adidas by Stella McCartney

While adidas by Stella McCartney is arriving in stores in the US and UK this spring and summer..it seems like the Scandinavian marked has to wait till fall before the fashionable sportswear arrives in the stores :(

Hanne said:
I just looked at adidas website and Bloomingdales is probably your best bet in NY :flower:

You are right! I thought I'd drop by to check out summer dresses there (the one on 59th), but I end up running into the Stella McCartney adidas line. I didn't see the ribbon running tops, but they had the swimsuit I wanted! So I tried it on. Best swimming suit I've ever bought! I ran out of time to try on the running tights, but those seemed awesome and soft too. I might have to go back.

:-)

I was walking down the street in Piccadilly Circus in London today and saw a woman wearing one of the workout tops with a grey skirt and it looked like a dress :lol: . . . if I hadn't recognized it as the Stella McCartney stuff for Adidas I probably would have thought she was just wearing a cute dress, but I guess it's just very versatile! It made me want to go out a buy some :heart: :wub:

i love the swimming suit too. does anyone know how much roughly items on the line are selling at?

I checked this collection out at the new Adidas store (Broadway/Houston-NYC) and I loved most of the things I saw. The gym tops were about $50. I didn't have time to try anything on, so I'm not sure about the fit. I'm definitely going to get a new gym outfit.

This collection is outstanding...very soft, cream-palette, with the right shades of shady blues, purples, creams, grays, pinks...

f6_1_b.JPG

dancingellecat said:
These shoes are so cool!

they seem bit hard to work out wearing them.. no i dont like them :ninja:

vg...
check adidas.com
probably available there...

i don't think most people are buying most of this stuff to 'work out'...
it's very stylish and just like Y-3 isn't all intended for the gym...
neither is all of this...
much of it is what you'd wear to and from the gym or just running errands...

:flower:...

those shoes are good only as in-house sleepers ..hard to fit/walk in them,
perfect for dragging your feet around the house though...
i so dont like Stella's work, she's got it all wrong poor girl

well..
the poor girl's stuff is selling out FAST...!!...
:lol:...

so it may be the poor little RICH girl...:innocent:...

:wink:

selling fast :shock:
guess it proves that the zzzzz hype element still works well in some parts of the world..
proud to say, but in my parts of the woods only a handful of victimized fashhhionistasss would ever buy a bad fitting pair of shoes just because Stella 'designed' them :D

cross my heart... i really find her non talented to the core

softgrey said:
well..
the poor girl's stuff is selling out FAST...!!...
:lol:...

so it may be the poor little RICH girl...:innocent:...

:wink:

Even though 84% of the Beatles' cash went to the government back in the day, I'm sure Stella's got quite enough to tide her over without ever having to work...

it's not the SHOES...
i didn't even see any shoes...

it's the tank tops and jackets...
people will wear them with jeans and heels probably...

seriously...SELLING OUT!!!
only one size large left the day after the store opened...
i mean FAST...:shock:...

i was talking about the shoes (posted here) mainly
as for the t-shirts.. whats so special to justify selling fast?
pure idio-hype c'est tous :P

to be honest...
for only 60 bucks...
the tanks are a VERY good deal...

they're 'cute'...the quality is great!...
and you get a little 'piece' of designer clothing which you normally could not afford...

i think it's really a bargain...
i am not surprised at all by the popularity of it...
i expect that this collaboration will continue...
it's a huge success so far...

ps-the tank looks a LOT like a ysl top by tom ford that i have...
:innocent:

Lena said:
those shoes are good only as in-house sleepers ..hard to fit/walk in them,
perfect for dragging your feet around the house though...
i so dont like Stella's work, she's got it all wrong poor girl

Lena, I agree with you 100%. I also agree with your post about hype and victimized fashionistas. I thought I read that the collection was designed by a team. If that is the case, anyone buying this to have something "designed" by Stella is barking up the wrong tree.

When I first heard about this collection I was not excited at all. I did not want to make any comment until I actually saw it though. Now that I have seen it I can say that it is exactly what I expected it to be-mediocre. The majority of the pieces are things that can easily be found elsewhere for far less money. $60 for a tank top with a bow on it :huh: , that is obscene.

Lena said:
selling fast :shock:
guess it proves that the zzzzz hype element still works well in some parts of the world..
proud to say, but in my parts of the woods only a handful of victimized fashhhionistasss would ever buy a bad fitting pair of shoes just because Stella 'designed' them :D

cross my heart... i really find her non talented to the core

i agree, aside from the non talented part, because as unfunctional as this line may be, her eye for styling is certainly sharp, and i feel she is very shrewd to even get this deal in the first place. however, the deciding factor is if customers in the end will actually be happy w/ the product once they put it to use...

yes..it's designed by a team...
but only people who read womenswear daily knows that...
(not the average adidas customer)
it's not like they're advertising that...:lol:

it's all about marketing...
say what you like...
but money's money...

and they don't care WHY people buy it...
just that they do...:D

which is how you stay in business...
just playing the game and playing it well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->