Predict Style.com's Top Ten New Faces for S/S 08

If it was in terms of Paris fashion week I'd say Edita Vilkeviciute...

Ok, I've been agonizing over how to structure my Top Ten, as I'm trying to find a common-ground between my personal Top Ten girls, and how I think Style.com will rank them. Anyhow here's my list:

Adina Forizs - Regardless of the plethora of exclusives this season, Adina opened Prada. We're certainly not at a place where that can be overlooked.

Ali Stephens - By far my favorite new face this season. Prada exclusive, killed it in Paris, and has been generating a great deal of buzz since.

Anabela Belikova - Too crucial of a girl to be overlooked. Most likely to end up like Alyona, who converted her first season Russell Marsh exclusive into a second season Top Ten appearence.

Karlie Kloss - Calvin Klein and Gucci exclusives, plus a strong presence in Paris. Karlie is certainly a lock for this list.

Kori Richardson - Nearly invisible in NYC, but made Europe her own with Jil Sander and just about every crucial show in Paris.

Lera Sheremeta - Not as overtly visible as some, but opening Marc Jacobs and Marni, along with walking Jil Sander, Louis Vuitton and a few other good shows should help.

Meghan Collison - Her appearence on this list is bound to strike some discussion, considering that she certainly did not have an amazing season. Still, no other girl on this list has a Vogue Italia cover, and Prada campaign to their name.

Siri Tollerod - A given. Very well received, especially in Paris. I just cannot imagine an objective Top Ten without Siri being listed.

Taryn Davidson - Her story mirror's Karlie's, in converting the Calvin Klein exclusive into another in Milan (Jil Sander), and then taking no prisoners in Paris.

Toni Garrn - Will this uber-exclusive for Calvin Klein, and her one appearence be enough? Hopefully. I cannot imagine Women Management allowing her to be overlooked.

Well, that's my Top Ten, or at least the most rational ranking that I could make from this season. There are however a few alternatives that I want to mention, just because I could easily see them taking the place of two or three of the girls on my list: Agnete Hegelund, Flo Gennaro, Heidi Mount, and Laura Blokhina. Time will tell.

Also, Style.com has posted their Top Ten choices for collections, which means we'll be waiting on W's picks in that category, and then the model list should announced after that!

Alright I think I have my final list

1. Ali Stephens
2. Siri Tollerod
3. Taryn Davidson
4. Karlie Kloss
5. Kori Richardson
6. Anabela Belikova
7. Agnete Heglund
8. Lera Sheremeta
9. Meghan Collison
10. Adina Forisz

In the end, I don't really see Viviane Orth or Erin Heatherton making the list. Viviane did do alot of shows but I don't feel she stands out enough to be included. And Erin did really well, but I don't think she was in enough major shows to be recognized. But who knows!

thi si tough
the turnover time for models is soooooooooo fast now that it is hard to guess who will make this
i think it is one of the first season where we have had some serious trouble deciding who to include and exclude.
it is because there are so many darn girls!!!!!
i narrowed it down to the girls i think really matter and here is what i had for my site...
Lera.jpg

Meghan.jpg

siri.jpg

taryn.jpg

toni.jpg

Adina_polaroid.jpg

Ali.jpg

Edita.jpg

Karlie.jpg

Kori.jpg

thats my list but then you have to think about girls like....
masha N
masha T
Erin H
Viviane O
Anabela
agnete
alex sandor
Eda P
Heidi Mount
Serafima
Oxana

THEN there is all the prada exclusives like claudia and alana and cate..
TOO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT
hahhahaha
it seems like they could easily fill a top 20 :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK the season is over and i would bet those girls could make it this time. In no particular order:
SIRI TOLLEROD
KARLIE KLOSS - love her!
TARYN DAVIDSON - so cute
LERA SHEREMENTA
MEGHAN COLLINSON - not a fan of her on the runway at all!!!But love her
print work
MASHA TYELNA or DENISA DVORAKOVA - not a first season girls but they have done also NYC this season for the 1st time.
VIVIANE ORTH - loving her!
ERIN HEATHERTON
FLO GENARRO
ADINA FORISZ - if prada opening still means that much but i cannot say i am huge fan

Toni Garrn my favourite
Ali Stephens bit manly face but fierce I think
Siri Tollerod definitely a good model
Taryn Davidson looks young and fresh
Karlie Kloss I bet she's versatile
Flo Gennaro looks a bit weird..so she will probably one of the next generation^^
Edita Vilkeviciute I thought she's too old..but I love her
Lera Sheremeta kind of familar face gorgeous eyes
Meghan Collison I thinkshe will be on the list for sure..such a good editorial/cover start
Adina Forisz she looks a bit like Miss Swank, nice lips I would book her as a designer :wink:

thi si tough
the turnover time for models is soooooooooo fast now that it is hard to guess who will make this
i think it is one of the first season where we have had some serious trouble deciding who to include and exclude.
it is because there are so many darn girls!!!!!
i narrowed it down to the girls i think really matter and here is what i had for my site...
it seems like they could easily fill a top 20 :smile:
thanks for those pix
great way to finish the day :heart:

From MDC, another Europe Top Ten girl:

Lovisa/Women Model Management Polaroids courtesy of Women NY
OTM has been tracking Lovisa since August so it was no surprise to see this babyfaced newcomer as part of the Prada SS08 cabine. Lovisa scored one of the coveted exclusives for that Milan show and subsequently has been put on hold for all those editorials and all those campaigns that makes the fashion world spin. Be warned though, this girl started as an exclusive proposition and she’ s staying that way, right this minute.

All I am thinking is...who? :huh: And that last sentence...Prada campaign?

^Nope, not Prada...

Lovisa was a pleasant sight to see at the show, though! :heart:

obvious:
siri tollerod
meghan collison
lera sheremata
karlie kloss
taryn davidson

possibly:
erin heatherton
toni garrn
egle tvirbutaite
adina forizs
any one of those damn prada/miu miu exclusives

aside from erin heatherton, i don't really like the newcomers... yet. siri and lera might grow on me though.

^In the ss08 campaign thread, Rimoe (works at an agency) said it was not Prada.

I already spilled my water cup today :cry: No more! :judge:

Honest to God, I know nothing :rofl:

1. Siri Tollerod
2.Sheila Marquez
3. Anabela Belikova
4. Toni Garrn
5. Viviane Orth
6. Ksenia Kahnovich
7. Adina Forizs
8. Taryn Davidson
9. Meghan Collison
10. Heidi Mount.

1 Ali Stephens
2 Karlie Kloss
3 Taryn Davidson
4 Toni Garnn
5 Siri Tollerod
6 Lera Sheremeta
7 Adina Forzis
8 Kori Richardson
9 Anabela Belikova
10 Masha Tyelna

but I guess Meghan will probably be there in place of Masha or Anabela...

You know who hasn't been mentioned much, Rachel Clark! She did so many big shows this season!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->