Yves Saint Laurent S/S 2009 Edition Unisex

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
This February, Stefano Pilati is continuing the grand Yves Saint Laurent tradition of making menswear for women with his first unisex collection

Kate wears Albany silk jacket, £1,555, and Albany silk trousers, £570. Pip wears silk double-breasted jacket, £1,555, and fitted trousers in dark blue silk, £570 (timesonline.co.uk)

Attachments

• ysl1.jpg
    ysl1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 524
Kate wears grey jacket, £1,555, and Lola khaki satin heels, £325. Pip wears blouson in grey shiny nappa with jersey lining, £2,210, and fitted cream silk trousers, £570

Attachments

• ysl2.jpg
    ysl2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 523
Kate Spicer and Pip McCormac prowl the streets in YSL suits

Attachments

• ysl3.jpg
    ysl3.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 517
Kate wears Birch organza trench coat, £1,555. Pip wears crepe silk jacket, £1,800, fishnet-stitch jumper, £555, fitted silk shirt, £555, and fitted trousers, £490 (all photos by timesonline.co.uk)

Attachments

• ysl4.jpg
    ysl4.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 516
oh man,how disappointing. i thought when it said unisex that meant single pieces with dual versatility. men's is kind of boring to me.

Nice, now my girlfriend and I can ditch the matching tees labeled "His"/"Her" and match in style. Kidding... But I always love seeing things like this and I especially love this YSL collection. Can't wait to see it in person.

there was an article about this in vogue, maybe last month or december...
they looked very sharp...

the concept is cool... hope to see more varaitions..?

i cant stand his pants , its just way tooo urkel for me.

YSL’s smoking look is enough..this collection is unnecessary unless the PPR group is greedy

Ick I dont like any of this as either mens or womenswear...
Definately cant see it selling well with men, and the few 'successful' looks above are shoddily styled for the photos, you can see the jackets are pinned from behind.

Surely if a woman wanted that look she would be confident enough just to buy menswear? Would have been a better idea to make menswear in smaller sizes (like DiorHomme did with jeans) if there was really a demand.

I think this ad is the best:flower:
image.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->