2004 CFDA Awards

:heart: selma

it seems like mandy has already worn that dress

I know the pictures have been posted, but I have my own captions...

01f.jpg

Beyonce's "How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days" dress. She may be a fantastic performer, but designing is not her or mommy Beyonce's strong suit. The outfits Destiny's Child wore early in their career are show-toppingly tacky. Then I read Beyonce's own review in Allure and she thought they looked great! :blink:

010f.jpg

I second that she looks like a fool. This "ladylike but quirky" thing is not working. Enough with the tulle skirts and bewilderingly large hairdo's (copying "In the Mood for Love," perhaps?).

05f.jpg

Natalie Portman has a great tan. The heels are from Stella McCartney. The dress is bleh. Move over Zac Posen, New York will embrace new designing talents Derek Lam & Jeffery Chow.

02f.jpg

Dowdy, as is Donna Karan's AW 04 collection.

06f.jpg

Cindrella's ugly, mean step-sisters. They look about 40 y.o. I remembered seeing a picture of their couture debut and thinking that they looked fresh and classier than the Hilton sisters. What happened?

08f.jpg

Michael Kors is the dual winner of the night, taking home both the awards for women's design and men's design. So it is no wonder that many of the attendees showed up in Michael Kors. But these two dresses have the ugliest cut-outs that messed up proportions, even though Aerin Lauder has no figure to speak of in the first place. Put some color on your face, hon'--you're the granddaughter of cosmetic giant Estee Lauder and the vp of marketing of the company.

013f.jpg

Not a bad dress, but the tan is awful. Total arrogance.

014f.jpg

Eve is about as clueless as Beyonce in terms of fashion.

015f.jpg

Glad to see Jacquetta Wheeler taking a break from her studying. She is sorely missed on the runway (by me, at least). The dress is prob. vintage, but the cut of the shoulder reminds me of last season's YSL.

037f.jpg

Just what does Molly Sims have to do with high fashion? The dress is a combo of rugs and table linen. It's really not Michael Kors's better collection, and I am perplexed that he won two awards for this.

034f.jpg

Too casual, and I remember seeing Karolina wearing the dress else where before. The dress she wore to the Costume Institute's gala is amazing though. Never found out who made it.

019f.jpg

Miucia Prada, anti-glitz?

021f.jpg

Not sure why Narciso brings Mrs. Seinfield along with him to recent fashion events. He can do so much better than a socialite (with a notorious post-honeymoon divorce). Plus, the dress is too low-key and almost identical to the Oscar de la Renta number Catherine Zeta Jones wore to the Golden Globes this yr.

030f.jpg
100125688.jpg

Kristen Davis is beautiful and classy when she doesn't try to force camera-ready smile. She looks great here as she did in previous events wearing Lanvin. The dress was worn by Isabeli Fontana on the runway and became the highlight of Michael Kors' western-influenced AW04 collection, even though the collection was more Ralph Lauren than Michael Kors.

028f.jpg

For a designing duo that tries very hard to create the looks of the season, Proenza Schouler is often out of sync with trends. Their high-waisted designs can only be worn by a limited number of body types, and this girl clearly is not one of them.

024f.jpg

I could easily mistake Betsey Johnson for Sarah Jessica Parker. Behnaz Sarafpour seems to be back in her element after a disastrously futuristic SS04 collection.

025f.jpg

Mandy Moore, feeling competitive with skin-baring teen-queen-of-the-moment Lindsay Lohan, maybe? She can do much better than this shapeless, darb-colored dress by the unhip heir to Calvin Klein.

020f.jpg

Grecian is a recycled idea, but she looks good here. One of the best dressed along with Jacquetta Wheeler.

026f.jpg

This dress looked beautiful on the Carolina Herrera spring runway, but certainly not here.

044f.jpg

Lisa Airan's style is overrated. She managed to choose one of the few ugly dresses on the J. Mendel runway.

047f.jpg

Cynthia Rowley in her own design. First we have underfed models; now designers feel compelled to lose weight too.

There are more pictures at Style.com, but most of them are ridiculous & on par with Costume Institute's Gala appearances.

Thanks for all the pics LibertyRose :flower:
I really enjoyed reading ur comments,looking forward to more
of your " fashion inspections " ! :P

Selma's dress is refreshingly cute! :flower:

Caroline Murphy is one of the best dressed at this event in my opinion!

Mandy Moore
looks awesome, she NEVER looks bad! :shock: I am so used to seeing her look perfect, it's getting boring! :P

I love Alek's dress, flattering cut! She looks great!

Eve, Sarah Jessica Parker, Karolina, Kristin Davis and Beyonce could have done sooooo much better. They all look awfull :sick: !

I :heart: Karolina's outfit...

I don't know what to say about Andre except :sick: ...

I also :heart: Melania's outfit..

Selma Blair's dress is Isaac Mizrahi Couture.

zac posen's suit is :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

narciso is so tiny he's adorable :heart:

susan sarandon needs to wear a bra, SUSAN YOU ARE DROOPING!!! that looks so bad, she did the same thing at the golden globes, looks like she is wearing a nightgown, get some support!!!

in a strange way i sort of like sjp....the hair is too similar to the ballet event she just attended though.... i just like her.

heidi just had a baby give her a break, i think she looks great! i ilike mrs seinfelds dress, love it!

:wub: with tom ford...but that goes without saying. and i like that sjp continually surprises but never looks inappropriate...i love that anna wintour will only wear couture to these big events...i love eve's hair but paired with that dress is a bit much. michael kors had a big night...is he the new king of cool?...i think most women who wore his frocks looked flawless. natalie portman finally looks gorgeous in a zac posen...the past few times she seems like she's just been doing him a favor...she actually is legitimately sexy in this dress (i would chase after her if i saw her in VIP)....but i think the big follies of the evening were the men....what exactly was zac posen wearing? he actually looks more out of place than andre leon talley which would take the beleagered work of several to pull off :blink: ...ALT looks like a clown loosed from the circus (or was it court jester he was going for) and i am bored with hamish bowles...but best dressed (and by best dressed i mean not-trying-to-look-good-but-do) is a tie between mandy moore and melania knauss :clap:

natalie portman finally looks gorgeous in a zac posen...the past few times she seems like she's just been doing him a favor...she actually is legitimately sexy in this dress (i would chase after her if i saw her in VIP)

i have to disagree with this, mikeijames. I think she looked best in this posen creation at the VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards a few years back. Love the red with the white chain Manolos.

love that dress! I actually love her in most of the Posen she has worn.

i have to disagree that beyonces mum was echoing on calvin or versace. I mean if pple can mistake it for a calvin or versace then it means that these two designers also have similar designs. i think she just used satin in a shade that we have seen before otherwise i think her daughter looked good and i applaud her for wearing her mum's design instead of some other frock!AMEN

BTW THE FACT THAT YOU SAID THAT SJP LOOKED LIKE A FOOL REALLY CRACKED UP MANY PEEPS HERE!IF YOU THINK OF IT SHE ACTUALLY DID!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->