Hermès... The All-Things Hermès Handbags Thread

hi purse!!! long time no see!! i am well hope you are too!!!

u need to finish it it is really good!!!!!!

I am,Thank You,Well now I will Def read it,since i have a good review from you :smile:,I just Bought it Coz I thought The Title was Interesting,LOL

I Would Like to share My thoughts With You here,
To be Honest I rarely use my Birkins These days,.Because I think They are now,especially in the Country where I live in,a 3rd world country with lots of new money kinda crowd that would go to any extent to be called "fashionable and "rich"":ninja:,the birkins have increasingly became overrated status symbol and stopped being appreciated for its quality and good taste :cry:

I used to feel sooo nice using my birkin,the feel of the luxurious leather and craftmanship blew me away,i treasured them so much because i remember how hard it was to get them,like my 1st gold birkin,i had to call up the milan shop like 30 times,checking everyday whether theres any "on the floor"birkin that people on the waiting list might have cancelled on buying.

and i waited exactly 2 years for my next one,

well i didnt have to do those things if i wanted to spend $15k on a togo birkin from a respected seller on the net,but i didnt do it because i think the price is too ridiculous.:angry:

But Now,let me tell you this,theres a Blackberry Messanger "Hermes Group" that i joined( i left the group a few days ago,because i got sick of seeing those bags everyday,:ninja:,can you believe it???:unsure:),that is sending me pictures of birkins and kellys for SALE:shock:,like every hour,they will send me a few new pictures,its like over a 100 birkins available for sale in that group!! and some of them are Crocs,they are ALL Authentic,guaranteed,and the price eventho its surely above the boutique price,its a pretty reasonable price,its that "easy"now to get them if you have the money for it,sooo,its like when I go to a shopping centre now,I can see like 20 women carrying birkins in various colours,:sick:

So i dont feel that they are so "special" anymore,except that i will always treasure their craftmanship. Anybody here feels the same way????:(

i've never seen this before, thought i should share this with the group, a spiked birkin

fp_5144330_lady_gaga_aar_06__oPt.jpg

source: www.perezhilton.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Tommy Ton from Jak&Jil has posted a couple of customized birkins recently!! one with rhinestones and the other one painted black.
is this... what? just a trend for making them look more unique (than i already are)? is it something recent or something that has been done for a long time? i had never noticed that

birkins dont need to be customized.

in my modest opinion, they are just... THE BAG.

^ Exactly, its the IT bag which just has a personality of its own and doesn't need to be customised. I still don't get why Gaga would draw all over her white Birkin.

I didn't see this posted...

Kelly35 from the FW10 So Black series:

Everything about the Kelly is blacked out, from the exterior hardware to the leather. Available in 6 different models in all, in either box leather or mat crocodile, even the dust bag and box is black.
bagaholicboy, zinio via cul8tr

What do you guys think? :shifty:

This is amazing! I love how black hw can make any classic bag looks edgy at the same time.

Will Hermes give me a gift box?

Sorry this is so random...I have no idea which forum to place this in. I figure Hermes is most related to handbags, so here I am lol.

But does anyone know if Hermes will give me a gift box/ribbon even if I don't purchase anything? I know certain other stores will (department stores like Nordstrom, Neimans, boutiques like Lacoste, Betsey Johnson, etc.etc. will) but I don't know if someone really high end like Hermes will.

Thoughts?

No, I wouldn't think so. I am pretty sure they have a box to bag ratio, but you could phone and ask!

Box to bag ratio...what's that? For every box they give they have to give a bag as well? Well couldn't they also give me a bag to keep them in sync? haha

Most Bags are usually already in their box when you purchase it, some places like LV usually ask if you want it gift wrapped, Small Leather Goods usually come in their box too.
its an unusual request, but they may give you one, at a fee.

Sorry, I'm partly ******** because when "box to bag ratio" was said I was thinking bag as in shopping bag. But now I get that handbag was meant...haha. My bad sorry.

just a gift box, hard feat to achieve. they also can't just give people boxes and bags cause then fake sellers on ebay would have an easy game in pretending that their fakes come with the real boxes and shopping bags, fooling people into buying their fakes.

I think lady Gaga's Birkin was custom made for her

Last edited by a moderator:
Só in love with the Birkin and the Kelly.
No way I can afford one soon..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->