2004 Screen Actors Guild Awards

Originally posted by Belowen@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 10:50 pm
I think LOTR deserved it, the cast put in great efforts to make that film, and this being the third installment - it's about time they get recognition :heart:
I agree, and I think they're bound to win some major ones at the Oscars. Perhaps even best picture...? :innocent:

evan rachel wood looks really good. hmm...isn't she only 16?

nudge nudge.

jennifer garner looks good too. mmm

Originally posted by Belowen@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 9:40 pm
Liv presenting
i almost thought that it was lisa loebe (?)!!!
it's the glasses. but she looks pretty.

Depp, Theron Win SAG Acting Honors
33 minutes ago

By DAVID GERMAIN, AP Movie Writer

LOS ANGELES - Johnny Depp (news) was a surprise lead actor winner Sunday at the Screen Actors Guild (news - web sites) Awards for "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," while Charlize Theron (news) took the best-actress honor for the serial-killer drama "Monster."

Depp, who did not attend the awards, won for his role as a jittery buccaneer in the summer blockbuster, beating out Sean Penn (news), who had been considered the favorite for "Mystic River."

Theron won for her portrayal of executed murderer Aileen Wuornos, a role for which the actress gained 30 pounds and obscured her cover-girl beauty behind false teeth, dark contact lenses and a splotchy complexion.

"I'm so honored and proud to be an actor, 'cause God knows, I don't know what else to do," said Theron, a native of South Africa. She thanked her cast mates and director Patty Jenkins, along with "my angel and my date tonight, my mom, who put me on the plane with a one-way ticket to Hollywood when I was 19 years old. Thank you for being so brave and letting me go to make my dreams come true."

The supporting acting awards went to Tim Robbins (news) for the brooding drama "Mystic River" and Renee Zellweger (news) for the Civil War saga "Cold Mountain."

The ensemble acting award, the guild's equivalent of a best-picture prize, went to "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," the front-runner to win the top honor at next Sunday's Academy Awards (news - web sites).

The SAG wins boost the individual actors' Oscar prospects. Theron, Robbins and Zellweger have been viewed as front-runners through awards season, and guild honors provide one last push among Oscar voters, who must cast their ballots by the end of the day Tuesday.

Robbins won for his role as a man emotionally crippled by childhood trauma and suspected of murder as an adult in "Mystic River."

"Oh, boy. That's so cool. Susan's got one of these," Robbins said, referring to his romantic partner Susan Sarandon (news), who won the guild's 1996 lead-actress honor for "Dead Man Walking," which Robbins directed. "I'm going to get them alone in a dark room and see what happens."

Zellweger, who won the guild's lead-actress award last year for "Chicago," was honored this time as a salt-of-the-earth Confederate handywoman in "Cold Mountain." She thanked co-stars Nicole Kidman (news) and Jude Law (news) and director Anthony Minghella (news).

"I was spoiled for riches on this experience," Zellweger said. "It was such an honor to go to work every day beside you."

Among the guild's TV awards, "Sex and the City" won for comedy-acting ensemble on the same night the series ended its six-year run. The cast won the same prize two years ago, while star Sarah Jessica Parker (news) won the comedy-actress honor in 2001.

"You guys have been incredibly generous to us over the course of the show," said co-star Kristin Davis (news), who accepted the award with cast mates Kim Cattrall (news) and Cynthia Nixon (news). "And so many of you have come to act with us. We've had more good-looking men on our show. ...

"We will all miss you so much."

Other comedy TV honors went to Megan Mullally (news) for "Will & Grace" and Tony Shalhoub (news) for "Monk."

Kiefer Sutherland (news) of "24" and Frances Conroy of "Six Feet Under" won for best dramatic actor and actress. "Six Feet Under" also was honored for best acting ensemble in a drama.

"Angels in America" earned Meryl Streep (news) and Al Pacino (news) the acting awards for a TV movie or miniseries.

Guild nominees were chosen by 4,200 randomly selected union members. The union's full membership of 98,000 was eligible to vote for winners.

The guild presented its lifetime achievement award to 91-year-old Karl Malden, an Academy Award winner as supporting actor for "A Streetcar Named Desire."

Wow, Johnny winning will be a shock for a few people! :o

Everyone was saying Sean Penn, critics Bill Murray, a few Ben Kingsly... no one was expecting him to win. :o

Naomi, Renee, Charlize, Liv and Evan Rachel Wood look good. Renee looked better than that picture makes it seem.

Why does Renee keep wearing the same, black, strapless dress. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love black and strapless, but I'm getting tired of it.

Originally posted by lucy@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 12:06 am
Why does Renee keep wearing the same, black, strapless dress. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love black and strapless, but I'm getting tired of it.
Yes, she looks dull as always. And while I like tousled hair, she looks like she threw her hair back in a ponytail to go jogging.

I prefer Kristen Davis's purple dress. It's a lovely cut. :heart:

Originally posted by Belowen@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 11:11 pm
Wow, Johnny winning will be a shock for a few people! :o
not me :wink:

i'm SO happy!!

EDIT:
509.gif

OMG!!!!!!!! Catherine zeta jones is wearing Halle'a dress :shock:

Charlize looks amazing
where are the johnny pics?

johnny didn't attend :cry:

omg this just mean's "I" could win the oscar!!! AHHHH!! what am i going to wear?!!

he's impossible to find though
i blagged myself into a party because he was supposed to be there and i was DYING to see him.........i got in ok......but he wasnt even there :lol:

Renee and Charlize look good...it's nice to see Catherine Zeta Jones not wearing black. She looks like she lost weight.

I know! I almost didn't recognize Catherine Zeta Jones. She looks younger and fresher with the loose hair and gold dress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->