Who would you like to see on the cover of American Vogue?

Ochi Chernye

Reaction score
Everytime I open the monthly US Vogue thread, I see someone complaining about the celebrity featured on the cover. It's either preferring to see models, hating on the celebrity or some other random reason. So I'm curious, who would YOU like to see on the cover? Why do you think they deserve it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see Gemma start a comeback on the cover. Or Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

Successful models, I don't think it would be a good idea or even relevant to have newcomers on the cover of US Vogue partly because no one can tell with certainty if they're indeed good models, they may be the most striking girls in the world but talent is something that you only get to see in the long run so it's too risky and a potential waste of money.. and appealing to a very limited group of people, which is basically not US Vogue's goal, they want to appeal to average girls into or about to get into mainstream fashion and with rather average expectations for it.

Lara Stone would be good, because she's been in pretty much all important covers and is regularly featured in US Vogue and it's a shame that they're yet to capture the time in fashion that Lara represents.

I agree Rosie Huntington-Whitely would also be a fantastic choice, because she's paired sexiness with fashion IN Hollywood in a way hardly ever seen since the Supermodels went there, she's a real bombshell, with a very healthy image and not vulgar or convinced that it's cute to sound clueless or dumb, which is a super rare combination.

Joan Smalls, because she's beautiful, doesn't look or sound like a little girl, has achieved great status in such a short time, comes from a unique place in comparison to most models (which means her story won't be that typical to read).

Guinevere Van Seenus, she's one of the most interesting and legendary models, she's been working for ages and is still in high demand and landing great conceptual work.. she's created a unique resume and is unfortunately still unknown to most people, I think readers would appreciate reading about someone so respected in the modeling world and that hails from a place they can relate to (the US).

Daria Werbowy, she hasn't been on a cover on her own, and anyone with an inclination for fashion knows who she is and usually loves her face, and she's smart and dresses well, so why not..

An All-American feature would be fun too, with perhaps Karlie (let's predict the predictable :lol:) and Arizona Muse on the cover, I would add Samantha Gradoville next to them in the same random way they added Anna Jagodzinska next to Natalia and Liya, because she's very pretty and worth the exposure, either Samantha or Jacquelyn Jablonski. They're all gorgeous and have that unique American beauty that most people forget about, they either think of someone like Hilary Rhoda or Lindsay Ellingson.

I would continue to feature actresses by the way, I would just balance them all out with models, musicians, muses, women in the public eye with admirable heads and that approach fashion in a non-shallow way. I think people want to see that instead of extremes (models only or celebrities only).

Karlie and Arizona both should have a solo cover. And I'm still waiting for a VS Angels cover :innocent:

Liu Wen would be an awesome choice. Raquel deserves a solo cover, too.

I'd love to see Leighton Meester get a cover though it's very unlikely Anna would put her darling Blake's "rival" on the cover.

Alexa Chung should have one :ninja:

Christina Aguilera has never had a cover. Maybe it would help her overcome her utter tackiness if she ever landed a Vogue cover :lol: The Voice is a huge success, so why not?

I'd love to see the 90's and early 00's models who are still working on the cover again - like Kristen McMenamy, Guinivere van Seenus, Malgosia Bela, Liya, etc.

Also, I really think Anna should put herself and Karl on the cover B)

Anne Hathaway, Charlize Theron , Amanda Syfreid

for models Arizona I am curious what the response and how she will deliver
I think Anna Wintour may give Natalia Vodianova her 4th US Vogue Cover, hopefully soon maybe after Kate ? ^_^

wishful thinking but will never happen Freha Beha, Natasha Poly or
Monika Jac

Lara Stone, Raquel Zimmermann & Daria Werbowy definitely. I hope there's at least multi-model cover planned. I'm surprised there wasn't VS models cover yet, I think their cover would sell quite good, many people know most of them (Adriana, Miranda, Alessandra, now Candice aswell).

Isabeli Fontana i dont think any one who see her cover will think is a bad one,both men n woman will love her,she just is beautiful n cant do wrong

Lara Stone on a solo cover is possible. I would also like to see The Trinity in one cover by Steven Meisel. When it comes to celebrities, Diane Kruger (obsessed), Sofia Coppola and Meryl Streep.

I'm also surprised no VS model cover yet. They are known well enough outside of fashion to sell a mag. Miranda Kerr seems to have support from meisel, and she supports causes which Anna always says she loves when a model has a cause they support. (all recent solo cover girls are into that stuff (natalia,gisele,christy).

I would love to see more moviestar/model covers like the Gisele/George Clooney one in 2000. The celeb lovers get their celeb fix and the model lovers get theirs.

More 90s Supermodel covers as well.

Definitely Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, the Fanning Sister, Raquel shes been in so many editorials c'mon she deserves one.

I wouldn't mind seeing fresh faces on the cover, maybe one time a year.
But not the Juliane Grüner -, Kristina Romanova - baby kind of fresh.
I think Arizona Muse, Aymeline Valade and Carola Remer are a perfect combo for a cover. :-) Such great women, I mean they are fresh but have grown up and luxury beauty that will perfectly communicate with Anna's very cosmopolitan Vogue US vision. Stellar :heart:
So, I think fresh faces and Vouge US cover don't exclude each other.

From more experienced models I'd definitely like to see Constance.

daria werbowy, after a billion of eds she has done with vogue us since the beginning of her career, vogue us owes her a solo cover.

other than that i would love the trio of daria, giselle and raquel. these are 3 amazing models. i would love to see something like the sept cover in 2004, that cover still remains one of my favorite covers of all time.

it's kinda sad that u have to be related to a celebrity or be a celebrity to be on the cover of vogue us these days.

Freja appeared a couple of eds in US Vogue, I was hoping she should be a regular and Anna giving hew a cover, Freja lost momentum but I still have a hope Freja may get a US Vogue cover maybe in the near future ?, she is the epitome of a classic ethereal beauty with beauty than no man or woman cannot resist looking twice.

The love Ball event is a great timing for Natalia for a 4th US Vogue cover . Vogue had an exclusive first shot and fitting for Natalia's tailored made gown by Valentino himself. or maybe Vogue US will wait for 2012 for the release of Natalia's movie Belle du Seigneur with Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Natalia ? this will highly likely be given a cover by Anna Wintour ^_^

Arizona would nail a cover , or maybe Lara

Lets be real her, this thread is just another excuse to post everyone's favorite models, so without further ado:
index.php

bellazon

Honestly, there's nobody with a more striking, classicaly beautiful, symmetrical, both accessible and high fashion face in the industry. American housewives would be blown away and the whole country would weep from all the perfection.

:mrgreen:

I know it's an obvious choice for me, but when Maryna did these two editorials for Vogue by Craig McDean and Steven Meisel I thought they could easily be Vogue covers for the US. She just has that ability to appeal to the American market, and her face can look so classic, which is what American Vogue covers tend to be

760-800w.jpg

mdc

marynabeauty4.jpg

fashiongonerogue

Miranda is not my favorite model. I was just posting something I saw plausible.

If I wishful think than I say models, models, models and more models, even one's I don't care for anyday over a celeb. Maybe one actress cover a year. Like the good ole days. :P

I wouldn't mind seeing Daria,Raquel,Hilary,Doutzen etc.

^

I dont think Miranda , Hilary other VS etc. will ever get a cover
Freja has a bigger shot of scoring a US Cover than Miranda
people would relate more to Freja, an ethereal beauty, bigger sex appeal
than miranda , great story to tell.

Arizona needs her big Vogue Magazine break cover, I hope Anna gives
her a cover soon, Lara is probable maybe

after Kate's cover. I hope the Model covers will be back on US Vogue
Natalia and Jonathan Rhys Meyers Movie for 2012, very likely will be given a US Vogue cover. and Charlize Theron pls. no more Sarah Jessica Parker :sick:

Freja has a bigger shot of scoring a US Cover than Miranda
people would relate more to Freja, an ethereal beauty, bigger sex appeal
than miranda , great story to tell.

:lol:

The funny part is that you're totally serious and actually believe that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->