You know a trend is out when...

For me I know the trend is out when I read about it in magazine and other day I see a beautiful girl walking dow the street with that clothe. :smile:

when the Forever 21 crowd (of which I am admittedly sometimes still a part) can find it easily either on the website or in any of their stores!

For all the people saying "when it hits Forever 21" or something to that effect, I have to beg to differ. I feel like half the looks on the site are blatant knock off of looks from the fall shows!

you see 50 + year olds in skinny (more like fat) jeans...EEEEEEEWWWWW

Isn't constantly side-stepping the latest out-dated trends the same thing as being a slave to the trends?

Can't we just agree Heidi Montag Pratt is a hot mess, and what works for one may not work for another?

Lord knows those $180 vintage over the knee boots I bought only eight weeks ago will not be going to the Goodwill just because lookbook.nu 'dictates' their time is up.

Squarectomy, I completely agree with you. It's sad that fashion has become a game of commodities for some people. There are very creative, intelligent people in the fashion business that help broaden or our minds and make us rethink clothing and dressing, but people should still have a set of ideas that are their own. You don't have to wear leather just because it's "in." And you don't have to stow or throw away your boho dress just because it's out.

everyone is wearing it and it doen't look original...

Isn't constantly side-stepping the latest out-dated trends the same thing as being a slave to the trends?

Can't we just agree Heidi Montag Pratt is a hot mess, and what works for one may not work for another?

Lord knows those $180 vintage over the knee boots I bought only eight weeks ago will not be going to the Goodwill just because lookbook.nu 'dictates' their time is up.

Oh, I agree - it's quite easy to bash a trend once popular for whatever reason, but that logic of "oh, look everyone is wearing it!" (or honestly, even a handful of people) seems a bit backwards. If you're going to hate a trend, hate it because of its apperence, whether or not Urban Outfitters is selling it. Special snowflake syndrome is just as bad as the ones slaving for sameness. Otherwise we'd have nothing left to wear :lol:

Oh, I agree - it's quite easy to bash a trend once popular for whatever reason, but that logic of "oh, look everyone is wearing it!" (or honestly, even a handful of people) seems a bit backwards. If you're going to hate a trend, hate it because of its apperence, whether or not Urban Outfitters is selling it. Special snowflake syndrome is just as bad as the ones slaving for sameness. Otherwise we'd have nothing left to wear :lol:

Amen to that!

I always find that I don't notice trends because I tend to avoid the mall. There is nothing appealing about mall shopping for me - chain stores take trends and mass produce them to the point that the trend in question is no longer that interesting or appealing. And then the $400 floral dress you bought at the start of the season suddenly doesnt seem so appealing because a horrible cheap version of it exists. So ignore it all and just enjoy it.

Just take what you love and run with it - ignore what everyone else is wearying or saying and just do it if it makes you happy.

Agreed! I really don't care whether people are wearing what I'm wearing or not. I just wear what I like.

haha i completely agree about special snowflake syndrome! in the same way that people who brag about how their clothes only cost 50p are pretty much just as bad as people who brag about how expensive they were...

Excessive studs, crystals, pearls, and rhinestone embellishment is placed on anything and everything. It's like they just slap it on anything now to make it appear trendy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->