Zac Posen - Designer, Creative Director of Gap Inc.

Zac Posen named creative director of GAP:

Looks like GAP is desperate to reclaim their classic all-American past image again…

(Guess they couldn’t get Prabal Gurung, Christopher John Rogers, or Altuzarra, or Philipp Lim… or Derek Lam… or…)

Nothing about this makes sense….
Phillip Lim would have been perfect for the job!
I don’t expect a success out of this tbh.

It’s a bit sad if we are totally honest.

The executives at Nina Ricci would have been more clever to hire him instead of the Harris guy if they wanted dramatic clothes to sell perfumes.

I guess this is a « Job alimentaire ». It will put butter on bread but this is like Theory/Theyskens.

im scared for GAP, j crew, calvin klein, levis, brooks brothers, etc. these brands have licensed out to so many sh*tty places, all of it's in the discount bin, you cannot go into one of these stores and not feel its just worse quality than zara and terrible design... CK esp with Raf he was trying to streamline and make it something cool but in the end look at it now, they're just pumping out the same sh*tty elastic waistlines and on bargain racks everywhere... everything run with corporate soulless jerks will be run into the ground in the name of shareholder value, we are loosing great american brands left and right

I think Gap has been doing fairly well, recently. Not sure why/if this is necessary. “Cultural curator and creative partner” is such a nonsense title/role, though, that I don't think there’s alot at risk.

LOL I liked a bunch of their plain merino wool sweaters they sold this fall... let me keep my plain boring clothes (that I mostly wear to work, before anyone judges me!!!)!!!

Bring back kanye… honestly… this must be THE worst business decision ever.

GAP is such a basics-oriented brand, the last thing it needed was to infuse that with too much overcomplicated and ambitioned design that would only alienate that customer. At the essence, this is about finding the right weight of sweatshirting, fine-tuning the cut of a chino trouser or a tee-shirt - If anything at all, Christophe Lemaire's or Jil Sander's work for Uniqlo can serve as an example as to how a happy marriage of fashion and quality staples can look like, delivering a product that is honest at that price range.

I remember that he was also the creative director of Brooks Brothers…We see where the brand is today!

A collaboration with Marc Jacobs could have been a nice project to relaunch the brand. They could have approached someone from Ralph Lauren…

Has Zac Posen ever presented something as simple as a Parka?

this is a mix of expert networking and a nonsensical appointment of someone incongruent to the brand. is gap now trying to produce ball gowns to compete with the likes of oscar de la renta and nina ricci? what's going on here?

when has his aesthetic ever been "casual, everyday, adaptable American core pieces" or American sportswear without a ruffle, tule, or a corset?

red alarms and flashing danger signs all over this. a confusing waste of money, but their intentions for having him at the helm will be revealed.

I mean maybe he will surprise us all. I can assume that Zac knows to keep it classically American and basic in the most positive sense of the word. I think he will definitely be including some Sharon Stone x Gap moments.

This will be a huge nail in the coffin for the GAP. Sean John bankrolled his company for years and it never produced any hits. Posen is basically an Upper East Side social queen who knows how to schmooze. His costumey aesthetic is simply going to fail miserably, just like his brand did. I would not hire Posen to manage a McDonald's let alone the GAP lol. Its going to be a steaming pile of dog sh!t lol

GAP is about American staples like jeans, cargos, khakis , etc, cocktail dresses are far far removed from that. I think Derek Lam would have been a far far better pick. Hell even good ol' Hannah MacGibbon would have been 1000X better.

This will be a huge nail in the coffin for the GAP. Sean John bankrolled his company for years and it never produced any hits. Posen is basically an Upper East Side social queen who knows how to schmooze. His costumey aesthetic is simply going to fail miserably, just like his brand did. I would not hire Posen to manage a McDonald's let alone the GAP lol. Its going to be a steaming pile of dog sh!t lol

GAP is about American staples like jeans, cargos, khakis , etc, cocktail dresses are far far removed from that. I think Derek Lam would have been a far far better pick. Hell even good ol' Hannah MacGibbon would have been 1000X better.
hannah macgibbon would've been a great choice, also someone like teddy santis could've worked really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->