A Tribute to the 90s Supermodels

wow it just goes to show you how huge they were having their own dolls! gotta say they got Karen the best.
Karen has the best doll because she's a real-life Barbie doll herself.
I used to dislike her for that very reason, but now I worship her perfection.

Karen has the best doll because she's a real-life Barbie doll herself.
I used to dislike her for that very reason, but now I worship her perfection.

Sad what she did to her face now, she isn't even recognizable.

Were there more of those Chanel Beauty ads from 1998 with Kirsty Hume? I just love the one posted in #394.

yeah Karen looked so much like a Barbie doll.

and wow Greta Cavazzoni looks stunning! I didn't know about her.

Aww, thanks for posting the Supers Hasbro dolls. I used to have Claudia's and Karen's (Naomi's wasn't sold anywhere, just like the black Barbies weren't sold in my country back in the 90's :ninja:). I still regret not keeping them they were awesome, especially the dresses :woot:
Whoa fascinating tidbit about my girl Naomi's doll:blink:. Good to know they have mellowed...since its just a doll! BTW,the dolls are quite collectible!

Were there more of those Chanel Beauty ads from 1998 with Kirsty Hume? I just love the one posted in #394.
I never collected her's so I only have these handy now...not as cool as the 1st. Photo Source: Advertising Archives

^Thanks! Yeah they're not as stunning as the other one but the Allure one is a total classic as well, love it :heart:

And yes, it's a shame about the dolls. I'd see the black ones in the Barbie TV commercials and such and when I asked about them in stores they kept telling me those were only available in the US :rolleyes:
How much do you think the dolls are worth now? Maybe my mom still has my Karen and Claudia ones somewhere, I noticed she secretly kept lots of my dolls that I left behind when I moved out :lol:

^Hilarious...I know Naomi's doll was sold in countries outside of the US but I know how it is in retail...say anything to get you out of their hair:lol:. Sweet story about your mom:heart:! I bet she has the dolls all shined up with Clorox wipes! I would ask her about them.

Various super dolls 1990-94. Photo Credits:Eyedea,Soulstyle,Globe

90_94_9.jpg
90_94_10.jpg

Continued....1995-1999. Photo Credits:Getty,Soulstyle,Angeli

This thread is always good for pure, out-of-this world pulchritude. When you see what gets called 'stunning' these days, it's much needed.

super rare outtake of this classic pic :woot:

Edwynn Houk Gallery is pleased to announce our representation of the Herb Ritts Foundation in Europe with an exhibition of photographs drawn from the estate’s collection. The show will take place from 8 September through 29 October 2011.
spzlg0.jpg

houkgallery.com via jOEh

many more rares of the Supers here: http://www.houkgallery.com/exhibitions/2011-09-08_herb-ritts/all/

Thanks to Michelabella and OMIFAN9 for your Posts. Picures were a Blast from the Past.

Katharine Hamnett 1991: "Weekend in Paris" (1991)
Model: Naomi Campbell
Director: Ellen von Unwerth

julia0808 @ youtube via home.frognet.net/~mcfadden/evu/Ellen_von_Unwerth

hello guys...sorry for the stupid question, but can anyone give me the url for the soulstyle site? I see so many cool pictures from there, but I tried googling it and came up with nothing relating to fashion!! Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->