Achieving Award Show/Red Carpet Looks

As an Avon ambassador, Witherspoon received the royal treatment at the Golden Globes with a spectacular look created for her by her makeup artist using Avon products.
How to Do It
1: Perfect skin with Magix Tinted Face Perfector in Medium and Ideal Shade Concealer in Light Medium.
2: Smoke out eyes using True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte, followed by Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Cosmic Brown along lash line. Coat lashes with Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Mascara in Black.
3: Dust cheeks with True Color Blush in Classic Aura.
4: Give lips a natural luster with Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Never So Nude.

people

Attachments

• reese-witherspoon.jpg
    reese-witherspoon.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1
JULIA'S SULTRY LOOK

For Roberts'sgorgeous Golden Globes glow, makeup artist Genevieve played up a dramatic eye and neutral pout using Lancôme products.
How to Do It
1: Apply Bienfait Multi Vital Teinté over face and then Color Design Cream Blush in Petticoat Pink to cheeks.
2: Line eye with Le Crayon Khol in Black Ebony. Apply several coats of Definicils Pro Mascara in Black.
3: Line lips with Le Lipstique Lip Liner in Natural Mauve. Fill in with L'Absolu Rouge in Coquette.
4: Top lip color with Juicy Tubes in Hallucination.

people

Attachments

• julia2.jpg
    julia2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
DREW'S GLAMOUR

"The overall look was simple and classic," says makeup artist Debra Ferullo of the Golden Globes look she gave Barrymore . "Her dress was so amazing that I didn’t want the makeup to compete, so I selected warm tones for a natural, soft look."
How to Do It
1: Even complexion with Dior Skinflash Primer and DiorSkin Nude Foundation.
2: Define eyes using CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast in Bronze Fire and CoverGirl LashBlast Length Mascara.
3: Dust cheeks with CoverGirl Simply Ageless Blush in Plush Peach.
4: Complete the look with Dior Addict Lipstick in Hollywood Rose #753.

people

Attachments

• drew-barrymore.jpg
    drew-barrymore.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
FERGIE'S GLOW

The Black Eyed Peas singerwas radiant on the Golden Globes red carpet in a look created by Ronit Shapow using Yves Saint Laurent makeup.
How to Do It
1: Even complexion using Perfect Touch Radiant Foundation #5.
2: Brighten bridge of nose and cheekbones with Touche Eclat #2.
3: Apply lots and lots of false lashes, topped with Mascara Singulier in black.
4: Define lips with Rouge Volupte #2, topped with Golden Gloss.

people

Attachments

• fergie.jpg
    fergie.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1
KATE'S GLAMOROUS GAZE

Makeup artist Jillian Dempsey played up Winslet'sstunning Yves Saint Laurent gown with a coordinating navy eye and glowing complexion.
How to Do It
1: Apply Armani Luminous Silk Foundation all over face.
2: Highlight cheeks with Avon Be Blushed in Blushing Nude and Benefit That Gal brightener.
3: Line eye with Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Kohl Eye Liner in Navy. Add several coats of Lancôme "Hypnose Mascara" in Excessive Black.
4: Create a matte lip with Serge Lutens Lipliner and Lancôme "L'Absolu Rouge" in Rich Cashmere.

people

Attachments

• kate-winslet.jpg
    kate-winslet.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
"I wanted to create a soft natural look on Christina to complement her gown and new haircut," says Kristofer Buckle who used Nars Cosmetics on the pop star. “The final look is chic and seamless, with an earthy colored smoky eye and glowing skin"
How to Do It
1: Apply Firming Foundation to face and set with Pressed Powder.
2: Using India Song Duo Eyeshadow, sweep the light shadow across the lid. Use the darker shade to highlight the outer corner of the lid. Define the lower lash line with the rich brown shadow from the Cordura Duo Eyeshadow. Finish with Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara.
3: Apply Orgasm Illuminator to cheekbones, décolletage and shoulders and Mata Hari Blush to the apple of cheeks and browbone.
4: Line lips with Fantasia Lipliner Pencil followed by Niagara Lipstick.

people

Attachments

• christina-aguilera.jpg
    christina-aguilera.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1
CHRISTINA'S RED-HOT POUT

Makeup artist Vanessa Scali created Hendricks's "effortless and chic" Golden Globes look – pink milk-maid cheeks and a siren-red pout – using Shu Uemura products.
How to Do It
1: Apply Égérie Satin Radiant Stick in Blush to the apple of checks. Switch to Radiant Stick in Highlight all over eye and to the tops of cheekbones.
2: Elongate lash line with Drawing Pencil in Black. Line the inside rim of the eye with Eye Light White.
3: Add Flare false lashes in Black and finish with a coat of Ultimate Expression Mascara.
4: Apply Rouge Unlimited #134 to lips.

people

Attachments

• christina-hendricks.jpg
    christina-hendricks.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
“We took the Veronica Lake regal, smooth, classic Hollywood look and gave it a modern but glamorous twist. We kept the warmth and added a little edge.” — Robin Fredriksz
Robin started off by applying CHANEL Soft Touch Eye Shadow in Sand in the crease of the lids, and lining the entire eye with CHANEL Intense Eye Pencil in Noir. To make Cameron’s striking blue eyes pop even more, Robin applied several coats of CHANEL Inimitable Mascara in Noir. As Cameron has loved a red lip lately, Robin lined her lips with CHANEL Lip Definer in Rouge, and applied the perfect true red lip shade – CHANEL Rouge Coco in Gabrielle. She used the same shade of lip colour as a blush, dabbing a bit on the apples of the cheeks. Her nails were painted with CHANEL Nail Colour in Lotus Rouge, a flattering shade perfect for the red carpet.

temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_camerondiaz001.jpg
    oscars_camerondiaz001.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1
Demi Moore was a complete vision at the Academy Awards, from her dusty rose Versace gown to her easy updo to her softly dramatic makeup. Celebrity makeup artist Jo Strettell did the beauty honors for the always-stunning Demi.
For Demi’s complexion, Jo mixed two Giorgio Armani foundations—Luminous Silk Foundation and Lasting Silk UV SPF 34 Compact Foundation—and swept YSL Touche Éclat under the eyes and around the nose. Lancôme’s Blush Subtil in Rose Fresque, just on the apples of the cheeks, brightened her complexion.
Jo created the soft, smoky eye with Lancôme Color Design Eye in Ciel du Soir on the lid and Color Design Eye in Honeymoon as a highlight from right above the lid to the brow bone and on the inner corner of the eyes. Lancôme’s Le Crayon Khôl in Gris Noir lined the eyes and Jo softened the look by smudging the line.
The lashes were curled with a Shu Uemura lash curler, followed by several coats of Lancôme Hypnôse Drama in Excessive Black on the top lashes and Ôscillation Mascara in Black to the lower lashes. For Demi’s lips, the combination of Lancôme’s L’Absolu Rouge in Rich Cashmere and Juicy Tubes in Spring Fling created a pretty, nude lip that had just enough pop.

temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_demimoore001.jpg
    oscars_demimoore001.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 0
Lancôme abassador Kate Winslet looked resplendent at the Academy Awards yesterday, clad in an Yves Saint Laurent gown and bold jewelry from Tiffany & Co. Kate’s long-time makeup artist, Jillian Dempsey, topped off the look with soft, ethereal makeup. Both the eyes and the lips got equal attention on this Oscar winner. Shimmering, champagne-pewter shades highlighted the eyes, while very saturated mascara delivered that extra definition. A pop of pink blush on her cheeks gave Kate just a hint of a natural flush. Jillian topped off the look with nude-pink lips.
  • EYES: Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Kohl Eyeliner in Black, Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara in Excessive Black, Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Blushing Raisins (using the Raisin shade for definition), Lancôme Brow Expert in Naturel
  • FACE & CHEEKS: Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20, Lancôme Photôgenic Lumessence Foundation, Lancôme Dual Finish Powder Foundation, Shu Uemura Blush in Pink 30
  • LIPS: Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in Rich Cashmere, Lancôme Color Fever Gloss in Hotness
temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_katewinslet001.jpg
    oscars_katewinslet001.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 1
For Queen Latifah’s Oscar’s look I decided to go with a plum smoky eye, soft mauve lip and bronzed skin. Queen Latifah’s wardrobe was a beautiful, custom-designed lavender gown.
I used a foundation brush to apply COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Liquid Makeup in Warm Caramel and set it with COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Pressed Powder in Brown Bronze.
For Queen Latifah’s eyes, I started by applying COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Pressed Powder in Brown Bronze 1 to the brow bone. I do this to achieve a more natural look to the brow bone. Secondly, I used COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Purple Plume on the entire lid from the lash line to the inner crease. I then used COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Onyx Smoke in the inner crease to blend up on the brow bone. For depth and intensity, I used COVERGIRL Outlast Smoothwear All Day Eyeliner in Onyx on the inner bottom eyelid. To give lashes the oomph that most women crave, I applied COVERGIRL LashBlast Length Waterproof Mascara in Very Black.
For Queen Latifah’s lips, I wanted to compliment the plum eye by doing a beautiful mauve lip to balance out the various purple hues of the entire look. To start I used a base coat of MAC Lipstick in Midimauve and then lined her lips with Kevyn Aucoin Flesh Tone Lip Pencil in Deep. I recommend rubbing your lips together after lining lips to blend the line. I added luster and shine to Queen’s lips by applying a dab of COVERGIRL ShineBlast Lip Gloss in Aglow.
To complete Queen’s look I used CARGO Blush in Siena on the apples of her cheekbones for a hint of color and glow. To complete the overall look I used COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Bronzer in Brown Bronze for a soft and subtle glow on her upper cheekbones, forehead, nose, neck and collar bone.

temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_queenlatifah001.jpg
    oscars_queenlatifah001.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 0
We chose our colour palette based on the water colour look of Rachel’s dress. There was a wash of cool tones in the dress, blue, green, purple, pink so we wanted the eye, cheek and lips to all have this same water colour sheerness to it.” — Kayleen McAdams
For Rachel’s eyes, Kayleen used a combination of grey and pink shades. On the lid, she used CHANEL Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow in Fountain. She kept the grey on the outer corners of the lid and underneath the eye. She used the rose gold shade in the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Spices up to the brown bone and along the lid. To finish it off, Kayleen used CHANEL Soft Touch Eye Shadow in Slate in the inner corners of the eye, and followed up with two coats of CHANEL Inimitable Mascara in Noir. She kept the lips very simple with CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Rose Comete, a beautiful light pink shade, and a bit of CHANEL Glossimer in Futile to accentuate the lips but keep the focus on the eyes.

temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_rachelmcadams001.jpg
    oscars_rachelmcadams001.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 3
“Based on her dress, I wanted to create an ethereal movie-star look. I kept the cheekbones high and highlighted with the NARS Enchanted Cream Blush for a soft and supportive look.” –Matthew Vanleeuween for NARS Cosmetics
Jennifer Lopez wore the following products to achieve a soft, yet radiant look:
  • Orgasm illuminator
  • Enchanted Cream Blush (NEW for Summer 2010; try Gueule de Nuit Cream Blush for a similar effect)
  • Desire Blush
  • Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (NEW for Summer 2010, Available May 1st)
  • D. Gorgeous Single Eyeshadow
  • Brousse Duo Eyeshadow
  • Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
  • Cruising Lipstick
  • Sweet Dreams Lip Gloss
temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_jenniferlopez001.jpg
    oscars_jenniferlopez001.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 2
“Tonight was Sandra’s big night and she was in a happy, ethereal mood. I wanted her to look like the true movie star she is, so we went with modern classy Hollywood – dewy skin, soft eyes, and a bold classic red lip.” — Angela Levin
Angela prepped Sandra’s skin with CHANEL Sublimage Fluid. She then used a foundation brush to apply CHANEL Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Fluid Makeup in Shell all over the face. Angela created a structured brow with the soft brown powder in the limited edition Les Regards de CHANEL Palette. She lined Sandra’s eyes with the darker brown shade in the same palette.
Finally, she applied three coats of CHANEL Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Noir for sexy, glamorous lashes. To create the real focus of Sandra’s look – a gorgeous, bold red lip – Angela applied CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Paris. She finished the look by gently dabbing a bit of the same lip colour on the apples of Sandra’s cheeks – Angela’s signature makeup trick.

temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_sandrabullock001.jpg
    oscars_sandrabullock001.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 4
Maggie Gyllenhaal’s Oscar beauty look, by COVERGIRL celebrity makeup artist, Molly R. Stern Oscar day with Maggie!
Maggie is the muse of spring. Her Dries Van Noten gown is a swirl of bright colors that fades into white. For her makeup I wanted to bring out the color of her eyes with some depth while keeping with the brightness of her overall style.
We started off the look by refreshing the skin with Jurlique Rose Water spray. Then I prepped the skin with Shu Uemura red:juvenus vitalizing concentrate and lightly moisturized with La Mer moisturizing lotion.
For a flawless complexion I primed Maggie’s skin with COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer (out in July!). Then I lightly applied some Chantecaille future skin foundation in the color ‘cream’ only where she needed it. Then lastly I dusted La Mer powder foundation in ‘Ivory’ to set the skin for the big night.
For her amber peachy cheeks I used COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Rich Cinnamon. And dusted some NARS ‘dolce vita’ blush on the apples.
For Maggie’s eyes of layered copper smoke I based her eye with COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Bronze Fire. Next I deepened her lid with NARS soft touch shadow pencil ’skorpios’. Then I blended into the crease Shu Uemura pressed eye shadow ‘p brown 810′ and lastly I lightly dusted Shu Uemura pressed eyeshadow in ‘n me brown 860′ all over the lid for a golden finish. For the undereye, I resmudged the COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast under her lash line to bring out the blue of Maggie’s eyes. Finally I defined her lashes by combining brown and black mascara. I painted the lashes with both colors using COVERGIRL LashBlast Length for perfectly flirty long lashes.
On Maggie’s lips I applied NARS ’schiap’ lip color –it was the perfect shade to finish off the look. Its bright hue matches Maggie’s vibrant sense of style and confidence.
The finished product was perfection. She looked like herself. Authentic, cool and beautiful. Being a part of Oscar day with a nominee is such an honor. It’s like an actress’ wedding day with Hollywood. I love being here. I feel so blessed.

temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_maggiegyllenhaal001.jpg
    oscars_maggiegyllenhaal001.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 0
“This was Carey’s first Oscars so I wanted to make sure she looked age appropriate but still embrace the glamour of the night. Carey’s dress was edgy and elegant so I wanted to keep her makeup looking fresh and youthful. I wanted to enhance the natural beauty of her skin so I used La Mer foundation lightly powdered with La Mer’s translucent powder over that. For her eyes, I used Chanel soft beige and pink shadows from their spice palette. I used MAC’s black track eye liner followed by YSL’s Faux Cils mascara in black. To finish off her eyes I sharpened up her eyebrows with Laura Mercier’s soft blonde brow powder duo. For her cheeks, I wanted to give them a pinched cheek look with Dior’s glowing color powder blush in fruit de la passion. For the finishing touch on her skin, I used Bobbi Brown bronzing powder in medium. And finally on her lips I used Dior addict lip polish 004. I used La Mer body creme on the way out the door to give her body the same glow.” — Georgie Eisdell

temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_careymulligan001.jpg
    oscars_careymulligan001.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 2
“The look I was going for Amanda was movie star glamour while maintaining a young, fresh and modern feel.” — Monika Blunder
For Amanda’s skin, Monika started off moisturizing her with CHANEL Sublimage Fluid to give her a natural glow. Then she applied CHANEL Teint Innocence Foundation in Gentle Ivory all over her skin. Monika first lined her upper and lower lash line with CHANEL Intense Eye Pencil in Noir, extending the line past the outer corner and up. Then she blended with a brush to soften any hard lines. Next, she applied the darkest colour in the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Smoky Eyes starting at lash line and blending up towards the brow bone using a variation of the lighter colors in the palette. She finished with CHANEL Soft Touch Eye Shadow in Ivory on the inner corner of top and bottom lash line. To complete the eyes, she curled the lashes and applied three coats of CHANEL Inimitable Mascara in Noir.
CHANEL Powder Blush in Rose Petale gave her a fresh rosy glow on her cheeks. Amanda’s look was completed by applying CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Perle.

temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_amandaseyfried001.jpg
    oscars_amandaseyfried001.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1
“We wanted to achieve a sexy and sophisticated look while keeping it balanced with her dress. With luminous skin and neutral-glossed lips, I was able to really focus on her beautiful almond-shaped eyes.” -Vera Steimberg for NARS Cosmetics
Zoe Saldana wore the following products to achieve a fresh and luminous effect:
  • Orgasm Illuminator
  • Enchanted Cream Blush (NEW for Summer 2010; try Gueule de Nuit Cream Blush for a similar effect)
  • Lamu Multiple (NEW for Summer 2010; try South Beach Multiple for a similar effect)
  • Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (NEW for Summer 2010, Available May 1st)
  • Brousse Duo Eyeshadow
  • Nuits Blanches Eyeliner Stylo
  • Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
  • Love Devotion Lipstick (NEW for Summer 2010; try Casablanca Lipstick for a similar effect)
  • Ophelia Lip Gloss
temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_zoesaldana001.jpg
    oscars_zoesaldana001.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 3
Celebrity makeup artist Sarah Glick was inspired by, “Youthful, ethereal beauty–think soft, natural glowing skin.”
  • Prep: “Anna has beautiful skin and doesn’t need much to make it glow. I prepped her skin with a light, all natural moisturizer to help it stay hydrated throughout the night.” Prepped with Arcona’s Magic White Ice to protect, nourish and hydrate skin. Magic White Ice. “Anna has amazing youthful, flawless skin, so it is all about revealing her natural beauty. I used TEMPTU RETOUCH highlighter in Champagne to eyelids, cheeks, nose and any other planes that pick up light to highlight, ” says Glick.
  • Cheeks: “For a natural flush, I accented Anna’s cheek bones with a coral shade.” Dabbed and blended tarte’s natural cheek stain in eco-cheek on the apples of her cheeks.
  • Lips: “I wanted to create a soft, healthy pink lip with a touch of shine. LipSurgence natural lip stain in charmed topped with tarte’s double-ended natural lipglosses in jake & samantha (used the Samantha side–pale cotton candy pink) for added shine.
  • Finish: “I finished with a light spritz of lavender mist for added hydration and an extra dose of calming with aromatherapy.” Set the look with Arcona’s Lavendar Hydrasol for a fresh and dewy complexion.
temptalia

Attachments

• oscars_annakendrick002.jpg
    oscars_annakendrick002.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 0
Makeup artist Vasilios Tanis created Kate Bekinsale’s stunning makeup look for the 2010 Vanity Fair party: “Kate went to the Vanity Fair party, and was a smash! We went for a easy 70’s chic.. She wore a stunning silver Kaufman Franco dress so I wanted to keep her makeup warm and tawny… Emphasizing her features in an complementary manor, the dress was such a statement , I want her to look like the best version of herself without competing or matching the garment.”
Foundation: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk
Blush: shu uemura Glow On in Amber 82, and P Wine 25
Eyes: shu uemura pressed eye shadow in ME860 on the lid, Nars Fez on the lash line and bottom of the eye blended softly for a warm smoky effect. I also line the top lid with a shu uemura shiny black eyeshadow, ME 990, and lined the inner eyelid with the shu uemura drawing pencil eye liner in ME Khaki 09. I finished with lots of Diorshow mascara.

talkingmakeup

Attachments

• beckinsale.jpg
    beckinsale.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back