A Tribute to the 90s Supermodels

Oh my god - I forgot all about rachael williams - loved here in the late 80's - such a wide, cool face!

For the Canadians out there.....do you remember Monika Schanare (spelling). Won supermodel of the world when she was 14. she turned out a little frightening looking though

cindy crawford & pam anderson were in las vegas a week ago saturday at 'the ultimate fighting championship presents the light heavyweight championship of the world' at the mgm grand.
do you know what ultimate fighting is? it's been called 'legalized cockfighting.'
is cindy crawford so desperate for money that she takes money from ultimate fighting to appear at an event in las vegas? and what is pam anderson doing next to cindy crawford? pam is supposed to be a PETA spokesperson? cindy takes money from blackglama fur. taking money from ultimate fighting. that is about as degrading as it gets.

Petit Lucille said:
How about Ana Claudia Michels?? She was a must of the 90's!

She was a great model in the late 90's, but she is not a "supermodel".

For me "supermodels" are: Christy, Linda, Naomi, Cindy, Claudia, Kate and Gisele.

Next there are other gils that was/are great, but not "supermodels": Helena, Karen Mulder, Karen Elson, Carla Bruni, Amber, Carmen, Liya, Eva, Stella, Karolina, Stephanie Seymour, Nadja and Natalia Vodianova.

Maybe in a couple of years: Daria, Gemma and Isabeli.

Hi, if you are a really early 90's Supermodels fan then you gotta see this video, http://simplythebest-cindy.com/hosgiorgiodisantangelo91ss.avi it's just amazing,Cindy Crawford interviewing Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, Gail Elliot, Yasmin LeBon and Veronica Webb for Mtv, you can also see a very elegant Christy Turlington.

sup11ji.jpg

and woww!, Cindy's body is just fantastic, that's what a call a statueque body, when you finally end to see the video you realize why those girls were Superstars and why the models of today are just ghosts without name. it's all about personality and Star appeal.

sup26zf.jpg

Was Kristen McMenamy ever considered a big model?

Here's a picture of her and Linda Evangelista, I think this is the most beautiful Linda Evangelista has ever looked to me.

elgort_6_b.jpg

Hana_N said:
Was Kristen McMenamy ever considered a big model?

Here's a picture of her and Linda Evangelista, I think this is the most beautiful Linda Evangelista has ever looked to me.

oh yes!, 10 years ago Kristen was a sensation along with Kirsty, Trish, Shalom Nadja and Amber. at that time she was basic on every Chanel and Gianni Versace runway.

Great Linda picture, whos the girl beside her? Shalom?

Last edited by a moderator:
So strong, so feminine, so outstanding! I miss them like hell! Those were real women, cretures who wooozed the sexual power of women!

didnt karen have some problems, with depression, eating, mental disturbances?

anyway, i dont necessarily think that certain people on here are "clinging" to the old models (or maybe they are) but there is no denying that the models of the 80s/90s had so much of an impact, way more than todays models do and ever will.
10 yrs ago, everyone knew who claudia, cindy, linda, kate, etc were, everyone - women, men, teens. now unless you ask someone who gemma is, they wont know unless they keep up with fashion, etc. models today, while some are beautiful, dont have the quality of the originals, and lack that a certain personality, and who really cares about them that much?

i grew up after all these models but i think the modelling industry was so much more interesting then. they all looked different and had great, womanly bodies...i mean, don't get me wrong, the new models are nice but they all look much more similar and you don't really find out much about their personality from the shoots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->