Hermès... The All-Things Hermès Handbags Thread

^Check Malleries.com to see if they still have the whale skin Constance for sale :flower:

PICT0031.JPG

i know its bad to buy knock offs but never in my life will i be able to afford the real deal and i found this one at a second hand store for $10

Hello, I'm new here :smile:
I wanted to ask: Is there or isn't there a waiting list for the Birkin? I hear all kinds of stories and now I am not sure. If there is a waiting list how long would it take approximately to get a black 30/32/35cm (which one is best if it's for daily use?) Birkin in Taurillon/Togo/Clemence leather (not sure yet) with palladium hardware?

^A friend of mine told me there's no waiting list but you have to show off your wealth in order to get one. Also it helps if you visit the store often but I'm not sure so maybe this is not exactly how it goes:lol:

I just saw these bags on hermes.com and these are so beautiful it makes my heart melt. :wub:

061050CKY7.jpg
061050CK4H.jpg
061050CK4H.jpg
061050CK16.jpg
061050CK16.jpg

hermes.com

Hermes Can Surpass Vuitton as Luxury’s Biggest Brand, Citi Says​

• Hermes sales to reach €20 billion level by 2027, Citi predicts
  • Hermes shares have outperformed sector this year with 20% gain

Hermes’ shares have outperformed fellow luxury goods stocks with a 20% gain so far this year.

Hermes’ shares have outperformed fellow luxury goods stocks with a 20% gain so far this year.
Photographer: Benjamin Girette/Bloomberg

BLOOMBERG
By Kit Rees
April 15, 2024 at 1:04 PM GMT+2

Hermes has potential to surpass LVMH’s flagship Louis Vuitton in the coming years as the luxury industry’s biggest brand by turnover, according to Citigroup Inc. analysts.
The Birkin bag maker’s sales are set to hit the “symbolic” €20 billion ($21.3 billion) level by 2027 or before, Thomas Chauvet wrote in a note dated April 12 — a milestone that the Louis Vuitton fashion label reached in 2022. Hermes generated group revenue of €13.4 billion in 2023.

“Hermes enjoys one of the most predictable growth, margin and cashflow profiles in the luxury industry,” said Chauvet.
The analyst highlighted the French firm’s pricing strategy, which ranges from affordable to ultra-luxury, its control over distribution and opportunities to grow in categories beyond leather such as ready-to-wear, watches, jewelry and tableware.

-1x-1.png

While there have been concerns over a slowdown in demand for high-end items following a post-pandemic boom, Hermes’ shares have outperformed fellow luxury goods stocks with a 20% gain so far this year. A gauge tracking the industry is up just 6.8% over the same period, while LVMH has risen 8.2%.

The stock gained 1.8% Monday, taking it closer to Chauvet’s price target of €2,350. He has had a neutral rating on Hermes since initiating coverage in 2020.

Hermes is considered to be more insulated from an industry downturn, due to its exposure to very wealthy clients and a unique business model which is driven by scarcity. The company is due to give an update on first-quarter sales on April 25.

Conglomerate LVMH is the world’s biggest luxury group, with its 75 brands making products ranging from handbags to Champagne. HSBC analysts have estimated that Louis Vuitton alone generates around 50% of LVMH’s profitability, and accounts for 26% of sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->