably just hit it at a weird time...
the markdown was either a coincidence or a human error in the warehouse...

this is markdown season, in general...
i've returned plenty of stuff and it stayed on there for ages before being marked down or selling at regular price...

another thing i see regularly is that they mark down and then repost the same item next season back at full price (or higher) *annoying*

that's all i know...

What I have seen is that every item I've returned, when it reappears, it's marked down.

I've also noticed that the exact same item could be listed twice, and priced differently. (There's a Lanvin skirt like this currently. Two listings, and one size is the same. No one's going to buy the higher-priced one while the lower-priced one is there ...) I'm sure there's a formula for the initial markup based on their cost ...

I am going to figure this out ... it cannot be random :lol:

Wondering if Yoox's Superstar program is new? Benefits include an extra 5% off when they are running promotions, supposedly a direct line to customer support, etc. I assume it's based on spending level, but they don't seem to communicate what that level is ...

^^^ Yoox is so funny.

Like softgrey mentioned, there are items there that are several seasons old that remain at regular pricing there LOL Who does that???

fashionista, you’ll go cazy trying to figure out their pricing system. I don’t think they have a system. They’re so random. I’ve always thought of them as a fun hunt: sometimes you luck out and find a great piece for a steal— whether that’s some system error with the pricing or just an amazing discount, so just snatch it up. Or, it’s so ridiculously overpriced for an item that’s several seasons old, it’s amusing just to see it.

I think more importantly, you need to be familiar with the designers to know what’s a steal and what’s a rip-off with their pricing. And, always take advantage of their HQ pic option so you can see all the details— because there are pieces that are so nasty when the details are revealed, I wouldn’t even want it if it was free. Don’t make purchases on your iPhone unless you're familiar with the label's quality-- or have had a good look on a bigger display.

Yeah, I think I've seen things on there for more than the original retail, which is just ... stunning. The prices on their 'just in' stuff are often jacked up sky high ... and you're right, it is amusing ... kind of. They also often have separate listings for the exact same item at vastly different prices ... I guess because of when they got each item.

I have sometimes had success with a label I don't know, but I agree, my favorite thing is to shop for designers I already know very well.

They also often show pix of items that are way too big for the model, so you can't assume those pix tell you anything about the fit ... but I am used to that problem!

^^^ Yeah— you need to be a seasoned high fashion expert to shop at Yoox!

For the uninitiated, it must be totally overwhelming to shop there. The different pricing for the same item is… funny. Even their system is so overwhelmed with how much inventory they have. I think that’s more of a common error with the women’s selection than men’s. I have seen it— and you know what…? My initial response was to check out the one with the higher price, just in case it was better somehow than the cheaper identical one LOL

It’s just not really worth it at this point for me to waste the (huge) amount of time combing through Yoox anymore. And to top it all of, since the CDN$ is worth sh*t next to the USD$, something that may seem a steal at $400 USD (which will be priced cheaper on the US site than the "Canadian" site) will be $600 USD due to duty— and that's before the conversion-rate and taxes. And shipping. So that $400 USD deal ends up being around $1,000 CDN during checkout for that “deal” LOL

I think it’s a good place to snatch up older pieces in unworn, new condition. But it’s really just also luck that they may have the older piece you’re looking for. And it’s so time-consuming!

Their January blow-outs can still be pretty amazing, though.

I had forgotten there were good deals in January--yay!

Since I have just a few favorite designers, it's great for that--especially if you really want the older vs newer merchandise :ninja:

There is some sort of flaw where a logged-out search reveals far more than a logged-in Premiere search. I was pretty annoyed about that ... and I still don't know why, just how to work around it.

Personally I don't find it difficult to navigate ... although I think they changed some of their categories, which makes it more difficult to find certain denim items. I do like the color search. I have used it to search for tops in my school color successfully :lol: If a search is too broad, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack ... but if you know which designers you want, it's much easier to look at what they have. In some cases, it's just a single page.

In one case with two identical items recently, one was final clearance & unreturnable. I don't believe in that kind of risk, so if I'd gotten it, it would have been the higher-priced one. I have gotten damaged goods from them before, so it's possible something really was wrong with the clearance one. I always, always, want to be able to return ...

I once saw them charging quadruple the msrp for a frickin' fossil brand wallet.... Maybe b/c it's a "rare" import outside the USA?

But, sometimes they sell costume national for next to nothing. I just ordered a cardigan from that designer at a wal-martesque price. Sometimes I think they have disgruntled employees who make "mistakes" with the pricing.

I will also say that it looks like Yooxmas has been very effective ... there isn't a single reasonably-priced item on my wish list that hasn't now been bought by me or someone else.

I will also say that it looks like Yooxmas has been very effective ... there isn't a single reasonably-priced item on my wish list that hasn't now been bought by me or someone else.

and the discount is even bigger if you buy with your mobile phone....

:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->