Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2010 : Madonna by Steven Klein

The more I look at this the more I feel Madonna was a bad choice for this theme. Sophia Loren would have been a way better choice and more authentic! Yeah, Sophia Loren is quite old but Madonna is no spring chicken herself! :lol:

she looks great but to me she doesnt fit the Dolce & Gabbana asthetic and her facial expressions seem off
It's botox and plenty of it! :doh:

^half of the audience dolce and gabbana seeks to reach with these ads would not know who sophia loren is....

More new images from the campaign

1zz2xbo.jpg

source for all images: madonnafanzine

Attachments

• dg_milan_001.jpg
    dg_milan_001.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 15
  • dg_milan_002.jpg
    dg_milan_002.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 17
  • dg_milan_005.jpg
    dg_milan_005.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 17
Some of these are just slightly better, even though she looks like Courtney Love on the smaller ones.:huh:

Ooh I like the new images and how they are showcased at the boutique :heart:

The new shots are lovely, can't wait to see them bigger ^_^

Ooh, not at all bad, these new photos! Madonna doesn't quite succeed in her facial expressions in every shot, which is the main reason why some of them are a little meh, but overall this must be my favorite D&G ad campaign in a long while. Especially the first of the new pictures posted here is gorgeous, can't wait to see it in print. I kind of like this new, softer side to Madonna. In fact, I love it! :woot:

(Never thought I'd say this of anyone, but if only she was a little less toned. Her arms are so muscular it's a little disturbing in some of the shots, and it kind of eats away on the believability of Madonna, the "wealthy, careless housewife in D&G". :ninja:)

the first sunglasses ad

source: madonnatribe

Attachments

• dg_milan_506.jpg
    dg_milan_506.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 16
^^ Really wish there had been less cleavage in that shot, it kinda distracts from the eyewear. Thanks for posting, though!

Ahahaha omg that guy in the "sunglasses" (or rather: cleavage-advertisement) shot just made my day :rofl:

this is bordering on my favorite ad campaign for dolce and gabbana of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->