Akris S/S 2010 : Daphne Guinness by Steven Klein

Disappointing, really really looks like her VI ed.

I don't like this shot and the reminiscence to her VI editorial, but I need to see more.
It looks very catalog...

I loooved Daphne'd ed in VI so I love this ad too. It's hilarious that the photographer re-used the completely same concept for it, though :lol:

ySiXM.jpg

elleuk.com

Yes, it is too photoshopped. The make-up and lighting is too harsh. Daphne looks nothing like herself. What's the purpose of using her in the first place?

I thought it was raquel lol, it's WAYYY TOOO PHOTOSHOPPED

Why even bother using her when she doesn't dress like that or even do her hair like that

I agree. What's the point of having her if she's so unrecognisable. For me it's Daphne's style and personality that makes her such an icon, not her looks or modeling ability. Really boring ad

i dont like daphne. she kinda reminds me of debbie harry in this. but i dont like it, it indeed looks very catalog :huh:

God, this is horrendous. :sick:
It was photoshopped harshly and Daphne is just a bad model choice for this collection.

she has the severe look the akris woman will love. perfect for the launch of a line of handbags with lines that strong.

I think Natasha Poly would have done an amazingg job for this! But Daphne looks great too, way to airbrushed/photoshopped though. Although it still looks fierce and mysterious. It's intruiging, really.

What a major downgrade from last Alana's ads last season :ninja: I mean, the whole idea + setting and the weird make-up are pretty much okay to me but what was going wrong in their heads to cast a girl like Daphne (after Alana last time)? Not to mention that the photoshop ruins the last bit of okay-ness for me...

this looks identical to the editorial from italian vogue with tyson ballou; how boring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqqq0102
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->