Alexa Chung for Madewell

I like the whole look with the black velvet skirt, the biker jacket, the coat and the red dress. I like it much better than the first collection, actually. Would love to get something from this collection.

looks like i wont be getting the pajamas. they cost 275$ apparently. :innocent:

It seems very TopShop, I felt the first round was better executed.

I like the palm tree dress but that's about it. I could easily find carbon copies of everything else elsewhere (and for a much cheaper price). But I'm going to wait till the palm tree dress goes on sale anyway. The construction of Madewell clothes are about on par with Forever 21, Urbanoutfitters, etc. So I can't justify spending 200+ dollars on a dress that is about as "finely" made as those stores.

Did anyone get a pair of the leopard booties? I was up at 7:45 and they were already sold out.

wow, they decided to increase the prices a lot.:shock:

in magazines and in press releases the pajama top was supposed to be $150, now its $200. the pajama bottoms were supposed to be 125$, now they are 200$ also. :unsure:

wow, they decided to increase the prices a lot.:shock:

in magazines and in press releases the pajama top was supposed to be $150, now its $200. the pajama bottoms were supposed to be 125$, now they are 200$ also. :unsure:

yeah, and you can see they are the pieces still languishing online. They would have probably sold out right away at the other prices.

It baffles me, why you anyone pay for something that you can find absolutely everywhere from a fraction of the price. Her inspiration must have been every single high street shop on Oxford street. It's like Oasis, Forever 21, H&M, Zara and Topshop all bungled into one.
Fair play to Alexa if her name alone, can shift this rubbish at this price.

Zara has tons of those leopard boots since the start of season, so they are clearly already a copy of something else.

I could maybe understand the pricing if the clothes were indeed, "Made Well", but they are not and, like I said in my last post, the construction is on par of Forever 21, Top Shop, etc. I mean those boots for $350 I can easily get at Urbanoutfitters or Top Shop for 200 bucks less.

I just wanted the leopard booties. I love the shape of them & the chunky heel.
Also one of the dresses is just a repeat from her last madewell collection.

does anyone know if those madewell boots come true to size? i am usually between an 8 and 8.5. has anyone tried them on? help!

i would have liked the leopard ones, but might go with the black, they are a great shape and heel is perf!

ended up not really liking anything in the collection...and definitely didn't like anything enough to pay those ridiculous prices

i went to my local store (5 minute walk from my work). none of the items were out yet (they are planning on putting them out late tonight). she also said that the store was only carrying some of the items.

she said the nearest store that has the palm print dress is the Soho store in NYC.

they are putting most of the items online rather than in stores because the items didnt sell in-stores and sold out online last time.

I wanted the leopard booties and checked around 8:30 am but they were sold out already :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->