designer Michiko Suzuki

Attachments

• 10030339268.jpg
    10030339268.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 10030339344.jpg
    10030339344.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 42
It gets better and better! Some pieces are very 80s, particularly the dresses, though it suits the adorable theme. The blk./wht. top is truly covetable. All of the headpieces are lovely too, def. favorites of mine.

What a lovely collection. She has a lot of promise...

Thanks, Buckwheat.. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
she hit her target dead on, 30-40 year old women. except for the strapless dresses I could see myself very comfortably in all of these. it's well thought out and flattering for a mature woman's body without being body conscious. even the black strapless dress is quite nice and I guess with the big boots it would work...

the styling is great as well, love the last look with the black and white oxfords. they set off the high waisted pants perfectly. I get a bit of a 1920's gangster feel to this.

too bad it is only available overseas...

^ Story of our lives, no? :cry:

I rly love that she is designing for women of a certain age. Usually when a designer says that the end result is a frumpy suit or irrelevant party dress. This is so cool. Definitely for a woman who is self-assured and incredibly stylish. Hell, I'm a baby and I'd gladly wear 90% of it... until my last days, infact...

:lol:

It reminds me quite a bit of Junya Watanabe..and I don't really agree that this has 'little to do' with the style of Yohji Yamamoto...I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me...

too bad it is only available overseas...

lucky, Red Label is readily available in the U.S., at least at the Yohji boutique in New York.
In fact, when I was there a month ago, they had just received a big shipment...there was little black label Y's or +Noir to be seen. :innocent:

Beautiful description runner, thank you for answering my question :smile:
God, I didn't actually notice there was Red label when I was skimming through the previous collections!
I think it's a very solid collection. I guess there is no Y's Red Label for Men, haha.

Thanks for the pics as well, Buckwheat. I was wondering what she looks like.

lucky, Red Label is readily available in the U.S., at least at the Yohji boutique in New York.
In fact, when I was there a month ago, they had just received a big shipment...there was little black label Y's or +Noir to be seen. :innocent:

that's great, I love to be wrong in this case. ^_^ I realize that I got it mixed up with a Junya line that the Comme store told me was available only in Japan.

:buzz:
This is insanely promising.....the dresses are gorgeous and I adore that black coat! :heart:

Thank you thank you for the pictures!

it looks really great...

it is such a relief to me that we have these new collections that we can add to what has historically been a very small group of designers catering to this market...

it gives me such hope for the future..
as i have begun to realize that the 'masters' and originators of this aesthetic...
yohji, rei and issey...are reaching retirement age...
i am so thankful that the legacy will be carried on and that they have each taken steps to insure this...

it cannot be a coincidence that all three are supporting and promoting designers from within their companies....
rather than sucking them dry and taking credit for their work....

**this goes far beyond selling clothes...
this is all so revolutionary in many ways...
and pure genius...
it would seem so obvious that nurturing talent is a good thing for everyone involved...
and yet so few companies think about the long-term , big picture...
probably because they are run by business-minded people rather than artistically-minded ones...(such a crying shame!)

just think about the loyalty it breeds!...
*til death do us part!*
:heart:...

wow, i cant wait to see the pieces in person. I love the white baggy high waisted shorts and the gorgeous dresses. Thanks for posting!

some more looks/different images

Attachments

• 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 04.jpg