Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2009

Really like these looks, although I can't help but feel they are perhaps a little inappropriate for a pre-fall collection. Would have been nice if he had done something similar to that of his cruise collection, in that he created very strong wearable pieces with the McQueen DNA, but skipped the theatrics and left it for the spring/summer show. I must say I feel McQueen is lacking a little in direction at the moment. If you look at his brand as a whole it's a bit of a mess, particularly when you go to a store or a concession I find his stuff almost ambiguous and inconsistent. I like the way he has moved on from "enfant terrible" to a credible commercial success without compromising himself one bit, but on the other hand it would appear this process has become a slightly messy one.

^ I agree with you that it's a little inappropriate for a pre-fall collection, especially the gowns, even though I think they're amazing (except the first one that I don't like the volumes).
I don't think it's wrong, just a bit too much... But since we're talking about McQueen, we can predict what he's going to show.

Gosh they are so beautiful! My favorite prefall 09 collection!

^ I agree with you that it's a little inappropriate for a pre-fall collection, especially the gowns, even though I think they're amazing (except the first one that I don't like the volumes).
I don't think it's wrong, just a bit too much... But since we're talking about McQueen, we can predict what he's going to show.
I meant we can't, sorry for my mistake.

WOW!! totally stunned!!!
i expected yet another bland pre-fall and here i find all the strength all the other lacked.
the first dress reminds me of a galliano dress charlize theron once wore to the met gala... but even better, no? Oscar-night dress will it be?

I agree with Thiago that it doesn't seem like a pre-fall collection,but having said that its great. The play on shape around the shoulders :heart:

beautiful collection. although something has to be said for doing something so obviously 19th century-ish.

Beautiful! McQueen rarely fails to impress me... <3 I would totally wear this.

This is my favorite pre-fall collection this year, hopefully we'll get some more pictures from style.com soon.These are very distinctly McQueen and I really have a hard time disliking anything he makes, and although these are a little too much for just pre-fall, what else would you expect? I can't wait to see his fall/winter collection.

The past few collections have been lackluster, the McQ line and now the Target business I've felt have taken away from the core line...

BUT this is ALL superb! I'd wear every piece! Esp. the fur trimmed jacket...that is so sexy. As a rule I'm a sucker for menswear and Mcqueen's tailoring never fails to deliver, I also like how he utilizes embroidery...lovely, lovely, lovely

I am loving McQueen's sardonic interpretations of Victorian & Edwardian high society. Very sly, very sinister.

i am loving these pre-fall collections in general. But this is just beyond...i love the structure in mcqueens pieces.

Has the collection come out yet? Would love to view the collection in full.

Here's the full collection:
01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

(style.com)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads