YSL "Belle d’Opium" Fragrance : Mélanie Thierry by Mert & Marcus

it's nice but i don't like the idea of a flanker for Opium

let me guess

it'll be fruitier and lighter and sweeter than the original

^ I'd be shocked if you turned out to be wrong.

I get that this is a flanker and all, but it still seems strange to create two supposedly different fragrances and market them in such similar campaigns. It's like saying that they evoke the same thing, which kind of renders the flanker pointless.

according to the perfumer, she's been working on a narguilé accord for 4 years now, which is basically a waterpipe.

i doubt it'll be anywhere close to Ambre Narguilé and i'm in no hurry to get my pearls out in preparance to clutch them.

it's nice but i don't like the idea of a flanker for Opium

let me guess

it'll be fruitier and lighter and sweeter than the original

I guess L'Oreal has flankers plan for YSL ,, after Parisienne & this one , I guess a modern Kouros will be next ?!

& as it was mentioned about the juice description,,, it has a peach & mandarin accord plus the smoky accord & less spices from the original nectar.

what surprise me that this modern Opium image has the same image & background , outfit , make up , jewels of the 'old' Opium campaign with Karen Elson!

I mean in the 90's Yves had shown Linda in a black Le Smoking setting on a sofa for his Opium's campaign, & another shot in a bath robe!
while this 'modern' one looks more as a scene of 'Prince of Persia'!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess L'Oreal has flankers plan for YSL ,, after Parisienne & this one , I guess a modern Kouros will be next ?!

& as it was mentioned about the juice description,,, it has a peach & mandarin accord plus the smoky accord & less spices from the original nectar.

what surprise me that this modern Opium image has the same image & background , outfit , make up , jewels of the 'old' Opium campaign with Karen Elson!

I mean in the 90's Yves had shown Linda in a black Le Smoking setting on a sofa for his Opium's campaign, & another shot in a bath robe!
while this 'modern' one looks more as a scene of 'Prince of Persia'!

the difference i see between the ad campaign for Opium and Belle d'Opium is that this girl looks 'tamer' than Karen :lol: Karen looks more suggestive.

i also think that nowadays, people already incooperate more 'middle eastern' elements in their wardrobe. for me personally, this whole 'middle eastern princess' image works for me. it's a look that is desirable and that's the ultimate goal of an ad campaign (i hate the new bottle tho).

Parisienne was CRAP and should they produce a flanker of Kouros, it better not be a run of the mill masculine fragrance. i like me a little bit of civet on certain days...

She kinda looks like a hybrid of Natalia Vodianova/Ana Beatriz Barros there.

^ Absolutely! Oh this is superb. I love the ad so much! She is sexy and sultry, but still completely elegant.

Very beautiful and charismatic. I really like the vibe of this ad.
However, I'm not sure if this is the most effective way to promote the perfume segment.

The thread title is very confusing. Now it looks like it's shot by Melanie starring Yves Saint Laurent himself.
I like it. It has the same feel as Karen's Opium ad.
:lol: That's what a I first thought when I saw the title - good ad though

Photographed by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

opiumm.jpg

wwd.com

So.. could we change the title now? :P

The shot is so beautiful, Mélanie is really captivating in it :heart:

The way the light illuminates her wide-open lower half makes think that if I buy this perfume, my ladybits will turn into a torch. Because there would be moments when that would come in handy.

her leg looks unnatural but in spite of that it's a very sexy ad :smile:

Video ad

The dance is a sensual creation to bring alive today the mythic and fatal dance of Salomé. It features the woman as the source of addiction, showing what the viewer rarely sees: the texture of the skin, the breath, the tension. The film is directed by Romain Gavras. His incisive camera transcends the troubling femininity of the actress, oscillating constantly between childlike fragility and immense determination, control and abandon. Music for the new work is composed by Nitin Sawhney. Photography by Mert & Marcus.
Mélanie Thierry fan website

:huh: Meh... Nothing exciting about it. She looks more like a child playing around than a sensual dancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->