adidas by Stella McCartney

Golden_butterfly said:
Does anyone know how much these cost ? :heart:

$80 for the sneackers, $150 for "stella mccartney" written on them.

metal-on-metal said:
Softgrey,

They have it in the window display uptown at Bloomingdale's (Lexington and 59th). I assume they have the entire collection in stock.
thx metal...

More Fashion infused Sportswear

-Adidas by Stella McCartney​

The first collection of the Adidas by Stella McCartney Sport Performance Collection has became available in stores across the US, Japan and Europe. The first launch is on 17th February in Bloomingdales in New York as well as high-end Japanese department stores. Following, the collection will be available at Nordstrom stores and Adidas Sport Performance Stores throughout the US from 25th February 2005. The collection is planned to be sold at Adidas Sport Performance Stores in Europe and Japan too.

“This collection gives women what they want, products that both perform and look great”, claims Bill Sweeney, Project Leader and Head of Apparel at the Adidas Sport Performance division and it is true that the collection is a great combination of Stella’s unique and feminine design and Adidas’s knowledge of functional sports products.

Women, nowadays, are becoming more demanding and much more sophisticated. Surely, it is a part of their lifestyle going to gyms and workout and also taking dance lessons etc. But they want a style in their sportswear also. The collection, Adidas by Stella McCartney has stylish, relaxed and functional aspects as sportswear that would be perfect for the demanding customers.

Khaki, moss green and plum…the sophisticated colors of the collections are infused with accents of red and gold. The use of swags and ribbons are prominent in the collection and are a trademark of Stella McCartney’s design sensibility. The collections are perfect for street styles too. One might want to avoid wearing these exquisite pieces at the gym – we can’t imagine perspiring all over them!

Now, athletic performance sportswear is becoming more fashionable. Previously, Adidas released Y-3, the collaboration sportswear products with the Japanese Designer Yoji Yamamoto. The Y-3 collections won its popularity amongst high fashion conscious customers not only in the US but Japan and Europe. RespectME, the Adidas and Missy Elliot line was a huge success as well.

One of the largest sporting goods manufacturers, Puma, is no exception. The company has released a shoe collection called Puma by Mihara Yasuhiro. Mihara is one of the most famous designers in Tokyo and known as his unique and stylish shoe designs. Previously, the company introduced yoga wear label, Nuala designed by the famous model Christy Turlington.

It is no longer a unique concept for sport apparel companies to collaborate with fashion designers. It will be expected and is a driver in the apparel marketplace as superstar designers continue to be pulled in by athletic wear companies in order to grab the consumer’s attention.

On 2nd of February, the Adidas by Stella McCartney collections were launched at a Japanese high-end department store called Isetan in Tokyo for a trial run. Japanese customers waited in line before the store opening and some of the products were already sold out within hours.

-Sumi Kokubu

Merchandise Information images from left to right:
Adidas by Stella McCartney gym ringerback tank $70, adidas by Stella McCartney gym 3/4 leggings $80. Adidas by Stella McCartney pants (cover ups range) $85. Adidas by Stella McCartney gym bra top (optional tie ribbon) $70 adidas by Stella McCartney gym short tights $50.

http://www.stylemaven.com/stylefile_stella4adidas_feb2005.htm

stylefile_stella_goldslippe.jpg

i dislike these shoes-they look like pseudo sportwear. but whomever decided on stella is smart cause this stuff will sell. not that the puma stuff in comparison looks particuarily functional but at least its innovative and not ugly (the shoes mostly)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked what I saw of this, but a lot of that had to do with the photographs. Those were really nice and had an odd underwater feeling to them. They were mysterious and ambigious too, as there were a lot of close-ups and the heads of the models were never shown. Strawbutter, you're right though--this line has a lot of extraneous, purely decorative design elements to it. However, I like how it looks

22hovt

22howk

22hoxz

run03.jpg

I bought this for a lady and oh my!
the pictures from the ads was amazing but on a real body they're even greater! Running is not even an option when she puts it on

TheSoCalledPrep said:
^^ would running be possible in these clothes, or are they too constricting??

According to the lady, they're great to be active in.

My great fear is that this will lead to even more kids going to the gym to hang around the machines looking at each other instead of actually working out :angry:

I thin what is so refreshing about this is that its so much better than her ready to wear collections. The RTW has a sense of "well, I could have done that" but the range for Addidas is completly different.
Really really good. Am going strainght to the shop tomorrow to have a better look, if its not all been snapped up!

Am I late on the stella adidas stuff, or is it still available? I saw some of the tops on ebay going for $120. Does anyone know if you can buy it online through a non-ebay-type website? thanks!

I've been intrigued by this.

...now, if I only worked out. hahaha.

woah.. the swimsuits are amazing!!! I love to swim, but one-piece swimwears make you look like a grandma sometimes :doh: . The one-piece she has is so refreshing and playful. Any serious swimmers here?

I guess I'm going to try calling Bloomingdales (don't know which yet, will probably call them up) to ask about it.

I just looked at adidas website and Bloomingdales is probably your best bet in NY :flower:

I want those shoes that travolta posted.. .they're quirky but i like 'em!

how come this is so good? I would even go to the gym if I had some of this. I wonder if the collaboration is permanent.....

This is definitely my favorite adidas/designer collaboration. I hope it continues, it's so feminine and sporty . . . i love the bows

Sorry for the double post! :blush: But I really love all the different kinds of straps and materials :heart:

In love with stella...

Thanks to whomever started this thread. I almost forgot about this whole deal that Stella has with Adidas even though I recall reading about it a while ago. I think it's a genius idea and as you can see for yourself that it's not just her name branded on the products you can actually see her design come through. Unlike Nuala, which I think is more based on marketing a lifestyle and using a name instead of making items that people actually wanna buy. I was pleasantly surprised at the price of these items. I believe they cost as much or maybe less than "normal" Adidas stuff that you find. Definatly cheaper than the more hip Nike collection for women. That being said and the wider distribution I think it'll definately be a hit in many countries. I'm really glad that Adidas has finally made the right move with the right price as well. Personally I think that the entire Y3 line is overpriced and some of the costs really don't justify themselves well. Way to go Stella! You won over my heart and I'm a guy as well. Great job indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->