The Hunger Games Thread

Also, wouldn't Melissa Leo be too young to play Mags? I thought Mags was suppose to be like 80+ years old. But maybe they will put a ton of makeup on her?

I thought the same thing--Mags is in her '80s in the book. I was hoping to see Betty White in a Hunger Games film! I don't know what the reasoning is behind Leo being considered--she is extremely talented, and seeing any actress past 45 get major roles like this is great, but this was a chance to really employ a legend. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

^such a shame, I was so exited about her being in a Hunger Games movie, maybe she's not the right age, but nobody there is and she's a good actress!

Oh, maybe Betty White would make a good Mags or Shirley MacLaine or Cloris Leachman.

I just hope there will still be a Mags, portrayed by a good, nice actress.

It's been a while since I read the books, so I've had to look up the character profile for Johanna:

Born in District 7, whose industry is Lumber, Johanna Mason is pretty handy with an axe. She won her Games by posing as a weakling so no one would notice her. She then demonstrated a "wicked ability to murder". Allied with Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark in the Third Quarter Quell, Johanna is sassy and bold. She comes off as mean sometimes, but she stays true to her alliance till the very end. She has spiky brown hair and wide-set brown eyes.
imdb

I'm probably the only one then that likes Jena Malone as Johanna. I think she quite fits the bill. Like, she may look vulnerable, but she's got sass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually love Jena Malone. I had no clear picture of Johanna but the moment I saw her, I thought: YEEES.
I'm really curious who'll play Finnick :smile:

I don't know if I can properly judge casting Sam Claflin until I see him in the film but look-wise he's very handsome. So he certainly has that going for him. He's not exactly what I pictured Finnick looking like but I guess you can't please everybody. And I'm sure he's looks/acting will grow on me. My sister and I were talking yesterday about who they should cast for Annie and I said that I could totally see Emma Watson playing her. But I highly doubt that they'll cast her for the role because she's such a big name that she might take away from some of the other star power- plus it's a pretty tiny role. Anyways, one can wish, can't they?

^ Yes, it's really hard to judge unless you know his work, which I don't (except for snow white...)
I read the books after I saw the first film but I don't think I would ever have pictured Josh Hutcherson's face for the role of Peeta - after seeing his beautiful performance and subtle mannerisms I can't imagine anyone else for the part. I hope it's the same with Finnick. Besides, as you said he's very handsome. So that can't hurt, right? :lol:

This is not how I pictured Finnick... at all. I´ll give Sam the benefit of the doubt though...

tumblr_mgd6yrLMMf1qd5jn4o1_500.jpg

beautifulballad.org
dramainthelb.tumblr.com
via Prairie

Not exactly what I imagined either but I'm sure he will do a great job.

The release date is November 22, 2013.

Yeah - obviously I pictured someone a bit bigger physically (more buff, taller, etc.) but like others, i won't judge until I've seen the film. The weird staged EW covers never look great anyway....

I'm confident that he'll bring it acting wise but like I said before Finnick needed to be absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Maybe he'll work in motion.

Do you guys remember how upset people were about Josh? Look at him now, adored by everyone. So Sam will be fine too.

^I still don´t care about Josh or Liam LOL
they did an ok job, could have been worse :smile:

I actually just saw Sam in the film United yesterday, I thought he did a pretty good job. So while Sam may not be who I pictured for Finnick I've sort of changed my tune about him, he might just be able to pull this role off. I can see why he was picked, he does have a really cheeky smile that you can picture Finnick having.

Sam is such a fail. The fact that I've seen him in two blockbuster movies but had no idea who he was and didn't even remember him speaks volumes. Finnick needed to be dynamic and they just went basic. They really couldn't find a tall, strapping actor from one of the coastal U.S. areas like Cali, Texas, Florida..etc who fit the part?

Wow, that is actually exactly how I pictured Finnick. So funny how we all imagine these characters differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->