Akris S/S 2010 : Daphne Guinness by Steven Klein

mikel

Reaction score

vogue.co.uk

Bag Lady

Lauren Milligan
08 December 2009

SWISS fashion label Akris today unveiled its first handbag collection and has chosen über muse Daphne Guinness - looking very unlike her usual blonde self - as the face of the range.
As well as the bag debut the images are another landmark for the label, as the 15th collection which has been shot by photographer Stephen Klein. Working with Akris designer Albert Kriemler, grandson of the company's founder, Klein shot his first Akris campaign with British model Stella Tennant in 1990 - and has shot every one since.
"For one, Daphne is a beautiful and intriguing woman - a fashion icon in her own right," Kriemler explained. "I have seen her photographed by Steven before, she emanates a sense of mystery and aristocracy - there is more to the picture than meets the eye."
The new Akris bags - the trapezoidal-shaped Ai bag and the Amata clutch - pictured with Guinness who is sporting the new spring/summer 2010 colletion, will arrive in stores in February.

Last edited by a moderator:
is that the same woman ???
:huh::blink:

café mode @ lexpress.fr

Attachments

• daphne_guiness.jpg
    daphne_guiness.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 8
It looks indeed like an outtake. Kinda dissapointing. She also looks like Sharon Stone in that pic.

It's very muted, I don't really like it. And Daphne looks nothing like herself, you can hardly tell it's her (in fact, if it didn't say so I don't know if I could tell it's her).

^ I could never tell it's Daphne :blink: I would think it's too photoshopped Raquel :unsure:

I love it.Sleek chic.

Why even bother using her when she doesn't dress like that or even do her hair like that (I'm assuming she'll go back to her pre-a-few-days-ago look)? Unless, that is, that she wants to become more of a model than a muse. In that case: :cry:

Hm, not sure. It's so photoshopped that almost look cartoon-ish.

I adore her with full black hair. She looks more younger now.
I find the shot interesting. Especially the bag. So surreal in that position.

As much as I have respect for her style and her being, she's not a model and should really just stick to being a heiress in beautiful couture.

Why even bother using her when she doesn't dress like that or even do her hair like that (I'm assuming she'll go back to her pre-a-few-days-ago look)? Unless, that is, that she wants to become more of a model than a muse. In that case: :cry:

I think it would be a bit boring to constantly see Daphne as Daphne if you get what I am saying. She wasn't "herself" when she walked in the Giles show either...I think it works quite well here.

-As for being shot at the same time as the VI edit, this was shot later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->