Who would you like to see on the cover of American Vogue?

By the way Anna said herself recently on live tv that she pays no attention to market research and only goes with her gut, this is exactly the reason why she has no idea that we the public who actually purchases the magazine would like to see more models on the cover.

I'm afraid this is not true. Sales figures back up the fact that celebrities sell more issues than models-- at least here in the U.S.

modelo said:
You guys do know that YOU have the power to change what is going on and get models back on the cover right? All you have to do is unite and either cancel all subscriptions or absolutely demand that it return to the old days or no one is going to purchase the mag. See how quickly Anna listens when sales start declining... By the way Anna said herself recently on live tv that she pays no attention to market research and only goes with her gut, this is exactly the reason why she has no idea that we the public who actually purchases the magazine would like to see more models on the cover. No offense to her but going with her "gut" doesn't cut it anymore as she is NOT of the younger generation who are the primary readers of the magazine and doesn't know what we would like to see featured and read... We buy it because 1) the name/brand has selling power on its own. 2) Grace Coddington is literally a saving grace for the magazine 3) We are still somewhat interested in the bland celebs on the cover
AMEN!!! u're stating wat my friend & I have been saying for YR!!! We've always wanted to protest vogue but since it's the 2 of us, I didn't think it would make any difference.. plus, we're hella lazy so..:lol:

I've beeen reading u.s. vogue since I was a teen & it's been getting duller & duller in recent yrs:rolleyes: seriously, if they can't find a proper cover person, then I prefer they just put models on the cover.. I basically can't stand Anna anymore & I loooove Grace & Andre (even if he useless on antm:ninja:) I don't get why anybody in charge just hand over the reigns to Grace & call it a day:blink:

Anna lacks versatility/variety & really, really has noooooo clue what appeals to the younger generation & that is why U.S. Elle has replaced vogue & has become my new fave mag
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I actually believe that if you and your friend were to start a petition you would receive a lot of support. Quite a bit of people are over the bland celeb covers on american vogue and they're also tired of Anna... Grace as EIC of US Vogue would be a dream for most!

You guys do know that YOU have the power to change what is going on and get models back on the cover right? All you have to do is unite and either cancel all subscriptions or absolutely demand that it return to the old days or no one is going to purchase the mag. See how quickly Anna listens when sales start declining...

Anyway here are my choices:

1) Raquel Zimmermann; one of the most versatile and hardest working girls in the industry. I don't believe that there is a single major blue chip brand that has not used her. She also regularly appears in all the big Vogues and collaborates with photographers all the time to do more than just print work/ runways. I can't think of a single model right now doing as much video work as her. Anna Wintour refuses to acknowledge that and give her a cover which is wrong! I'm sure that her rgular appearances in Vogue US eds is because of Grace Coddington who's such a darling!

she hasnt done prada, dior, ck, chanel(only eyewear so it doesnt really count), etc. so she hasnt done most of the bluest blue chip campaigns.

She has done prada and has also done cosmetics for Dior. Doesn't matter if it's the mainline or not. The point is that she is one of the best models out there and has been appearing in US Vogue for quite some time now. Are you seriously saying you don't think she should get a cover?... btw ck isn't blue chip AT ALL. It's only relevent when the model has an exclusive contract with them...

I wish they would at least do more couples covers. A celeb and a model paired together.

I've noticed the interest in models among the general public growing lately, and I hope this continues. Most people my age actually know who Candice Swanepoel, Miranda Kerr, and Adriana Lima are. And some even Karlie Kloss. I think it'd be amazing if Anna put at least one of them on the cover, or on the cover together. Or even add Rosie Huntington-Whiteley since most people know who she is. I don't see how an issue like that will sell any less a cover with someone like Michelle Williams or Sienna Miller on it who most people hardly even know or care about.

I know a ton of girls at my high school who idolize girls like Candice Swanepoel and know the names of the VS girls. There's no doubt they would buy a magazine with her on the cover.

I hope Anna will soon realize putting models on the cover adds an element of expensiveness and presitge that a celebrity doesn't. Because celebrities are so whored out by the media as it is, it doesn't take a special kind of consumer to know who they are. Buyers of US Vogue may end up feeling like they are being baited by the use of celebrities to sell covers. Essentially, making buying Vogue US hardly any different from buying People or US Weekly. It cheapens it's image, in my opinion.

I would love, love to see a cover with Joan, Arizona, and Karlie as the Top American Models of the new era. Something like that could catapult them to true supermodel stardom. Buzz on these 3 models continues to build, as I believe news companies like CNN have already scouped up segments on Karlie and Joan. And if she wanted to be daring, she could include Lindsey Wixson too.

*sigh* if only Grace Coddington was EIC, we all know things would be different.

You guys do know that YOU have the power to change what is going on and get models back on the cover right? All you have to do is unite and either cancel all subscriptions or absolutely demand that it return to the old days or no one is going to purchase the mag. See how quickly Anna listens when sales start declining...

Anyway here are my choices:

1) Raquel Zimmermann
2) Naomi Campbell
3) The Trinity
4) Tyra Banks
5) Karlie Kloss and Joan Smalls
6) Zoe Saldana

I so agree with all the names you've chosen except for Zoe who doesn't have an appeal to me either in style, personality or talent. But I soooo agree that Raquel, Coco, Gemma, Arizona, Karlie and Joan after sooooo many editorials, do deserve a cover (a multi-models' cover if Vogue wants it but they have to get them on the cover, especially for Raquel and Coco who have been embodying the magazine's aesthetics for years and years. As for Tyra I mean, it's OBVIOUS that she deserves the cover of US Vogue for decades now:
- she has a huge appeal and is one of the few worldwide supermodels who still can book covers/editorials and remain great at modeling
- she has a great fashion sense
- she created fashion tv series and the world-renowned hit competition ANTM
- she has legetimized ANTM by inviting so many big designers, supermodels as guests and has created models' careers for her winners
- she has a beauty platform
- she really is into charity
- etc.

So Anna, hear us out ^_^

Other major stars who should get the cover of US Vogue for me would be:

TV ACTRESSES:
- Leighton Meester, Maggie Q, Jennifer Garner

ASIAN SUPERMODELS:
- Du Juan, Liu Wen, Shu Pei

TRIOS:
- Iman, Naomi, Tyra
- Pat Clevleland, Beverly and Tyra
- Linda, Christy and Naomi

I know that none of those names will connect to Anna's vision or the US reader but we're allowed to dream right? loool :D By the way I would soooooo love for the Sept 2012 cover, celebrating the 120th anniversary of Vogue (or december since it was the first issue on Dec. 17th 1892), that every supermodel from the past would grace the cover, just like Vogue Italia did with one of their covers (don't remember the date though).

One of my dreams would be to see Anna Wintour herself on the cover of US Vogue, perhaps for her last issue? What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->