Y's from Yohji Yamamoto inc S/S 2015

runner

Reaction score
again yohji yamamoto in the title is just there for your later search. but this Y's is by the design team.

images from fashionpress

Ys_2015SS_01.jpg

Ys_2015SS_05.jpg

Ys_2015SS_19.jpg

Ys_2015SS_22.jpg

Ys_2015SS_23.jpg

Ys_2015SS_27.jpg

thanks for all these images runner...

i find it all a bit confusing, to be honest...

not so crazy about the new birkenstock styles...
but i do love those last little sneakers which i think have studs?
:unsure:...

i confess that i like the last few images on the red haired model best...
though the pieces i seem to like don't really look like YY to me...
but more like something else...
ie- the black coat w. gold embellishment - reminds me of dvn...

i also find myself liking the dark denim...especially w. the large polka dots...
reminds me of the coming soon scarf i recently purchased...
i think it's chic and classic and also playful because of how large the dots are...

the last images for some reason make think of romeo gigli. i agree it is a bit disjointed....the first images clearly have that yohji aesthete but the latter part with the red-haired model not as much.

maybe it's confusing because at least two different Y's lines with different seasonal themes are mixed here. the main Y's "air force vintage" and Y's pink label "urban bohemien". and some of the footwear could be from another line that is kayo nakamura by Y's.

the birkens from last spring were instant collectors items because of the production trouble. they were supposed to be the first delivery of the season and the stores were going to have lots of them, but after all only a few of each color/style/size were delivered around the end of april. practically too scarce to be on store-display. they were only for few serious customers. but I guess you would not have liked them in person since they were rather branding heavy, which was not visible in the lookbook images.

yes the leather sneakers have studs, leather-soled, so they might call them shoes. the price is much higher than that of average YY femme shoes. so they could be a bit special.

AHHH~!

thanks for explaining runner!
those two collection themes are very clear now that you mention it...

and it makes sense that the military or "uniform" theme is what i associate more with the yohji aesthetic since that had been a long term source of inspiration for the man himself and his work...

urban bohemian is definitely what i think of from dries...
i like it...it just isn't what i expect from Y's or anything associated with yohji...

thanks for the info on the birks and the shoes...
i didn't realize there was such a problem with production!
:o
i do like the styles from last year but if you say they were branded, then i wouldn't like that, you're right...
however---
they did inspire me to pull out a pair of sandals i had for a long time and hardly wore...
i realised that they are sort of open toed tabi sandals and they work with the same looks that i would wear birks with...
i ended up wearing them quite a bit in the summer, so that's good...
i'll try to post a pic some time...
:P

interesting about the studded shoes...
makes sense...they do seem special...
:D

you are welcome softgrey
it might not have been impossible to paint it white though.
it was written in white on the black models btw.
I think it was somewhat different outside of japan and that they were available there with much less difficulty since YY inc should preferentially have delivered them to overseas retailers who had bought them, while most of the places that sell Y's over here are their own points of sale.

now SS2015 is up on their site and here is a bigger pic of the studs.

fashionpress
yohjiyamamoto.co.jp

Attachments

• ysbirken_03.jpg
    ysbirken_03.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 15SS_Ys_L_P-10[1].jpg
    15SS_Ys_L_P-10[1].jpg
    49 KB · Views: 3
thanks very much for the bigger pics!

oh my!
very prominent branding indeed...
and not very nicely done, imo...
just a name slapped on there...
i doubt you could cover that well...

:ninja:...

hmmm...interesting about the difference overseas, but i can see how that could happen...
anyway- as much as i like the white, white would be a dirty disaster in the city...
even if you could clean the rubber sole and platform, the footbed would be impossible to keep clean and look really bad in no time...

the studded shoes seem really great...
i hope to see a better pic of them eventually to see the details...
^_^...

i really like the 3rd look in post 5, with the cape...
it looks good all together like that, but each piece really stands well on its own, imo...
good stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->