80's Fashion

The_Jones

Reaction score
hey guys!
long time no see.

Well I know the 80's trend is basically over but I just wanted to ask you guys where you seen it the most. What collections had it in their shows. Basically where do you see it evident in fashion?

Im doing a project but i cant find anything today that is screaming 80's. maybe because im looking at the new collections? Can anybody help me out with links/designers who have expressed some form of the 80's in their collections or even some trends that are really 80's chic.

thanks in advance!:flower:

from a fashion point of view...80s fashion is hideous and always was hideous...yeah the spring 2007 shows had much less 80s references...hopefully they will disappear by fall but they were there alright, LANVIN , michael kors , Dior, Proenza schouler and luella bartley had big 80s references.

i actually think 80's influlences are bigger than ever...

^ Absolutely. Volume, shapes, layering, mood...

People tend to forget that there were also more sophisticated sides to the 80's, like in any decade, and not just tights, colourful plastic jewellery and so on...

You have a a wide spectrum of styles and different levels of style in any decade, even though some elements pop out as "defining".

yeah its BIG now , but its been so over done past seasons for fall , im hoping they will move on . Yeah maybe they are a few things , like flashdance sweatshirts ( i like em) , but leggings, shoulder pads, stir up pants, and power dressing was gross...along with 90%o of the other 80s fashion.

i think that the flashy 'obvious' stuff is mostly past us...
i think we are on to a more elegant phase of 80's style...as tott mentioned....

the flat boots you see everywhere are a perfect example...
the paperbag waists the big belts....

i think that a lot of people don't even realize how much of the stuff they are wearing is 80's influenced...:P

*stirrup pants...as in a stirrup on a saddle- these are meant to be worn with ankle boots...(another big 80's trend we are seeing all over the place now!)
and they look great that way...it's when people wear them wrong that they look bad....
which unfortunatelly happens all too often...:lol:..

but there are SO many style shows and magazines now that i really see more and more people getting it right than ever before...
it's kind of astonishing how many more well-dressed people there are nowadays...
maybe style CAN be taught!...

:lol:...

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ The flat boots and paperbag waists are perfect examples!

But I wore those superflat boots in the 80's and though they look great, they feel too dated to me personally; I feel like I look like I'm trying to stay young if I wear them. Not for me, I already did that... :P

tott said:
^^ The flat boots and paperbag waists are perfect examples!

But I wore those superflat boots in the 80's and though they look great, they feel too dated to me personally; I feel like I look like I'm trying to stay young if I wear them. Not for me, I already did that... :P

i feel ya baby...
i like the way everyone else looks in them...but they are all in their 20's..
i find myself in heels most everyday now....:unsure:^_^

i knew some-one would say that, how awfully clever.:P

I should have said: In recent times, most of my wardrobe from what i can remember has alway have elements of the 80's in in.. it never really went away.

Its been around for so long now, its almost like a style in its own right.lol.

softgrey said:
:lol:....

1979...???...:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :wink:

Flat boots... like Zodiac? I forgot all about those!

Yeah, I don't think I can wear them again.

The skinny black jeans, converse and short hair, though... I wore them then, wear them now. But now without the white button front shirt and skinny tie. :D

z-z-z-zodiac!!...:rofl:....
loeffler randall is doing a great rip off of l.j.simone who did them in the 80's...:wink:
*tip- if you spot lj simone in a thrift store ---grab them!!...

skinny tie is another good one...:lol:...
i still have all of mine...

i consider all metal studded footwear to be 80's retro...:P

I have been seeing 80s influence everywhere I go lately.
-The leggings and long sweaters and slouch boots
-skinny jeans
-cowl neck sweaters
-curly hair and bangs
-headbands
-bubble skirts
-paperbag waists

They are all eighties :P

Personally, I am hoping the minimilism of the 90s will come back. I also love all the 60s jackets in the stores lately.
But, I have to admit I couldn't pass up this pair of slouch boots:
boots.JPG

yeah......i love flashdance tops...but someone told me people were wearing those in the late 70s...lol...but yeah..well the 80s have been influencing fashion for the past 5 years , as this decade draws to a close the 70s/90s influence will be the next thing...

disco54 said:
... leggings, shoulder pads, stir up pants, and power dressing was gross...along with 90%o of the other 80s fashion.

agreed. shoulder pads should never ever come back, that was the ugliest thing to put on a woman's body :ninja:

I was 8 or 9 years old when all these were fashionable and weren't allowed to wear any of it (I'm now saying thank god :innocent: ) and seeing it coming back felt really weird. Hopefully the hair and make-up of the 80s will forever remain there :ninja:

Im a proud child of the 80's. I love seeing all the 80's styles coming back because it was such a fun carefree time for me & those styles just make me happy. The thing is its not the same...its 80's style UPDATED which is really cool & more wearable for now. Alot of it is more for people in their teens/20s but Im still finding things for me like the paperbag waist trousers & bubble skirts... love.

Beatnik Chic said:
The make-up is great.. the hair stays in the 80's.........

different people, different tastes. i personally find the make-up too much, too loud

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->