1940's / Swing era F/W 05.06

Those trousers Cate Blanchette is wearing are very like the ones I am working on for myself right now. That's the kind of high-waist trousers I like. They are every bit as comfortable as low-waist ones, because they are fitted, but not skintight and pinchy, and the loose legs are no trouble whatsoever.

Man, I REALLY like this stuff. I even have some authentic blouses from that era that are in good wearable condition. I'm kind of excited :buzz:

I've been liking clothes from the 1930s through the 1950s since I was a kid. Between the ages of like 12 and 16, I was constantly doodling New-Look-ish coat-dresses and suits in my "design notebook," and a lot of my paperdolls from an earlier time had very 1930s-glamour dresses with big sleeves and mermaid skirts.

As You Like It said:
Maybe I will have a good excuse to wear this little woollen dress this coming fall. I made it ages and ages and ages ago, and even I felt a little conspicuous each time I have worn it.

that dress is absolutely precious, ayli ^_^ may I steal it? :woot:

glad to see this thread being revived ^_^

this swing thing is all over the place.. here Roland Mouret

B)

00010f.jpg

00060f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm last
00280f.jpg

00320f.jpg

mouret still.. from vogue.uk

i love the jacket Stam is wearing there :heart: 1940's/Swing is a style that wont ever go completely out, i dont think

wow, this stuff is just amazing. i noticed the 40s harkening in the mouret stuff and i find it so nostalgic (not that i'm old enough to remember, but you know what i mean) and classic without being already-done feeling.

i disagree, heykitten...i love the dark turq with the patterned tan skirt.

ayli i'd love to see some of your vintage creations...i haven't checked, but did you ever post it in the lookbook thread?

so excited about this look!

this is my style, in many ways. temperly and mouret especially. y'all should see the skirt i'm wearing right now. (wow, now i'm really daydreaming. some style brainstorm is happening in my head).

as you like it, great dress and thanks for the observations and memories. i really admire your creativity and your "eye."

what distinguishes 30s style from 40's style? and does anyone know of a good website where i can educate myself on this kind of thing - style eras?

:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really loved the shapes from that roland mouret collection--I think they're very feminine and celebrate the shape of women's figures

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calvin Stark
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->