YSL Mascara S/S 2010 : Sigrid Agren

cul8tr

Reaction score

by me from zinio.com (Madame Figaro)

it would b in b&w, i would think it was by Helmut Newton for Vogue Paris, a model wearing YSL.

so this is just PERFECT.
* though not sure about it, yet.

I dont know. The idea seems nice but i dont know what to say. I'm not thrilled!

Ok it seems pretty odd. The knife, the huge eyes, I don't know, it's just rare. I don't quite like it. And sigrid didn't photograph that good, she's a lot prettier in other pictures (even when half of her face is hidden lol).

I suppose Sigrid represents 'tender youth' but she's far too girlish for me, I associate YSL with a sense of adult drama, expensive, seductive and deadly. But the knife isn't sharp enough - and nor is the woman. Save your Bambi eyes for someone else, and put that butter knife back where it belongs.

This is a YSL cosmetics ad with a knife, a serial killer's fantasy of Mondrian and Marie Helvin:

youtube.com/hillmarc

I suppose Sigrid represents 'tender youth' but she's far too girlish for me, I associate YSL with a sense of adult drama, expensive, seductive and deadly. But the knife isn't sharp enough - and nor is the woman. Save your Bambi eyes for someone else, and put that butter knife back where it belongs.

Exactly my thoughts....what the hell does that weak butternife do there - any knife, but not a butterknife....:ninja:

And then her stupid eyes...dear god.

Why does there have to be a new Sigrid for YSL Cosmetics ad popping up every 5 seconds?:rolleyes: Aside from the fact that she is in no way right for YSL, her eyes look like they were made in photoshop from scratch:shock:

Completely agree. Poor execution, this could have been so much better.

LOL, but I agree.

Also, the knife seems so random and out of place. They should've actually used it for some purpose instead of it just.. be there. This had potential, but ultimately failed.

Hmmm... it's ummm... I'm speechless. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

Wow, this ad is gorgeous, though maybe I'd have preferred it with normal lighting and just her being caught out checking her reflection in a knife?

I like the idea and composition but retouching is kinda... odd. in a bad way.
and c'mon!!!! Sigrid Agren does not reflect the campaign's mood at all. like someone mentioned above, she looks far too girlish. I would like to see a femme fatale here, not a sweet sweet girl.
plus the shape of a knife is ridiculous :rolleyes:

I do agree with u 100%,
However, the YSL dangerous women from 70's, 80's & 90's doesn't exist any more in the real world now, there are no more any Jerry Halle, Linda Evanglista, Yasmin Ghaudri, Titjana, even Lucie de la Falaise was a little young lady... those women are from our mothers genrations ,,, & I miss thier presense alot.

Sadly, I can't compare any model from the runway today to the ladies from the glory past, there are no ladies anymore ,,, only girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
^It has been like that, but in the very recent past, I do think models have started to have "longer model lives" again...there are more than a few who are past 22 or so. Naturally, being past 20 should generally help with adding adequate drama to an image...

Sigrid with her bambi-eyes is perfect for Mascara-advertising.:heart:

The ad is attention-grabbing for sure, and I get that the butter knife is being used as a haphazard mirror, but there's something a tad unsexy about the whole thing. I feel it might have benefited had they left her hair down in loose, glamorous waves instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->