Who would you like to see on the cover of American Vogue?

US Vogue:
  • Heidi Klum
  • Chanel Iman and Karlie Kloss
  • Amanda Seyfried
  • Jennifer Lawrence
  • Mila Kunis

Couples:
  • Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady
  • Heidi Klum and Seal
  • Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr
  • Caleb Followill and Lily Aldridge
  • Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore
  • Top Male Star and a Model and I nominate that Daria Werbowy, Alessandra Ambrosio, Naomi Campbell, Lara Stone or Maryna Linchuk to be the models.

:rofl:

with all the probles Kings of Leon are having right now, i highly doubt that Caleb will do a Vogue cover, his a pretty private person too.

I would love to see Mila Kunis too, Tom Felton, Tom Hiddleston, Clemence Poesy, Melania Laurent and Emilia Clarke in the actors side.

Models: Francisco Lachowski, Siri Tollerod, Ieva Laguna and Hannah Holman again. I've always wanted to see Vlada, but I dont think that will happend .-.-

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see a multi-model cover that features American models. Past favorites (Jerry Hall, Elaine Irwin, Maggie Rizer, Bridget Hall) and current favorites (Karlie Kloss, Hilary Rhoda, Lindsay Wixson, Arizona Muse, Jacquelyn J)

with all the probles Kings of Leon are having right now, i highly doubt that Caleb will do a Vogue cover, his a pretty private person too.
I am not saying that it will be tomorrow, but the way that celebrity culture works these days, the problems that KOL are encountering will increase, not decrease, the odds of KOL, Caleb or Caleb and his wife landing a major cover, not decrease it; it may not be US Vogue,* but it could be or some other mainstream fashion, music or entertainment magazine. I would not label Caleb a media wh*re, but he is not press shy either, off the top of my head I can recall him talking to People Magazine, US Weekly and the Just Jared blog.

ETA:
* A caveat, US Vogue rarely does couple covers, so on that basis my entire list is ridiculous, but if they did and if Anna was looking to promote something new, I would not rule them out. But if Anna did a couples cover, she will probably go something big like Brad and Angelina, or put the couple on the cover with the female partner will being an excuse to get at the hot male celeb, say Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis.

I would love to see any of the GIRLS in my signature but especially Linda, Christy, & Naomi; The Trinity...
They could actually do a special preview of the upcoming Spring 2012 collections from NY, Paris, Milan, & London
Would like to see them pushing their limits as models with extreme posing and acting showing why they're the epitome of "The Supermodel"

i think karlie deserves a cover...she's been in practically every single issue since she hit it big.

also maybe joan smalls. the country is increasingly hispanic/latin/puerto rican, so having a gorgeous representative like joan could improve sales, or at least spread out into that market.

i think karlie deserves a cover...she's been in practically every single issue since she hit it big.

also maybe joan smalls. the country is increasingly hispanic/latin/puerto rican, so having a gorgeous representative like joan could improve sales, or at least spread out into that market.

I think if they are going to have a multi-model cover again, the three obvious shoe-ins would be Karlie, Joan, & Arizona. I would like to see a cover with 10 models like they did back in 2007 again. I would want Anais M in there, too.

I would love to see Lara Stone on The cover of Vogue US but I am sure that wont happen because Anna is celebrity obsessed. I'd love Natalia Vodianova to get another cover of both Vogue US & Paris.

Lara Stone. I mean, she is also dating a celeb, well a British one. I would just love that and I don't think it's not possible.

Karlie Kloss and Arizona Muse would be possible in the future I guess.
Don't mind it either. Photograph very well and are never boring. And I agree about Heidi Klum, she and Seal. Or her with Michael Kors.

I would love to see models which names are known by everyone in the industry, but that are underrated in terms of Magazines Covers or Eds.

Jac: I think she totally deserves an american vogue cover because of all the attention that she has right now, i know she would ROCK with an american vogue cover, and her beauty is really appreciate by everyone and not only by people in the industry.

Vlada Roslyakova: Because it's my fav model, and despite of all the years working in the industry, i think she has been really underated in terms of vogue covers, she only has like 5 ? And she's really beautiful.

Anna Selezneva: She has unique beaut, and if you complement it well, you could have an exquisite work that would 180º different than what america vogue does right now.

Ajak Deng and Ataui Deng together: Can you imagine an american vogue cover with Ajak and ataui deng working together in it ? God, that would extremely different, and i think maybe it would sell a lot, it would be for once in a while a change in the crappy celebrity mind of the american society, and about what's cool. I think it would really stylish.

a multigirl's cover, with, Daria Webowy, Isabeli Fontana, Raquel Z and Angela, or Malgosia, Carolyn Murphy, Natalia V, Liya, and another one's: Kate Moss, Naomi, Gisele and Claudia!!!
my dream!!!

Thank you for creating this thread - I have thought the following for M-A-N-Y years:

I believe that a formula for grabbing and holding the interest of the 'fashion interested' is this:

Each year is composed of four quarters - with three months to each quarter:

In each quarter - editors and their staff should celebrate with a magazine cover:

1. A new face for the fashion interested - who THEY believe should make it in the fashion industry;

2. A currently popular model;

3. A model from fashion's past - anyone from - for example - the Supermodels of the 1990's to models of the 80's, 70's, 60's ...

For each model cover - an article could be included within the framework of the magazine - including an interview with the model - images of their work - and in the case of the new model that the magazine believes will make it in the industry - areas of industry they would like to work.

This is what I believe should always have been happening with fashion publications. This permits newcomers to gain an education on fashion history and models of the past - to come up to speed on current fashion - and to have a snapshot of where the fashion publications believe or would like to see the industry move.

I have also always thought that fashion magazines should be devoting covers to images of female and male models posing together -

In the instance of a publication such as Vogue - I would be very interested to read a one page "Top Ten Questions" with a male model - along with images of their work.

I think the cover of a magazine belongs to models - in the very manner that I believe the content of the magazine belongs to fashion, designers, models, make-up artists, the set designers, and the photographers who work in the industry.

I want there to be a cover with the current model regulars in the magazine who have never graced the cover, so in order from left-to-right:

Front Page: Aymeline Vilade, Liu Wen, Karlie Kloss, Frida Gustavsonn, Joan Smalls
Second Page: Arizona Muse, Daria Strokous, Anais Poulliot, Nyasha M., Saskia de Brauw
Posted via Mobile Device

My DREAM:crush: american vogue cover would only be of my fave 3 models dressed very sultry, sensual, elegant & chic all in this order:clap::

Karlie Kloss / Jourdan Dunn / Gemma Ward (announcing her eagerly awaited & triuphant return to modeling:buzz:)
Posted via Mobile Device

I actually prefer to see accomplished celebrities on the cover but it's American Vogue so I'd like to see them support American models. I don't want to see the same models that are over-used in all the other Vogues and all the random, interchangeble Slavic faces. I'd put Arizona, Karlie Kloss, Chanel Iman, Jaqueline Jablonski..etc. I'd also go old school with Bridget Hall, Amber Valetta or Kiara Kabukuru. I'd like to see the full spectrum of Americana represented.

For celebrities: Zoe Saldana (way overdue), Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Chastain, The Fannings, Emma Stone or Amber Heard.

You guys do know that YOU have the power to change what is going on and get models back on the cover right? All you have to do is unite and either cancel all subscriptions or absolutely demand that it return to the old days or no one is going to purchase the mag. See how quickly Anna listens when sales start declining...

Anyway here are my choices:

1) Raquel Zimmermann; one of the most versatile and hardest working girls in the industry. I don't believe that there is a single major blue chip brand that has not used her. She also regularly appears in all the big Vogues and collaborates with photographers all the time to do more than just print work/ runways. I can't think of a single model right now doing as much video work as her. Anna Wintour refuses to acknowledge that and give her a cover which is wrong! I'm sure that her rgular appearances in Vogue US eds is because of Grace Coddington who's such a darling!

2) Naomi Campbell; I can't think of any model from that era of supers continuing to work as much as she is. She is perhaps the most famous of them all even if it's not always for the best reasons. She has now taken a different role in fashion as an editor of major magazine and I think that they could show how she has progressed, allow her to really explain the troubles she has faced, how she's doing now and her plans for her future. She's also engaged to a billionnaire and given how strong a woman she is, I'm sure people would like to know how that relationship works.

3) The Trinity; I don't understand how or why there is not yet a book chronicling the lives of these three woman and what they did in the fashion industry. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE would want to ready about their past, the things they got involved in, troubles faced, meltdowns, how they overcame them, what are they doing now, their thoughts on the current group of models and on the industry in general etc...

Tyra Banks: I know her on screen personality may come across as coocoo BUT American Vogue tries to send a message of empowering women in their publication and Tyra embodies that. A model who took risks and chances and made something for herself beyond what was expected of her. She created an empire on her own. understood the need to be educated if she is to successfully grow her company and went back to school even after she was making more than $35 million a year. She obviously has an interest in fashion and in many ways contributes to the growth of that industry. She never had a US Vogue cover and I believe that it is way overdue. Not to mention the fact that she is known worldwide. uncover a rock in the deepest jungle of Africa and I'm sure some organism beneath it will have heard of Tyra Banks.

Karlie Kloss and Joan Smalls; These two i believe are doing something very special in fashion at the moment. Karlie has the personality of an old school supermodel. She is quickly becoming a powerhouse, articulate, confident, not afraid to challenge herself. She is an all american girl and will appeal to both young and older readers with her personality. Joan is doing what no other model of color has been able or allowed to o in a very very long time, and in a really short time span. She is educated, has a great personality, and is stunning! She would appeal to two very different markets (latina and black) but her girl next door, all american personality would also appeal to the white crowd. Only one other model of color has ever fronted a Chanel campaign and that was eons ago. Together I think she and Karlie are both amazing and doing great things for the industry, all without dating anyone famous, out partying all over the place and being divas. Throw in another rising star and you definitely have a new trinity...

Zoe Saldana; Stunning wooman who is very talented and has a great sense of style. She also has a keen interest in fashion and it shows in her outfits. She takes risks and isn't always safe. She also has a personality that one wouldn't expect of someone with such an innocent look and I think the readers of Vogue would be very interested in her.

By the way Anna said herself recently on live tv that she pays no attention to market research and only goes with her gut, this is exactly the reason why she has no idea that we the public who actually purchases the magazine would like to see more models on the cover. No offense to her but going with her "gut" doesn't cut it anymore as she is NOT of the younger generation who are the primary readers of the magazine and doesn't know what we would like to see featured and read... We buy it because 1) the name/brand has selling power on its own. 2) Grace Coddington is literally a saving grace for the magazine 3) We are still somewhat interested in the bland celebs on the cover

It it helps,The Trinity and 90s models are in books already (not their own that I know of but...) I own a few pop culture books from the 90s (Time,People) and they have their own section respectively. :P

I don't know why the 90s Supers are not more frequently used on American Vogue covers anymore. The public surely knows who they are. Christy last had one in 2009 and Linda in 2006 which was nice. I think its more their decision, they're pretty done with modeling it seems. Naomi would be nice. If Kate can get one Naomi should as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->