1997-2001 Givenchy : The Alexander McQueen Years

noonfashion

Reaction score
Dear Friends, I want to find all Givenchy Ready-to-Wear collections.

May be someone of ypu has them

set-72157604312744243

And I have all Haute Couture collections so I try to post them here

Hope it will be interesting for you))

Ah, what a stunning show! I just adore the white dress and the amazing feather cape in post #5, brilliant.

One of my favorite couture collection for McQueen's Givenchy. Explores a lot of different styles, feelings, and emotions, which is true McQueen. I love how understated the mannequins are, it creates this weird intimacy due to the fact that the mannequins themselves are clearly inanimate objects, yet they still move. And the darkness; the fact that you can't see the audience makes it feel like you are included in the viewing...the textures, the dressed, everything is just so right....

Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paErAUjhNUg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow wonderful collection, the first 2 gowns in #4 make me swoon:heart:, such a genius in everything he did:(

great show,but this noting about for Givenchy ,this is just Alexander McQueen show

It looks very McQueen to me too. I maybe just don't know Givenchy well enough to see where he could be taking inspiration from though.
The sheer dress in post 4 looks amazing in the close up photo. And the pieces with the feathers! I love!

great show,but this noting about for Givenchy ,this is just Alexander McQueen show

That's McQueen's struggle at Givenchy. His debut collection received an awful backlash and turned off a lot of Givenchy loyalists.

There's something in it, Riccardo's collection aren't all about Givenchy either.

F/W 98 looks fabulous as well, I love the twisted take on classic chic. And the runway :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->