Your Magazine Cover Predictions & Speculations for 2019

Fran seems like a contender even if I'm not sure how many times she has been featured in the magazines. I think we might see Rianne again as she's a clear favourite at VP and Imaan has been featured quite a lot so I would not exclude her.
My wishes are Imaan, Birgit Kos and Othilia Simmons

I think we all are praying that Imaan finally gets gets her cover! Would totally also love to see Birgit & othilia.

I agree about Rianne too, I can also imagine Anna Ewers, Edie Campbell and Kaia will all recieve more covers.

I see Vogue Paris being Giselle x 5 times this year! Lol

Don't you dare! Lol.
As it is Alt is probably saving her for a quiet month. But I do think she'll show up at VO sometime this year.

I wonder if we'll see a Rosie Huntington-Whiteley cover from British Harper's Bazaar for March? We know how Bazaar love themselves a good Rosie cover and we haven't had one since... March 2018!

Since Brie Larson is weirdly absent from US Vogue, i wish that US Vogue does a “Women of Marvel” cover for the May issue to commemorate the last Avengers movie. Imagine Brie, Scarlett and Lupita on the cover together, that would be major.

I also expect a multi model cover for US Vogue since they usually do that in every 5 years (2004,2009,2014 with the exception of 2007 models cover).

And also Meghan Markle for the september issue for Us Vogue.

Since Brie Larson is weirdly absent from US Vogue, i wish that US Vogue does a “Women of Marvel” cover for the May issue to commemorate the last Avengers movie. Imagine Brie, Scarlett and Lupita on the cover together, that would be major.

I also expect a multi model cover for US Vogue since they usually do that in every 5 years (2004,2009,2014 with the exception of 2007 models cover).

And also Meghan Markle for the september issue for Us Vogue.
May should be the co-host of the Met Gala.

Not a prediction more of a wish. I’d love to see a Vogue US model group cover, with the likes of Adut, Vittoria, Grace E, Imaan, Bella, Kaia, Anok, Fran etc.

Very unrealistic I know but a boy can dream.

After this weekend with Tessa Thompson decked out in Chanel during Hollywood's biggest night/weekend, it's looking like she might very well be on the cusp of a Chanel contract or ambassadorship, (thus replacing Yara Shahidi? I have been thinking that Yara lost her contract and this Tessa and Chanel connection is another piece of evidence for my theory, because God forbid Chanel have two black biracial spokeswomen).

As such, while I still think a Tessa Vogue cover is a longshot/not happening now, not for MiB (also that movie comes out in June and I'm wondering if Anna has plans to do anything Tonys related for June, especially after this past NYFW :ninja:), if she lands a Chanel ambassadorship, that should definitely help Tessa seal the deal for a potentially high profile cover this summer.

Probably Elle or even VF since she's appeared on their multi-covers recently. At the very least InStyle or Marie Clare.

Speaking of Marie Clare, I imagine we'll see Kiki Layne and possibly Laura Harrier on their May fresh faces cover. Probably one of the stars from Crazy Rich Asians (Constance or Gemma maybe) too. Yara has a movie out this summer but she was already on Marie Clare last year. Yara may get Allure or maybe even Glamour, if they have a summer issue or something like that.

Lastly, with the Zendaya and Lancome ambassadorship announcement last week (not to mention her collection with Tommy Hilfiger coming out soon), I fully expect to see Zendaya on July's Vogue for Spiderman (again). I knew she was getting a cover last time for Spiderman but since I didn't say anything before it came out no one believed me :rolleyes: so I'm saying it now to make it official.

So we already had the Priyanka cover and Zendaya for July looks very likely, so I wonder which lucky WOC will get the last WOC slot this year :lol::rolleyes: since I don't think Anna will manage 4 WOC covers this year, unless she decides to follow Edward and give Rihanna the September cover...

^ You don't think we will get a Lupita cover this year, from Anna? No way would she pass on her. Rihanna for Sept would be something possible, if it wasn't for the fact Edward used her last year, so i don't think, either, Wintour would want to follow suit. But maybe Lupita gets Sept!

For September!?! But that's too big for her. Besides, definitely not a face I'd like to see on American Vogue this year. Lupita is way too overused.

But maybe Lupita gets Sept!

I'm not sure about it. In her september's editor letter Anna said (in less pretentious words) that she choose people with "big names" and "big projects" during the year/season. Considering what Taylor is doing with global Elle, I'm almost sure Anna is reserving her for september...

...or something worse: Katy Perry.

Btw, I think Gaga will get the may cover of Vogue considering her Oscar, the Met Gala and the second season of her Vegas residency (and there are rumors that she's gonna release new album this year).

Also, I guess a september cover of Harper's Bazaar with Lady Gaga styled by Carine (again) is coming.

^ I don't think that has been the case for Anna, for years now. I mean did Beyonce have a particular "project" last year for Sept? I don't think so, even if she is Beyonce. Even other covers, having something to promote is no longer the basis for Anna to give you the Vogue cover.

Gaga is not getting the Vogue cover this year, that would shock me. Serena on the other hand, sure!

Benn98 what do you mean too big for her? How? She is considered an A-list Oscar winning actress, AND a Fashion darling, with major brand ad campaigns $$$ behind her, of course she is big enough for Sept. But I don't know, was just speculating. At least Vogue always does Lupita justice.

I don't think that has been the case for Anna, for years now. I mean did Beyonce have a particular "project" last year for Sept?

Of course she had. She was in the middle of her tour with Jay Z and was one of the most successful of the year, also she was promoting "Everything is love" album. So, it makes sense. And if we talk about Beyonce's hype, is because she's Beyoncé. Same with Taylor Swift. We like it or not, they are the kind of big names that Anna Wintour wants for september.

I don't doubt she'll give Lupita a cover, but if we talk about the hype, the fanbase and even the followers, Beyoncé and Taylor are far away from Lupita and that's make her not a "good" option for september. Actually I prefer Lupita than Beyoncé and Taylor, and would be exceptional if she'll get the march or september cover, but I don't see it coming soon.

For example, she gave Alicia Vikander last year's march cover and was a total flop (I love Alicia but facts are facts), and I'm sure that's the reason she didn't put Brie Larson in the march cover this year and put the Biebers. And take a look at the last september covers: Lady Gaga, Kendall, Karlie Kloss, Cara Delevingne and Beyoncé and Jennifer Lawrence twice, all of them big names with big fan bases, big hype and million of followers.

Ps. I'm not saying that Lupita isn't a big name. Of course she's stunning, super talented and one of the most beloved actress in the industry but, I'm not sure that she guarantees the sells that Anna wants for september.

Last edited:
Speaking of Marie Clare, I imagine we'll see Kiki Layne and possibly Laura Harrier on their May fresh faces cover. Probably one of the stars from Crazy Rich Asians (Constance or Gemma maybe) too. Yara has a movie out this summer but she was already on Marie Clare last year. Yara may get Allure or maybe even Glamour, if they have a summer issue or something like that.

I would love to see Kiki on a cover soon, surprised she has not landed anything yet! If Beale Street... was an indie hit and she has been making some very good fashion choices on the red carpet this season.

^ You don't think we will get a Lupita cover this year, from Anna? No way would she pass on her. Rihanna for Sept would be something possible, if it wasn't for the fact Edward used her last year, so i don't think, either, Wintour would want to follow suit. But maybe Lupita gets Sept!

Well, no on Lupita. My reasoning lies in the fact that Anna gave all her pets/tokens covers last year - Lupita, Rihanna, Beyonce, Serena. I know that Anna has given covers to Lupita in consecutive years before. But this year, with the Priyanka cover and a possible Zendaya cover (which I think is very likely) she'll only need 1 more woman of color cover (since this has been Anna's M.O. the past few of years - 3 to 4 women of color on her magazine each year), which may go to Rihanna.

I was of the same mind as you regarding a Rihanna September cover this year and how Anna will look like an Edward copycat, dissuading her from giving Rihanna the cover. However, with a new album and if this Rihanna fashion line does materialize this year, I don't see how Anna doesn't give Rihanna September.

Now as for Lupita and September. I also think that's a non-starter. Not even Rihanna has managed the September cover (yet) and she's much bigger celeb than Lupita.

And I know people think my 'race/skin color talk' is the most CrIngEY thing ever. But I think the fact that Anna gave Lupita January for Black Panther, which we all knew would be a big movie and not March and gave Alicia March for a flop Tomb Raider reboot that no one asked for says it all. Anna's Lupita covers in particular are less of a celebration of Lupita and more of a yearly obligation for Anna to get her to that 3-4 WOC covers a year rule she seems to hold herself too (since other black actresses aren't good enough to land one of those 3-4 covers, apparently).

If Lupita has been such a good seller that she lands multiple covers, why didn't Anna reward her with March, the 2nd biggest cover of the year last year? If Anna won't give Lupita March, I doubt she'll give her September. Because Lupita's covers are just as much about Anna (if not more so) than they are about Lupita. At least at this point.

I would love to see Kiki on a cover soon, surprised she has not landed anything yet! If Beale Street... was an indie hit and she has been making some very good fashion choices on the red carpet this season.

If I'm not mistaken I do believe Kiki got one of those multiple W covers, celebrating last year's best films. While I don't think/am not sure she'll land any solo covers this year, I'll be very surprised if she doesn't at least land Marie Clare, not to mention any other multi-covers magazine editors might come up with this year.

Due to the april coverstar of Vogue Uk, Do you think that probably Beyoncé would got a cover this year? Maybe Vogue Uk or US again? I guess june or july considering the premiere of The Lion King. We all know the hype that Condé Nast has with disney movies, and maybe Eva Green will get one for Dumbo, april issue I guess?

And yes, I know I'm probably being delusional.

It's about time for Fran to start booking international Vogues now. She's big enough for that, not sure what's the delay?? Ideally, it should be VP, but I'll take Spanish or Vogue China too.
I also reckon Imaan is one step closer to getting her VP cover. Second edit actually styled by Alt, and in this one she clearly outshined Anna Ewers. Alt took some time to give Mica and Rianne theirs too, but they eventually got it. I'm convinced it will be this year. Sadly I think Adut will have to wait much longer because she doesn't even feature in VP. The rise and rise of Shanelle (industry favourite) and Anok (EL) is probably also making it challenging for her to dominate, which imo is good. She'll always have Vogue Australia though.
Also hoping for Liu Wen to book a non-Asian Vogue. This resurgence of her is impressive.

It's quite an interesting stage in the industry where no model other than Kendall, Gigi, and maybe Rebecca Leigh Longendyke is getting work handed to her 'just because.' The competition seems much fiercer, which makes things at least interesting because one simply cannot predict who will get a cover nowadays.

It's quite an interesting stage in the industry where no model other than Kendall, Gigi, and maybe Rebecca Leigh Longendyke is getting work handed to her 'just because.'

Can you explain this part for Rebecca?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->