1970s-1990s Claude Montana

firstview.com actually has montana shows from spring 1996 up to spring 2003

here are some looks from the spring 2003 collection.

<<edit: actually, i'm going to give this collection its own thread.....>>

Last edited by a moderator:
aww you guys are such dolls! :heart: thanks for the article :flower:

oh i didn't see those posted before bri bri. Those are great! I'm really surprised, there are quite a few shapes in there that I adore and i think that this season was very in tune for '93. Who is the designer there now? Have we figured it out yet?

doh...!! who would've guessed that there's already a thread on mr. montana...by kit... i'm merging now... :flower:

Theres no return...I saw him high off his head in a club on Saturday and the only place left to go is HOME
kit said:
There is a full page advert in the latest Vogue Hommes International of a knitted cotton sweater by ' MONTANA ' !!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Does anyone know whether this marks a return for the man himself , or whether his name has been bought and a collection designed by someone else in his name . :(

I do know that this happened to his women's collection , but even that has disappeared from sight . :unsure:

I'd be grateful for ANY information . :blush:

Regards

KIT

jjj said:
Theres no return...I saw him high off his head in a club on Saturday and the only place left to go is HOME
sad.

It just came to me , LeylaM once said that she knew Wallis Franken , and lunched with her a week before she died .

She said that the situation with Claude was very sad . :cry:

I've got a short Montana retrospective , recorded on video off FTV .

Makes you very depressed to watch it - such a talent to go to waste , as Yves said recently , about Claude .

Last edited by a moderator:
^ My husband met Claude last year. He said he was drunk at 3 in the afternoon and had definitely seen better years, but was very friendly and gracious all the same.

I found a personal blog on the internet where someone laments the death of 'their friend' Wallis Franken who comitted suicide. Apparently they read that Claude was out chasing boys while she was home alone.

PrinceOfCats said:
I found a personal blog on the internet where someone laments the death of 'their friend' Wallis Franken who comitted suicide. Apparently they read that Claude was out chasing boys while she was home alone.

Unfortunately , there's a reference to this conflict in his character in the Gay News - Amsterdam - article that I left a link for above .

Thanks for the info , POC :flower:

where is claude hiding?

Thank´s for all the messages but still no one really has any answers for what the man is doing today and there are no pictures of him to find either.Strange.

^ He lives in Paris and is retired. I haven't seen any recent pictures of him eiether, but my husband said his face now "looks like the surface of the moon."

droogist said:
^ He lives in Paris and is retired. I haven't seen any recent pictures of him eiether, but my husband said his face now "looks like the surface of the moon."

Many thanks for the info , droogist :flower: ( I neglected to give you due recognition for your info yesterday . Sorry :cry: ) .

I remember reading a headline on WGSN to the effect that he had sold his house to the Layani family ( please see my post in the other Montana thread ) , but he would stay on as a ' consultant ' - ( a la Calvin Klein at his house when he sold it to Phillips Van Heusen ) .

Perhaps this is still the case , and that's where his income comes from .

Nonetheless , what a waste of such an amazing talent - Montana , along with Yves Saint Laurent are my all-time favourites . Both fractured souls , but Yves has Pierre Berge to look out for him .

I forgot to add that the rot set in for Claude , when he became overweening in his conceit .
In the 80s and early 90s he was known as ' God ' at the Paris women's PAP .

He deliberately caused havoc at his runway shows , denying access and creating riots outside the venue .

In the middle 90s he did this once TOO often , and in the resulting riot some photographers were injured .

They vowed to blacklist him forthwith , and from then on his shows were boycotted .

MORAL B)

DON'T get too big-headed .
Pride comes before a fall .
The bigger they come , the harder they fall .

Commonly known as ' hubris ' . :cry:

poor claude

thanks for all the clarifying info about the montana-mystery.Now that I know his a kind but ugly,poor alcoholic/drug addict I feel so much better...

I love Claude..; I have this vintage silk jumsuit I found on a vintage store down here, and it's just a dream :heart:

lars said:
thanks for all the clarifying info about the montana-mystery.Now that I know his a kind but ugly,poor alcoholic/drug addict I feel so much better...
what is that?...sarcasm?!?!...how very droll... :rolleyes:

no real news...basically claude is mostly retired at this point... :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->