Who was the model of 2007 and who will be for 2008?

2007: Agyness Deyn or Lara Stone
2008: Anja Rubik, Raquel Zimmermann or someone new like Egle Tvirbutaite

Anja hasnt had many vogue covers.. nor.. vogue eds but she is still extremely successful in other arenas and it was deffinitely Sasha's year , she had it all.

hasn't had that's why I put her to 2008
and Sasha already had last year

2007 was the year of Lara. She was like everywhere! :heart:
Also Sasha and Stam, who never had that much publicity and editorials before. Of course, Agyness, Anja and Raquel had a good run as well ^_^

2008... I don't know. I hope Alana and/or Suzanne will make it big, but I wouldn't place my bets on that.

2007:
-Raquel Zimmermann: Proving that there is such thing a longevity in this field. The only girl featured in V50? Still walking all the best shows, still booking great campaigns. To me she became an icon this year.
-Sasha Pivovarova: Apparently she's so perfect for Prada that she can just pose with herself. She had a great run, but died down towards the end I think...
-Anja Rubik: Beloved Chloe girl, and still producing some beautiful editorials along the way. Plus, she managed to encourage quite a few others to copy her short hair!

2008:
-Meghan Collison: Hoping that she continues to be a great editorial force.
-Diana Farkhullina: After the switch from DNA to IMG, I think Diana is done waiting. She's going to make a killing this year.
-The CK Trinity + Ali Stephens: I think they're proving their potential with each passing editorial and campaign booking. Toni and Taryn are lagging at the moment, but I think Karlie and Ali just going to continue to explode.

I think to choose one model of 2007 is really hard. Here are my types and why:

1.Lara Stone
-Max Mara ss07add, Givenchy fw07 add, Calvin Klein fw 07 add, Calvin Klein beauty add,
-Vogue Paris cover,
-many edds and shows.

2.Kasia Struss
-Dolce&gabbana ss07 add, Jil Sander ss-fw07 add, Dior fw07 add, Pringle of Scothland fw07 add, Valentino Haute Couture add,
-many shows made and opened.

3.Raquel Zimmerman
-Fendi 'Palazzo' fragrance, ‘Gucci by Gucci’ fragrance, Chloe ss07 add, Gucci ss07 add, Fendi ss-fw2007 add, Chanel eyewear add,
-US Vogue cover may07 (she's in 10 top models),
-favourite model in Gucci and Fendi, Lagerfeld fav model.

4.Natasha Poly
-‘Gucci by Gucci’ fragrance, Gucci fw07 add, Gucci 'Indy bag' add, Gucci cruise add,
-Vogue Paris covers - 2 or 3, Vogue Russia cover,
-fav model of Gucci, great ss 08 season in Milan and Paris.

5.Anja Rubik
-Chloe ss-fw07 add, 'Chloe' fragrance, Botega Veneta fw07 add, Este Lauder 2 fragrances, Estee Lauder Blossom Bright 2007, Cavalli ss07 add, Chanel eyewear fw07 add, H&M fw07 add,
-Russh, Numéro, Flair covers,
-many shows made, fav model of Chloe and Matthew Williamson. Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin muse. She made a huge hard job in 2007 year.

Model of 2008?
Hope it's gonna be Anja Rubik. She deserve it sooo much. Her hard job sholud be appreciate. She's got so many adds in ss08 season :

- Belstaff - Ph: Steven Meisel
- Dsquared2 - Ph: Steven Meisel
- GAP
- H&M - Ph: Camilla Akrans
- Oscar de la Renta - Ph: Craig McDean
- Valentino - Ph: Inez van Lamsweerde

Hope she's gonna have many Vogue covers.

Happy New Year everyone:smile:

i agree very much with all of these girls esp.Anja & Natasha, even,begrudgingly, Raquel b/c i'm not a fan :wink:

2007: sasha, raquel, agyness, and lara. alot of blonde.
2008: meghan or someone like egle. unconventional beauties.

doutzen kroes and Lara stone ( hihi both dutch, its not because i live in netherland )
but they got big deals and job.

i think Michaela Kocianova

2007: Raquel, Sasha, Lara.

2008: I think the 2007 girls will continue their run in a way. But also Anja, Coco, Ali Stephens..

i really think 2008 is going to be all about the "why are they models?" models like meghan and ali. moody, meisel favorites.

^ yeah, I fear that as well. I guess it'll be once more a year full of plain faces, eg Karlie, Suvi, Siri (I like her, but well... she's not that special), Irina K, Kasia etc...

cul8tr got it right..... also for agnyess.... these girls were everywhere, I really hope we see a bit less of them in 2008. :blink:

The first model that came to mind for 2007 was Sasha Pivovarova. I remember seeing her on cover after cover, wondering if her reign as model of the moment would ever end. The frenzy seems to be slowing down, and I have a feeling she won't have nearly the amount of success in 2008. Just a thought.

I'm not good with new models, so the only one I can really name for 2008 is Meghan Collison. Towards the end of this year, she seemed to becoming more and more successful. The fact that she is steadily rising in the fashion industry makes me giddy, as I remember a time when we only had Polaroids and test photographs to judge her by. :P

2007: Raquel Zimmermann, Jessica Stam & Sasha Pivovarova
2008: Raquel Zimmermann, Meghan Collison & Egle Tvirbutaite

Tanya for 07!!!
Anabela for 08!!
I guess I just like girls from Belarus =)

^ I agree...(as much as I hate to admit it) her status has reached beyond that of a model as she's also considered a 'style icon'. I think this was really her year.

I have to add Abbey Lee and also Lera S to the list of girls for next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
konster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->