Predict Style.com's Top Ten New Faces for S/S 08

^Oh lord I hope Snejana gets something decent, but the new girls are so popular, Siri will definately take more than her fair share of campaigns, which I don't mind cuz she's had an amazing season.

^ I don't think that the vast majority of these new girls will be that prominent in the campaigns this season. With veterans like Natalia Vodianova and MariaCarla back on the scene and with them opening & closing every other major show in Paris I believe that they'll sweep up the big campaigns nicely :lol:. Most designers love to use the faces that they know...

Right now I am thinking:

Siri Tolerod
Ali Stephens
Taryn Davidson
Karlie Kloss
Kori Richardson
Masha Novoselova
Oxana Pautova
Erin Heatherton
Ksenia Kahnovich
Adina Forizs

But this is probably not my final list....

Was Adina at Miu Miu? If she wasn't can she really make the list just by ONE runway appearance?

^Whoa...good point. I had totally forgotten that she was the one person who didn't show up there.

Yeah I just came here to comment on that as well...consider her of my list already!

^Oh never mind, apparently she was there :smile: I just couldn't ID her :lol:

^She was? Which one was she? (didn't see her in the utms either :huh: )

oh hmm that does look like her..

It doesn't make sense for a girl to open prada and then NOT show up at Miu Miu

Hard to believe, but it's almost all over (Until next season) :shock:

And now it's time to "officially" discuss :shifty: My two cents...with notable shows in parenthesis for each.

Locks:

Adina Forizs - Self-explanatory
(The Prada Opener, Miu Miu)

Ali Stephens - Prada Exclusive + phenomenal Paris presence
(Balenciaga, Chanel, Chloe, Givenchy, Kenzo, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Nina Ricci, Prada)

Karlie Kloss - CK/Gucci exclusives + great Paris debuts
(Alexander McQueen, Calvin Klein, Chloe, Gucci, Kenzo, Sonia Rykiel, Valentino)

Siri Tollerod - Started very well, ended as Paris it-girl
(Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Chanel, Chloe, Christian Lacroix, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, John Galliano, Karl Lagerfeld, Kenzo, Lanvin, Louis Vuitton, Missoni, Miu Miu, Nina Ricci, Prada, Pringle of Scotland, Valentino, YSL...Geez Louise!)

Taryn Davidson - CK + Jil Sander exclusives + variety of shows in Paris
(Alexander McQueen, Calvin Klein, Chloe, Hermes, Jil Sander, Kenzo, Lanvin, Nina Ricci, Viktor & Rolf)

Toni Garrn - CK ultra-exclusive
(Calvin Klein; For some reason I think she might be overlooked, however)

Strong but just might miss the cut:

Agnete Hegelund - Consistency, consistency!
(Burberry, Chanel, Christian Lacroix, Christopher Kane, Dolce & Gabbana, Givenchy, Kenzo, Viktor & Rolf)

Kamila Filipcikova - Notable appearances, notable look
(Christopher Kane, Jil Sander, Miu Miu, Prada, Pringle of Scotland, Sonia Rykiel)

Kori Richardson
- What a Paris week she had! :shock:
(Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Chanel, Chloe, Jil Sander, Louis Vuitton, Nina Ricci, YSL)

Lera Sheremeta - Opened MJ + significant presence in Europe
(Christopher Kane, Jil Sander, Marc Jacobs, Dries van Noten, Kenzo, Louis Vuitton, Marni, Sonia Rykiel)

Overlooked from the previous season:

Anabela Belikova - No doubt one of the most in-demand
(Calvin Klein, Balenciaga, Burberry, Chloe, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan, Fendi, Giles, Jil Sander, John Galliano, Kenzo, Lanvin, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, Nina Ricci, Prada, Pringle of Scotland, Proenza Schouler, Rag & Bone, Zac Posen)

Laura Blokhina - Skipped NYC, but absolutely sensational Europe appearances from London to Paris
(Alexander McQueen, Christopher Kane, Bottega Veneta, Christian Lacroix, Dolce & Gabbana, Etro, Jil Sander, Kenzo, Marni, Nicole Farhi, Stella McCartney, Valentino)

Masha Tyelna - Unforgettable, to say the least
(Alexander McQueen, Chloe, Christopher Kane, Dries van Noten, Giles, Jil Sander, Kenzo, Louis Vuitton, Luella, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, Nina Ricci, Prada, Sonia Rykiel, Vera Wang)

Viviane Orth - Overshadowed by Irina and Anabela last time around, but sustaining her own ground this season
(Alexander McQueen, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Hermes, Jil Sander, John Galliano, Lanvin, Loiuis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Nina Ricci, Pringle of Scotland, Proenza Schouler, Versace, Zac Posen)

Unexpected "old"-timers making huge splashes:

Heidi Mount - Rocking the runways as a proud mother
(Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Chloe, Dolce & Gabbana, Dries van Noten, Giles, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, Nina Ricci, Prada, Proenza Schouler, Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney, Valentino, Zac Posen)

Ksenia Kahnovich - Still just as lovely as her FW05 debut in London
(Carolina Herrera, Celine, D&G, Dior, John Galliano, Lanvin, Nina Ricci, Valentino, Vera Wang, Versace)

My Final List:

1) Adina Forizs / IMG
2) Ali Stephens / Elite (Marilyn Paris)
3) Anabela Belikova / IMG
4) Kori Richardson / IMG
5) Lera Sheremeta / Supreme (Women Milan)
6) Karlie Kloss / Elite (Marilyn Paris)
7) Siri Tollerod / Trump (Joy Milan / Marilyn Paris)
8) Taryn Davidson / DNA (Why Not Milan)
9) Toni Garrn / Women
10) Either Agnete Hegelund / Ford, Laura Blokhina / DNA (Why Not Milan / Viva Paris), or Masha Tyelna / Women

Conclusion: Lacking ethnic diversity -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Kori Richardson - What a Paris week she had! :shock: But she only showed up there...
(Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Chanel, Chloe, Louis Vuitton, Nina Ricci, YSL)

Lera Sheremeta - Opened MJ + significant presence in Europe
(Christopher Kane, Jil Sander, Marc Jacobs, Dries van Noten, Kenzo, Louis Vuitton, Sonia Rykiel)

Conclusion: Lacking ethnic diversity -_-

Few little things to add: Kori did a Jil Sander exclusive as well remember. Also, Lera went on to walk Jil Sander and open Marni in Milan.

As for the diversity, I get that feeling as well. There's a general sense of blonde and Americana going on that feels really homogenous.

^Thanks for catching Jil Sander for Kori -- for some reason I could only remember Jennifer M. and Lena as the new Jil Sander girls :ninja:

^Not a problem at all. I'm assuming (in fact I'm pretty certain of it) you're mind is just as jumbled and full of names and runway counts and who did whats, as mine. Forgeting the highlights is absolutely understandable when you consider how many models you're trying to account for at once.

Also, I'm throwing this out there: where was Agnete today? Last day of shows as she is no where to be found? That does not bode well for her...

^Indeed :( that is why she fell from my lock section since the last time I showed you my list -_-

This is really tough! I don't have a complete list, but heres what I got so far.

1. Ali Stephens
2. Siri Tollerod
3. Taryn Davidson
4. Karlie Kloss
5. Viviane Orth
6. Erin Heatherton
7. Agnete Heglund

Thats all I have for now, although I think I just put Erin on there because I like her ^_^

I am not sure on my final list yet but I have a strong feeling that Toni Garn will definetly not be there. I also have my doubts with Adina Forisz...she might've done Prada and MiuMiu, but the only other time style.com put a girl on the list because of that, was Suvi Koponen. She opened Prada and closed MiuMiu and she made a HUUUGE splash amongst porfessional people and us modelistas...now, I have a feeling that Adina's splash isn't really that big..esp amongst us..it's more like a high wave than a splash.

^I actually agree with you Dale, on your reserves about Adina Forizs. I think the lack of enthusiasm that I have regarding her opening Prada, is that for the first time in a few seasons, that was not the most important exclusive. Particularly in a season with Karlie and Taryn locking down multiple exclusives, and Toni Garrn already being 'promised' the benefits that should usually come with a Prada exclusive. Even with that, most of us are still a little uncertain as to whether or not Toni will included.

Regardless of Prada and Russell Marsh being able to make stars out of a bounty of girls before her, something feels lackluster. This is most likely a result of her not being featured heavily at Miu Miu, and, at least in my opinion, Ali Stephens is the girl that most profited from the Prada exclusive. We'll see though. Personally, I cannot imagine them changing their tune and not including her; IMG would throw a huge fit.

Anyhow, at the moment, my list is fluctuating particularly with Agnete's poor performance on the last day of shows and the fact that Laura Blokhina just is not buzzing for me the way she was a few days ago...

My head is literally spinning! This season is already proving extremely difficult to guess...

Here's my crappy and probably utterly useless observation/tip :lol:.... if they don't have a backstage headshot then they may not make the list, as all lists that I can remember have used backstage headshots. Does Adina have one?

^You're not alone -- I was just thinking about that yesterday! They've actually used runway details shots before (Ekaterina K. and Michaela K. for example), but I can't really remember whether Adina even had that...

youarearockstar - I think Agnete and Karlie's absences on Sunday must have good explanations...at least, hopefully? Laura showed up at Chado Ralph Rucci (The last show of the day) and surprised me :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->