1997-2001 Givenchy : The Alexander McQueen Years

His Fall 2001 RTW collection must be the hardest thing to find on the internet.. been on the lookout for years with absolutely no results, I remember falling in love with a blue, ballerina-inspired dress worn by Karolina Kurkova (with Mary Janes, I believe).. it was so intriguing at the time that I thought I should find the rest of the show.. and here I am today. :lol:

His collections around 98-99 seemed to have cemented important elements that he'd revisit until his last shows.. the emphasis on the neck, bodysuits. I have to say that seeing him concentrate 100% on his label and break away from such commercial aesthetic was pretty refreshing in the summer of 2002. :heart:

S/S 1997 Haute Couture

F/W 1997 Haute Couture

F/W 1999 Haute Couture

more from RTW S/S 98
first portion is here

firstview.com

I was a tween during this period so I don't know much about it but have always been very curious! Thank you for starting this thread!

Really wish there will be HQs for HC Spring-Summer 1997 and Fall-Winter 1997, the 2 collections are still my top collections till now, the present runway is so boring without him, we really need artistic moments on the runway than so-called "wearability"....I know they are concerning more about the sales figure.....

oh the Golden Years for the Brits in France ! Galliano and McQueen were ruling it, baby !
Can remember all their Couture show. mostly. I used to have (or still have somewhere in my parents garage) all the Givenchy Couture by Galliano and McQueen shows on VHS, from Paris Premiere, Tf1 and FTV.
I really would like to see again the 1998 Couture season by McQueen for Givenchy. The one with the english colons, and amazonians etc. and the one that very "japanese"/annees folles or some sort. I think it was 1998.

Here : Haute Couture SS1998 and Haute Couture FW 1998-1999

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->