Yves Saint Laurent Resort 2009

just figured out my post isn't very clear ...

the questions :
are we sure this is Pilati who's doing this ?
do the photos were taken the same day, under same stylist rules ?

I've just seen the official video, and this collection is indeed very good. Pilati is playing with softness and simplicity leading to sublime in such a beautiful way

This may actually be my favorite resort collection this season. :heart:

Nice, just not young. The jacket lengths are too classique and as a whole i'm a bit confused. Piece by piece they are surely desirable to some so I will say that.

Nice, just not young.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking looking at the suits. Middle-aged and old ladies in Italy wear pants like this, this is a classical cut and very common there. Sure they look very elegant, but I have never seen young girls sporting them. Could be because they have never been targeted until now.

just figured out my post isn't very clear ...

the questions :
are we sure this is Pilati who's doing this ?
do the photos were taken the same day, under same stylist rules ?

i totally get what you mean. i think it's, more than the styling, the rest of elements (make up, hair style, light, posing, photography...) that didn't work.
The photos were DEFINITELY not taken the same day (jsut my guess but hey! look at how different they are)... and it doesnt seem too surprising given that it's resort we are talking about, and chances are that it's being shown during different days to a long list of publications and critics and buyers etc

never underestimate any of the elements that are part of "the show"... i think this is one of the best examples i've ever seen!

I really love some the evening/cocktail looks. The black dresses are drop dead gorge and I always adore reinterpretation of le smoking...

hmmm i like some of it and some i do not.... it's very lacking
it's not very cohesive either... what's up with that? seems thrown together :(

i lover everthing grey and black in this collection :smile:

i love this. the dress and skirts are lovely. i do dislike the python print

The last dress looks the most unflattering... not liking the shape and the color.
The only one I like is the second one in the first post.
I think the whole collection is just okay, YSL can do suits better than that!

i agree berlinrocks that the python print is tres terrible and there is not very much cohesion. it's a very bizarre collection.

There are some incredible pieces in this collection, most of the loose fitting dresses, esp the berry slitfront one, the black strappy long column, the black sheer bowback and the tan ruched. also like the trousers and the jersey long sleeve jumpsuit...There are a lot of fillers and odd pieces also, I wish the collection was more edited, but a nice one anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->