A Tribute to the 90s Supermodels

Thanks!

Longest, latest Bazaar shoot in history. Didn't start on cover til 1am & got home at 4, but utterly worth it. One more day to go...
LucyBazaar

modelina.com

Pondering the Duran Duran Supermodel Cast!

As we anxiously await Naomi Campbell’s latest iteration of brilliance, the supermodel filled music video for Duran Duran, Modelinia will ponder the cast!

We already know that clearly both Naomi and Yasmin Le Bon will be involved, but this expression of creativity is sure to include more than a few famous faces. While we’re hoping for a full revival of the Freedom cast, including Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Tatjana Patitz, Cindy Crawford, we’re expanding our wish list to include a few more beauties, one of which is obviously Kate Moss.

But while we hold our breath and wish for the video’s release date to quickly arrive, here’s a bit of information to tide us over. Cindy has confirmed her involvement! The super Tweeted, “On the set for a Duran Duran video in London with the band and some of the original supermodels!”

Though the shoot was originally thought to take place in the South of France, Cindy clearly name drops the city of London for her destination. Could this be a multi-city experience? Here’s hoping for some major supermodel musical moments! With Naomi, we’d expect nothing less.

^Aww at Cindy's tweet! I can't wait to see the video and whatever else they decide to do together.

Hey guys the Supermodels need some more votes! I think you can vote for more than one.

VOGUE'S DAILY FASHION DEBATE: Cindy, Claudia, Naomi, Linda, Gisele… Who is your all-time favourite supermodel​?
http://www.facebook.com/VogueUK

Oh whatta great thread! Despite of the "usual" top 10 of the 90 with Claudia, Linda, Cindy etc. there had also been a 2nd generation of supermodels and a couple of those have not been mentioned yet which is astonishing since their look rather fits today's taste i.e. Shalom Harlow and Amber Valetta. You add Trish Goff, still Nadja and Kate and also Kristen McMenamy. That was the second generation. Glad that Kristen is back - fabulous as ever! Oh and not to forget Guinevere van Seenus. I might be wrong but from what I remmeber she got discovered by Elite L.A. and none of the other Elite agencies accepted her. Then she ended up with the early IMG and they really made her bigtime. And her comebacks are legendary - if there is A chameleon in the industry then it is her. :smile:
Or maybe I should call the above generation the 3rd generation of supermodels.
1st generation of the 90ies: Claudia, Linda, Cindy, Christy, Naomie etc.
2nd genration of the 90ies: Nadja, Karen, Kate, Laeticia etc.
3rd generation of the 90ies: Shalom, Amber, Trish, Kristen, Georgina Grenville, Kate etc.
Last generation of the 90ies: Heidi, Gisele, again Kate LOL etc.
The nineties were simply the best years in the industry!

^ There was a first thread and those other models were often featured. :flower:

Another day at Studio Demarchelier circa'94

sammcknight1 twitter

^^Kate,Laeticia 2nd uhmm interesting list. Several were left out. Plus those in the '1st' were still around,large & in charge after the others came and mostly went. Everyone has their own take on this thing pretty interesting...so many cool girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephanie Seymour, Veronica Webb, Niki Taylor, Yasmeen Ghauri, Carla Bruni, Beverly Peele, Heather Stewart-Whyte and Claudia Mason. Photo Source:Globe,Eyedea,Soulstyle
taylor_1.jpg

mason_2.jpg

wow it just goes to show you how huge they were having their own dolls! gotta say they got Karen the best.

^Karen had that look.
Carre Otis, Nadege, Daniela Pestova, Elaine Irwin, Emma Sjoberg, Lana Ogilvie, Brenda Schad, Susan Holmes and Eva Herzigova. Photo Source:PA,Getty,Soulstyle

Meghan Douglas, Greta Cavazzoni, Kiara Kabukuru, Valeria Mazza, Kirsty Hume, Brandi Quinones, Bridget Hall, Milla Jovovich, Ines Sastre and Chrystele. Photo Source:Advertising Archives,Soulstyle,Reuters

models_1.jpg
models_10.jpg

Aww, thanks for posting the Supers Hasbro dolls. I used to have Claudia's and Karen's (Naomi's wasn't sold anywhere, just like the black Barbies weren't sold in my country back in the 90's :ninja:). I still regret not keeping them they were awesome, especially the dresses :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->